Ship Based Champ Spawn

is this possible? @Mesanna @Kyronix

If they built it would you come ??

seems to me Dot Island and the inland sea around it would be good place to put an alter ....
put one in Tokuno and turn Treasures of Tokuno back on with new sailing/sea based rewards
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
     It’s something we’ve considered but a ship based champ spawn presents some challenges related to accessibility.  If you consider the plunderbeacon - how many ships can fight one at once?

We use the Treasures of Tokuno style reward structure for many encounters, although the minor artifact reward scheme has become unsustainable to the point now everything is randomly generated.
    Thanks.  I have no clue what Jolly Roger is now.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Pawain said:
    Thanks.  I have no clue what Jolly Roger is now.
    Clearly it is a chipper fellow named Roger!
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Kyronix said:
     It’s something we’ve considered but a ship based champ spawn presents some challenges related to accessibility.  If you consider the plunderbeacon - how many ships can fight one at once?

We use the Treasures of Tokuno style reward structure for many encounters, although the minor artifact reward scheme has become unsustainable to the point now everything is randomly generated.
    I don't think accessibility would be an issue as you wouldn't attack the alter but the spawn and i was say 4 ships could attack the plunderbeacon in blind spots 6 if you don't mind taking damage 
    ")
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Kyronix said:

Make killing all the spawn drop a protective field blocking you from the island/altar then when the boss pops you are allowed to jump on the island to beat him down, easy peasy 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

If you had a boss in the water a couple of Britannian ships could show up and block it out.

I'm sure they will think of something fun.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    ships blocking things not an issue in fel well not for long anyway
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    McDougle said:
    ships blocking things not an issue in fel well not for long anyway
    Yep, about 12 cannonballs 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Kyronix said:
    How about a giant floating dock with spawn on it. Players could fire cannons around dock or take their character on dock to fight. 

You could also put the powerscrolls everyone has been wanting.