Returning player - need advice

Hey, so I just rejoined UO after a LONG vacation (long being after Renaissance came out) and I really want to get back into it. Created an account, got a tamer up and running and started in on the game.

Question for you guys - how hard is it to get a house on Atlantic and/or how much do I need to save? Just need a place big enough to get on my feet again.

Anything else I need to know that I won't read on the Wiki please let me know, thanks!

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited May 2019
    Welcome to the forum where the old guard want to keep this game as complicated and user unfriendly as possible and any confusion you experience is your own fault.

My advice is to join a guild that uses discord voice chat so they can talk you through everything and help you out, a lot of the decent content you can’t do alone. 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited May 2019
    Welcome back! :)

Houses on ATL go from free (Small Tower sized plots are plentiful in Tram, Fel or Malas - I saw even a couple in Tokuno) to INSANE (Keeps or Castles cost from 2 pp up). You can find a customizable 18X18 plot for sale in a "normal" place (i.e.: not around Luna or Yew Gate) or a Classic Tower for between 25 and 100 million GPs, or you can sit some IDOCs and afterward try to grab the land for free by yourself.

I.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Arcon said:
    Hey, so I just rejoined UO after a LONG vacation (long being after Renaissance came out) and I really want to get back into it. Created an account, got a tamer up and running and started in on the game.

Question for you guys - how hard is it to get a house on Atlantic and/or how much do I need to save? Just need a place big enough to get on my feet again.

Anything else I need to know that I won't read on the Wiki please let me know, thanks!
    Welcome back. If you are ever on Great Lakes and need a hunting buddy or help let me know I will be happy to help if I can. My main character is Sir Kevin my tamer. And dispite  what some persons may have you believe it is not as bad as they say, you can find some people to assist you depending on the time of day and the shard you are on. I hope you give the game a chance and judge for yourself. There are a lot of changes in the game  and I think there is a lot of great things to do. I have been playing for more than 18 years and am by no means an expert but will try to be assistance to those that need it. If you are on Great Lakes and need a home I know a few spots up to 18x18, and I am always on the look out for spots to place.

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,831
    Ivenor is correct, you can find spots to place small houses all over. Just look around I just placed a near max storage in Malas. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209

I've been helping returning players find housing. I currently have runes to 2 max storage spots that haven't been taken yet.

I will give you starter gold to place and build. If fel isn't your thing I know a few other spots for smaller.

• Since you're used to it, many many places to drop a house in fel Atlantic.  I placed my tower after about 2 minutes of looking.
  • SoldahouseSoldahouse Posts: 129
    Arcon I can help you with housing on Atlantic and so will others, just yell in general chat. You can place max storage plots in trammel, malas and felucca. Also 1st shop out umbras east side has runebooks on porch for houses that are falling, you might be able to place at one of those. Welcome back to the game I hope you stay this time. Yell in chat for a house or yell for Spring. enjoy
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Welcome Back