Moving your ship from facet to facet

DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,739
edited May 2019 in General Discussions
I once asked if was possible to do something like the Serpent Pillar (traveling from facet to facet) that we have on the Trammel and Felucca facets for the waters of the The Tokuno Islands.  It is a pain in the rear to pack up your ship and move all of it to those waters or reverse back to Trammel waters.  I would love to see something like this happen with this current story Arch.  How is Capt Hook getting his ships to and from those waters??  
  1. Would you like to see a way to move your ship to the waters of Tokuno and back?31 votes
    1. "NOPE" Suck it up pancake!
      16.13%
    2. Yes I would! ♥♥♥
      83.87%
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    A gate for ships is a great idea.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 777
    Yep
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,079
    That is the way to get something added.  Tie it in with the Lore!

Would have to be due some direction from a Dock or I'd never find it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    How about use the current gate and just add another gate and a new word.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,079
    Gidge said:
    I don't know where the current one is.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    i tried using the serpent pillar but it was not working on Pac... i heard that they shut it off because it was crashing the shard somehow
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    You could but gates at Zento (Tokuno), Brit (Tram and Fel), Malas (none), Ilshenar (none), Ter Mur(is there sea travel there), Eodon (is there sea travel there) and Delucia.  4(6) gates to tie all the major sea ports together.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,739
    Pawain said:
    Gidge said:
    http://www.uoguide.com/Serpent_Pillars
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,838
    And throw in a way to go between Tram and Fel while you're at it
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 777
    All of these requests make sense to me. We should have gates that allow us to choose what body of water we want to sail to without having to empty the hold and drydock. 
    i have suggested in other post that there needs to be more ship traffic how on earth are there no ships coming in and out of Brit no ship traffic to and from the sea market ?? 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,684
    McDougle said:
    i have suggested in other post that there needs to be more ship traffic how on earth are there no ships coming in and out of Brit no ship traffic to and from the sea market ?? 
    I know for most people, on my home shard,  they are busy doing the plunderbeacons...
    And with the Krakens no longer dropping MIBs, I don't get on my fisher.

I think it depends on the shard, whether people are taking the time to do the fishmonger quests...
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,684
    I think they should add another pillar, that will take you to the Tokuno Island Waters...
    instead of a serpent pillar, make it a yamandon pillar.
    that way people won't be confused about where it will take you.

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Pawain said:
    Gidge said:
    There are actually two serpent pillars between Trammel and T2A or between Felucca and T2A:

In Trammel or Fel (say "Doracron" to get to T2A): 
    • 110 49 S, 116 51 E (this is east of Trinsic) 
    • 145 22 S, 63 46 W (this is west of Jhelom)
    In T2A (say "Sueacron" to get to Trammel or Felucca, depending on which ruleset you're under when in T2A):
    • 30 50 N, 47 23 W (this is west of the desert) 
    • 36 7 N, 2 15 E (this is east of ophidian lair)
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    McDougle said:
    There are often merchant ships and now plunder beacons in the area between Moonglow and the sea market.   
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,739
    Drakelord said:
    Pawain said:
    Gidge said:
    http://www.uoguide.com/Serpent_Pillars
    And that is why I posted this link
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    Drakelord said:
    I once asked if was possible to do something like the Serpent Pillar (traveling from facet to facet) that we have on the Trammel and Felucca facets for the waters of the The Tokuno Islands.  It is a pain in the rear to pack up your ship and move all of it to those waters or reverse back to Trammel waters.  I would love to see something like this happen with this current story Arch.  How is Capt Hook getting his ships to and from those waters??  

I do agree that there should be a way to move Ships also to the other Facets ALTHOUGH, when considering Felucca, when moving INTO Felucca and out of Felucca the code should be written in a way that the Ship being moved INTO Felucca would be materialized ANYWHERE, randomly, all over the Felucca Sea and NOT right where the Gate in Felucca would be and that the Ships moving OUT of Felucca would be able to have their "crossing password", whatever it would be, work from a VERY large distance from wherever the Gate in Felucca was to be.

Why so ?

To avoid that Gate in Felucca being Camped by PvPers to then attack any and all Ships moving into Felucca or out of Felucca.

Sea PvP should happen in Felucca, no question, BUT, Sea PvPers should actually WORK to find their targets at Sea there and not have them being handed to them on a Silver Platter because they were camping the one and only Gate in Felucca Sea....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,347
    I'd love something like this.

Incidentally, anyone who has regularly used the serpent's pillars would know that you arrive at a random location within a few screens of the beacon in any direction, and not at the beacon itself.
  • Oh please, make the gate a whirlpool ! some serious fun role play with that one! Plus it would look cool and scary at the same time! 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • Oh I got a great idea! How about a magic stone you could drop on the ground (or water) and it would transfer you to the same location on the facet of your choice? :)

I loved moonstones.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    I'd love something like this.

Incidentally, anyone who has regularly used the serpent's pillars would know that you arrive at a random location within a few screens of the beacon in any direction, and not at the beacon itself.
    The area is still a too short one, to my opinion, it would still permit to campers of the Gate to spot any Ship entering Felucca and get on their pursuit.

Furthermore, what about when having to "exit" Felucca ?

If the Gate was to be only 1, as it is now that one needs to practically "touch" the Pillars in order for the keyword to work, basically PvP Ships camping the Gate would make it impossible for any Ship to leave Felucca via that Gate....

Nope, whatever solution was to be found, it should be one, to my opinion, that would NOT permit the camping of who enters or exits Felucca....

As I said, Sea PvP should exist, but PvPers should actually "work" and make an effort to "find" their Sea targets, NOT have them served to them on a silver platter through the "choke point" of a Gate....
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    How about making the area around the gate a guard zone? You can arrive from Tram and do a "Nope" and return to Tram. Of it you are trying to leave Fel you can run the blockade to get into the guard zone and be safe even from cannons.
    trapping ships in a choke point the oldest preferred method... and any ship waiting there is well kinda trapped as well and sitting duck ...
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    I wouldn't mind some powerful moonstone like @Amberwitch stated - I miss them greatly as well! An Ocean-Moonstone! That would be cool!! Would take an entire ship between facets via a magical whirlpool-gate! (nod to @Lord_Nabin cos I love that idea too!). These can be uber-rare drops from ocean mobs or bosses... or even toss them into the general loot table for peerless or other boss-mobs. There could be two such types...

Normal Ocean-Moonstone (random blue color)
    1 - drop ocean-moonstone into deep water
    2 - whirlpool forms on that dropped spot
    3 - captain must sail close enough to the whirlpool to activate it
    4 - entire ship, cargo, and all crew will be ported to the same spot in the other facet (Tram/Fel)
    5 - whirlpool will stay active for as long as a cast gate
    5 - other captains may use the whirlpool (with similar gump warning about use as a normal gate)

Specialty Ocean-Moonstone (special rare color)
    1 - drop specialty ocean-moonstone into deep water
    2 - whirlpool forms with gump asking the captain to choose the facet
    3 - only that one ship may cross

Or just combine it all to a single ocean-moonstone with the selection gump for a totally random bit of ocean in the selected facet. But I like the idea of having two different ones and they being drops from ocean mobs.

This could reuse the code for the serpent pillars with some additional code copied over from the gate-code. There might be some tweaking... but I think this is doable.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    While I'm all for this and mentioned it a while back in a separate thread, I'm hoping @Kyronix looks into ship travel speed first and foremost and then simply adds extra "pillars" for moving to and from other facets.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Kirthag said:
    I wouldn't mind some powerful moonstone like @ Amberwitch stated - I miss them greatly as well! An Ocean-Moonstone! That would be cool!! Would take an entire ship between facets via a magical whirlpool-gate! (nod to @ Lord_Nabin cos I love that idea too!). These can be uber-rare drops from ocean mobs or bosses... or even toss them into the general loot table for peerless or other boss-mobs. There could be two such types...

4 - entire ship, cargo, and all crew will be ported to the same spot in the other facet (Tram/Fel)
    5 - other captains may use the whirlpool (with similar gump warning about use as a normal gate)

Or just combine it all to a single ocean-moonstone with the selection gump for a totally random bit of ocean in the selected facet. But I like the idea of having two different ones and they being drops from ocean mobs.

This could reuse the code for the serpent pillars with some additional code copied over from the gate-code. There might be some tweaking... but I think this is doable.
    I like this idea, but don't care for the "can be an uber-rare drop" idea. Perhaps a new spell "Maelstrom" more so than an ocean moonstone ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Kirthag said:
    I wouldn't mind some powerful moonstone like @ Amberwitch stated - I miss them greatly as well! An Ocean-Moonstone! That would be cool!! Would take an entire ship between facets via a magical whirlpool-gate! (nod to @ Lord_Nabin cos I love that idea too!). These can be uber-rare drops from ocean mobs or bosses... or even toss them into the general loot table for peerless or other boss-mobs. There could be two such types...

I like this idea, but don't care for the "can be an uber-rare drop" idea. Perhaps a new spell "Maelstrom" more so than an ocean moonstone ?
    Hmm... interesting...
    So, we talking fleshing out a decent crew!

Captain
    Fisher
    Warrior or two
    Mage with high enough level for casting maelstrom
    Two or three powder monkeys

(of course, some would have multiple roles)

decent sized crew that!