Is there a way to combine the charges on "same" Music Instruments ?

As we know, Music Instruments, for the most part, come with "charges"....

This includes also the Slayer ones.

In order to save up on space, I was wondering whether, of course on "same" Instruments, it was possible, somehow, to combine their charges thus making "one" Instrument but with more charges...

Anyone knows whether there is a way ?

Thanks.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Not currently
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
     :D 
    But I don't understand, why can't we.  IMHO I blah blah blah.  Sorry could not resist.
     <3 
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
  • ZamotZamot Posts: 55
    the instruments disappear when they break.  They weigh almost nothing.  Your back pack can hold 125 items.  Why would this even be a question?

And most if not all the ones I make have over 800 uses.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Flute of renewal. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Zamot said:
    the instruments disappear when they break.  They weigh almost nothing.  Your back pack can hold 125 items.  Why would this even be a question?

Perhaps, just perhaps, multiple Music Instruments with a small number of charges STILL count as multiple "items" whether in the bank Box or a Secure in one's own Home and, this, reducing the storage capacity for "other" items ?

Sure, they "could" be discarded or turned in for little (very little) Clean Up Points but then, if oneeds those instruments again, they would be gone because discarded or turned in for points....

Instead, if their charges could be combined, one would only need 1 instrument of that given type and then, as more are found, they could combine the charges and still have a Musical instrument only counting as 1 item, albeit, with more charges on it....

It would be a move towards stressing less players in regards to their storage capacity....
    Urge said:
    Flute of renewal. 
    Indeed, so why don't we just delete from the Spawning engine all other Musical Instruments and only permit to Flute of Renewals to spawn ?

If "other" Musical Instruments keep spawning, and they come with charges, the least that should be possible, at least to my opinion, is that "same" Musical Instruments' charges could be combined....

I would go as far as permit also "different" Musical Instruments to combine their charges....

So, Bards would pick the instrument of their choice for how it plooks and plays, and then add charges from other Musical Instruments to the one that they like making it longer lasting and not having to change instrument when its charges run out...
    edited May 2019
    You are the only one "stressed" about this and if your storage is so tight then maybe you need to throw away some stuff or buy instrument with more charges on them or better yet make your own and stop hoarding.  How many charges do you think a Bard needs, all my Bards carry 800+ charge instruments that are made by me.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    any love for Bards is good love...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    I just gotta ask...Do you even have a bard?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    jelinidas said:

He does something for 10 seconds and comes here to write his opinions on how that thing should be changed.  Then he moves on to the next thing.

I bet he not even know that when you kill the gargoyles on Trade Ships you lose Karma now.  That was his bad idea.  I liked to leave no witnesses.  Now they just starve to death.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited May 2019
    Pawain said:
    jelinidas said:

He does something for 10 seconds and comes here to write his opinions on how that thing should be changed.  Then he moves on to the next thing.

I bet he not even know that when you kill the gargoyles on Trade Ships you lose Karma now.  That was his bad idea.  I liked to leave no witnesses.  Now they just starve to death.
    I actually, for the record, do have a Bard.... and not from recent but from way years back when there were no Masteries and had to learn all Bardic skills the "hard" and painfull way....

All the way to 120.0 in Musicianship, Provocation, Peacemaking AND Discordance, that is....

Yes, I am doing various things since I got back in UO because I want to get accostumed to the various changes in all skills and content....
    Well play them as they are. As you see we have had enough changes over the years.  
    edited May 2019
    I am so STRESSED out that I have to carry 5 - 800 charged harps OMG plz let me combine them so I only have to carry 1-4000 charge harp.  Wait why am I carrying 5 harps when I have never used anywhere near 800 charges in one day, maybe I should just carry 2, dang that sure relieved some of my STRESS.  Goes to house, now why do I need 50 - 800 use harps sitting in my house when I could just throw away 40 of them and when needed log on my crafter and just make 10 more in what 3-4 weeks, WOW I just relieved more STRESS.  OMG I feel so much better now, you know that STRESS was just tearing me up inside that I almost shut down my accounts, sure glad it is gone now.  Back to playing STRESS FREE UO.
    edited May 2019
    I looked at my Archer bard since I'm using him for the Beacons. Gwenno's and Lolo's do 4 slayers.
    I carry a Natures tears for Cus.  I had someone make a bunch of infused Bamboo Flutes for general use with 700+ uses. Because I love the flute sound. I carry a dragon slayer also.

@popps you were asking about the clean up rewards.  Did you notice the slayer instruments there?  Or just complained about nothing being there without looking.

There are plenty of instruments that have a lot of uses.  I would rather have new stuff than than using the developers time to allow us to combine instruments that already have hundreds of uses.