new bamboo like housing exploit

2»

Comments

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    edited May 2019
    Someone posted a gif showing this already like within a week of the bamboo change. Don't know who it was.

They have already stated that there is fix coming into play for this so people who don't mind seeing all the homes load upon them coming into view will be able to set it so they can see it. The rest can leave it turned off so it won't be loaded when it comes into view. Now all they need to do is copy and paste the attributes of other other floor tiles to the stairs that go inside of a house. I think the front "steps" on the plot are fine for showing some stuff. The whole thing is this... we have an option to store how many loaded homes we want to on our hard drive and this stair thing, just like the bamboo thing, is/was bypassing that. That is the issue.

~fixed typo
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Could you hear the bitching from all the exploiters if we could figure a way to force them all to load the contents of a Castle just by  being in the vicinity of it and not being required to step on the steps.  If this was an intended feature of UO then this would have been in the game from day one.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Ivenor said:
    Players should stop trying to continuously find loopholes to showcase their lagfest houses. People that continue to do so should start receiving bans enough trying to find ways to exploit the system when it is clear it was not intended for you to showcase your stuff when they fixed bamboo you can't possibly try to argue that they aren't knowingly breaking the rules.
    @ Kyronix @ Mesanna @ Bleak
    Yes, call momma and daddy, bacause someone with a level of creativity that you can only DREAM of have CREATED something new. And no, I don't own ANY house that utilize this TECHNIQUE, that is NOT an exploit. DUPING is an exploit.
    anything that circumvents the intended game mechanics is an exploit regardless if you think its harmless or not the fact they patched bamboo to stop this is proof that it is not an intended feature and therefore exploitative in nature.
    No: they "patched" bamboo only to avoid to continuing being PESTERED by a VERY VOCAL MINORITY of whining snowflakes.
    As in RL, so in UO... :/
    No the snowflakes are the ones that think they are above the rules and can do what they want just because they say so.
    Dear  Pippin,
    if you don't se by yourself the difference between wanting to see something ELIMINATED from the game because it "hurts" YUOR SPECIFIC play style and ONLY wanting to be left in peace playing as one wants, without asking for any modification that impact onto other players game style... well, it is plainly impossible to explain it more...  ;)

Arron said:

Ah, for the love of all that is.   PLEASE. Please put an ignore feature on these forums.
    I second that. For a friend of course. 
    This function is already here. It is called "Don't Read the Threads that doesn't Interest You"... ;)
    edited May 2019

Bilbo said:
    show me where is anything on TOS about this!!!!!!!
    ZERO, NADA, so pls Go play your own game and let me play my!

Here you go lawbreaker.
    When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:
    • Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.
    You are distorting the meaning of this comma. For what I know NO ONE in the Devs Team FORMALLY called using BFloor  an "exploit". They simply "fixed" it and Mesanna said that "in the future" there will be a "show/no show" button in the Options.

Button that, considering that the Devs at the moment have bigger... Tritons to fry, I really doubt we will see shortly.

This said, I note again that this thread was NOT started by someone asking for that "button", but from someone of the bunch of people that ALREADY has had the BFloor nerfed, but that STILL WHINE because IN LUNA there is someone with some creativity, even if he and his pals play their "Whack-A-Mole" version of UO NEAR FEL YEW GATE!!!
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Poor little lawbreakers trying to justify their ways, typical snowflake mentality.  If UO wanted the contents of a house to load when you just get near it then all houses would do this.  The only houses doing this are the ones using an exploit that intentionally interferes with others.
    Bilbo said:
    Poor little lawbreakers trying to justify their ways, typical snowflake mentality.  If UO wanted the contents of a house to load when you just get near it then all houses would do this.  The only houses doing this are the ones using an exploit that intentionally interferes with others.
    Repeating ad nauseam your bias don't make them a iota truerer.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    As just about everyone posting this thread appears to have totally ignored the first rule in the ToS. I'm closing it.
This discussion has been closed.