Rising Tide left over spawn.... I thought it was players'... but no, it is the Plunder Beacons...

poppspopps Posts: 3,904
edited May 2019 in General Discussions
I thought that it was players' fault who were leaving annoying Rising Tide spawn behind (Sea and Deep Serpents, Krakens, Water Elementals) but I just realized that no, it is the spawn from the "disappearing" Plunder Beacons....

It looks like that Plunder Beacons have a timer, if no player challenges them, they go "poof"....

I have had several just do that right before my eyes which is rather annoying by itself, considering how time consuming it can be to find them, sometimes... one spends time to look and find for one, eventully finds it but it then goes poof unless one does not right away attack it... I have had several disappearing while I took some time to maneuver into position but the sea spawn was blocking the ships' movements, causing a time delay and the Plunder Beacon to time out and vanish before my eyes....

Unfortunately, when they disappear because unchallenged by any player, they DO NOT take their annoying side spawn along with them and, so, eventually the Sea becomes littered with all of this blocking Ships spawn when a good number of Plunder Beacons spawn, create sea monsters, and then vanish because no player attacks them but leaving those sea monsters they created behind....

I would have preferred if, when vanishing, they had taken their spawn along without littering the sea of it...

Oh well....

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,322
    why don't you simply kill the spawn?  You do know you can get cargo drops from it?  
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    I do, but when the left over spawn is too much, it takes time to sail through it....

The problem I find myself having, is that, since I find Ship tracking useless to locate Plunder Beacons as I get way too many "false" hints which get me to Ships, not to Plunder Beacons, I need to search for Plunder Beacons in "Grids", sailing North/South or East/West.

I command Forward and wait 'till I bump into a Plunder Beacon....

I found this to be the only way to a little more effectively finding Plunder Beacons so, I am not using the Ships' Tracking at all.

I am already interrupted in my sailing by Dread Pirates, Merchants and Players' Ships and having "also" the left over Sea Spawn block me in my sailing becomes an annoying waste of time....

It would be different, though, if the Shipt Tracking had "filters" using which, I could set it to ONLY point me to Plunder Beacons..... then, I would have no issue whatsoever in having to kill the left over Sea Spawn in the way....

Unfortunately, Ships' Tracking has no filters....
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    on Thursday I came across a spot where the screen was totally filed full of sea serpents...
    I don't leave them if I come across them...
    you get lots of scales and horned leather from them...
    And of those that I killed I got 4 crate drops.

you say it takes time to sail through it... that means you aren't killing them... thus missing out on those crate drops... I am a tamer, between me casting energy bolts and my beetle, it only took a min to clear the area... And I was able to be on my way...

And from my experience, if you don't come across a beacon within a few mins, just go after the merchants or pirates... lots of awesome loot there... and pirates give you ship plans... but its amazing that if you do them, that you keep up with supplies to do the cannons for the plunderbeacons...

Me and my husband will do merchant ships & pirates, and as soon as the plunderbeacons spawn, there will be many more in the area... if you don't do those ships, then you will be looking for awhile and missing out on the other stuff. Even if you can't use the supplies, there are people who would buy them
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    Aye. My motto on the sea is "Everything Dies!

Always come back with plenty of cargo to turn in.

A plunder beacon will show up soon enough.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    ouch popps.  Sorry that the seas aren't a clear lane for your sailing pleasure.

But seriously, when you encounter the spawn, just kill it, you would be surprised how many lower level crates you pick up in a hurry

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Kill em. Only the Krakens are tough. I end up with a bunch of that cargo.

I am glad you are doing these. You are correct, it is often better to just make a sweep of the area. You find beacons that are not on the tracking arrows. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    popps said:
    I do, but when the left over spawn is too much, it takes time to sail through it....

The problem I find myself having, is that, since I find Ship tracking useless to locate Plunder Beacons as I get way too many "false" hints which get me to Ships, not to Plunder Beacons, I need to search for Plunder Beacons in "Grids", sailing North/South or East/West.

I command Forward and wait 'till I bump into a Plunder Beacon....

I found this to be the only way to a little more effectively finding Plunder Beacons so, I am not using the Ships' Tracking at all.

I am already interrupted in my sailing by Dread Pirates, Merchants and Players' Ships and having "also" the left over Sea Spawn block me in my sailing becomes an annoying waste of time....

It would be different, though, if the Shipt Tracking had "filters" using which, I could set it to ONLY point me to Plunder Beacons..... then, I would have no issue whatsoever in having to kill the left over Sea Spawn in the way....

Unfortunately, Ships' Tracking has no filters....
    Neither do real ships from back in those days. You had to use your eyes to see ships on the horizon or spy glasses to see what flag they were flying. I have not had any issues with the tracking of ships but I take them all out and loot them, especially the Merchant ships which have great loot. I don't kill them just scuttle and loot.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Out of curiosity what template are you using? Maybe use two chars if needed? If you have an archer, they can clear the spawn rather hastily. I use a horselord bow but I enjoy using the mischief maker too for speed. my archer shoots arrows at the beacon too while I am firing cannons at it.