Who broke UO.Com?

Been trying all day to access the web site

Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    This is like the 3rd weekend in a row. It'll be back when they go to work Monday.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,841
    *hides his magnet*

I’m sure I know nothing about that 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    It's hard to keep those old 486's running...
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    LOL. I was actually going to buy some sovereigns this weekend, to no avail. But now the desire has past. So I saved some $$$ and UO/BS/EA (whoever) lost out, AGAIN!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • It's hard to keep those old 486's running...
    Uriah you know dang well it's hosted on an old TRS-80 aka Trash 80 from RatShack er RadioShack!  :D
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Uriah you know dang well it's hosted on an old TRS-80 aka Trash 80 from RatShack er RadioShack!  :D
    When did they upgrade from the VIC-20
  • Bilbo said:
    When did they upgrade from the VIC-20

VIC-20?  When did they upgrade from the TI 99/4A?  :D
    Drop the A for a TI99/4 or we could go all the way back to the beginning with
    Apple I
    Release date: April 11, 1976
    CPUMOS 6502 @ 1 MHz
    Memory: 4 KB standard; expandable to 8 KB or 48 KB using expansion cards

• Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    I do remember my first "gaming computer" was 200 mhz with 3 one gig hard drives. Windows 95. Only cost like $2500 too! Before that I had a 75 mhz with a one gig hard drive. It ran UO btw when UO wasn't crashed lol

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
    edited May 2019
    The 486DX2 66 MHz processor was popular on home-oriented PCs during the early to mid 1990s, toward the end of the MS-DOS gaming era. It was often coupled with a VESA Local Bus video card.  With if I remember right had 1M memory with a 500M HD running a 56K dial-up.  All of this was top of the line in 93 LOL and I broke it out when I got online with UO just to see if I could run it, slow as hell but it did work, I took naps between every step.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Commodore 64 IBTL! >.<

That is the first computer I did any bit of runnable code - programmed a centipede game. :)

Anyhoo.... From what I gather, the entire root domain is "up in the cloud" running wordpress.
    Is not the "computer" is the stack.
    I had one of those when they first came out for get ready $699 and that was just the CPU and keyboard.