love for bards (spell songs)

would it be horrible to give some love to bards so we are not shoehorned into being hybrid(read not good ) mages fighters tamers etc 420 skill points invested makes  it tough to add anything else(yes i have been everyone of these mixes as well as necro,mystic,etc). a few simple spells would give us some freedom

encore/repeat performance/steady gig=recall/Mark
hair of the dog=cure
spotlight= night site 
you get the idea no real new coding needed just rename some magery spells and base them on bard skill....
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    You have not been killing Beacons apparently.

Many Templates are hybrids.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,346
    I have a bard, she has 120 music, peace, disco, provo, magery and medi. plus significant mana regen on her suit.
    She happily solos the abyss mini-spawns, is VERY welcome at guild hunts and needs only a summoned water ele or demon running interference and taking some of the heat to manage a beacon quite nicely, including needing only 8 cannon shots to sink it. 
    tip: hunt up an orc slayer instrument or two.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    edited May 2019
    i hope it does not seem i was complaining that my Bard was under powered, far from it with various templates i can do most things alone or with just one other player.(with my current Bard/mystic build and orc slayer i can do 300 a pop on plunderbeacon orcs) this does not change the fact that bards are shall i say incomplete! and need their own school of magic this would allow for Gasp fun and create more RP possibilities. i frankly feel the same way about other schools of magic especially Mysticism we are powerful gargoyle magic users we can even use our powers to make items godlike but recall nope guess we missed that boat... 
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    You can do a magery mystic full bard already with jewels and item bumps.

120 x 4 for bard skills as these are the masteries used.

80 magery with jewelry to 110 
    90 mystic with jewelry to 120
    70 focus with jewelry, obi, totem to 120

Will you have a luck suit on? Of course not if you are support. Have studded armor on for 55% lmc and your suit at 30 mana regen to keep playing chosen songs. Toss an RC, play songs, heal and cure and cleanse winds.....

Bards do not need to be toyed with now. 

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    I feel bards we're always meant to be hybrids. There's plenty of room to make vicious templates. 

I vote no on touching bards. 
    Urge said:
    I feel bards we're always meant to be hybrids. There's plenty of room to make vicious templates. 

I vote no on touching bards. 
    how would adding spellsongs be changing bards at all ? if you don't want to use them you can keep magery/chiv/myst etc  its an additional  thing not a change 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    The Peace song cures. Wear the Nocturn earrings. Mark and recall are one use, not a lasting effect.

Someone once asked. How could making the loot in Treasure Chests better change T hunting.
    Look what that turned in to.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    £xactly.  You wouldn't just be getting spellsongs. You'll be getting quests and whatever spin becomes off it. 

It's perfectly fine as it is.
    Pawain said:
    Someone once asked. How could making the loot in Treasure Chests better change T hunting.
    Look what that turned in to.

best reply ever i agree 100%
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    agreed. Please do NOT try to "fix" bards. we are all good with how they are.