Stealing from Exodus Zealots (Exodus Keys) is broken ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,945
edited April 2019 in General Discussions
I have been spending a considerable time trying to get the Keys stealing from Exodus Zealots but I only get gold, and a few times some gems (emeralds, tourmalines), no Exodus key whatsoever.

Character has 120 Stealing and 100 Snooping....

By the way, is Snooping required for better chances at a good steal or can one only use Stealing since the Exodus Zealots do not show a backpack and, therefore, it is not possible to "pick" the item to steal but only a "random" steal can be performed ?

Anyway.... is stealing from Exodus Zealots for the Exodus Keys broken ?

EDIT. After long, long trying I finally got an Altar key from stealing to a Zealot so, apparently, it is still working only, the success rate seems to be much lower as what I remember it used to be when stealing from Zealots years ago...

It is unfortunate, though, that, besides a very low rate of stealing any of the Exodus Keys, it looks like that "also" trying to steal any of the special items from the Exodus Zealots also seems very, very rare (I got none so far.... just gold, a few gems and this one Altar key....).

Regardless, does having Snooping make any difference in the success rate to steal an Exodus key at random from a Zealot ? Or having only stealing, no snooping, works just the same when it comes to stealing an Exodus key from an Exodus Zealot ?

By the way, does anyone know what is the minimum Lockpicking requirement to pick the locks of the hidden crates ?

Thanks !

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,079
    edited April 2019
    Why don't you just make a Diary thread and tell us what you do each day in that thread.

Sounds like you got a key.  Sometimes you have to do things many times to get results in UO.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/combat/pvm-player-versus-monster/stealing-in-exodus-dungeon/

http://www.uoguide.com/The_Exodus_Encounter

And you may need this one: 

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/combat/pvm-player-versus-monster/exodus-encounter/
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    As I said, I remember it (getting the keys from stealing them from Exodus Zealots) from several years back, as not being so much a rare occurrance as I am finding it to be now....

As in regards those links which you kindly provided, I had already re-read them to refresh my memory and they say nothing in regards to whether Snooping is "required" to steal from Exodus Zelots or even just "advisable to have" in order to increase the chance at stealing an Exodus key or a Special item from an Exodus Zealot....

Likewise, there is no mention whatsoever in those essays about the minimal Lockpicking requirement to pick the locks of the Hidden crates in the Exodus dungeon....

I hope that the Forums can be helpfull, precisely for this, to look for and find informations that is not found elsewhere...
    While searching for more info, I found this old post https://stratics.com/threads/yesterday-the-zealots-gave-me.288525/page-2#post-2217687 where it is mentioned...

"You need to have 100.0 Snooping to steal the ML resources, and you still target the actual Zealot, no need to snoop them (you can't)."

I could not find any "official" information about this, though, only this player's comment....

So, apparently, even though it is NOT possible to "snoop" an Exodus Zealot since they lack a backpack althougether, snooping is STILL necessary to have, and 100.0 of it, if one wants to have a chance at stealing Mondain's Legacy resources....

Too bad, though, that I DID have 100.0 snooping on the Template which today I did extensive stealing with, from the Exodus Zealots, and got no ML reasources at all, none....

Not sure whether something was changed in the code from that January 2013 Post that may have modified the actual drop rate for the Exodus Keys, the special items including ML resources etc. from the Exodus Zealots....

I still have not found any information in regards to what would be the minimal Lockpicking requirement to pick the locks of the Hidden crates in the Exodus Dungeon.... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,079
    popps said:

I still have not found any information in regards to what would be the minimal Lockpicking requirement to pick the locks of the Hidden crates in the Exodus Dungeon.... 
    Try them until you find out. Then let us know in your Diary thread.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    popps said:

Try them until you find out. Then let us know in your Diary thread.
    Well as I said

"Too bad, though, that I DID have 100.0 snooping on the Template which today I did extensive stealing with, from the Exodus Zealots, and got no ML reasources at all, none...."

I did test having 100.0 snooping and it did not help me in any way as I stole zero ML resources over many many stealing attempts, I will try that also with Lockpicking....

I find it strange though, that, considering that, as I understand it, the Exodus Encounter with its mechanics was released sometime in November 2012 with the Publish 79 release, in this, aheam, 6+ Years since then, it was never released officially nor assessed by any player what would be the requirements for stealing from the Exodus Zealots (i.e., whether having snooping matters in any capacity other then that comment which I found on that one post...) or what the minimal lockpicking requirements to pick the Locks on the Hidden Chests where set to be at ?

Go figure....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,347
    edited May 2019
    @popps your search skills need refining.  Searching for 'snooping +zealots' on Stratics gives this result:  You might especially like to check out the second one, which includes some of your own posts. 

Are Exodus Zealots broken?

Has anyone else been stealing from zealots lately?
    You might also try adding luck to your attempts, in the link Pawain posted it says:
    Hoping that her caress of the statue at home would bring her the luck it promised

@ popps your search skills need refining.  Searching for 'snooping +zealots' on Stratics gives this result:  You might especially like to check out the second one, which includes some of your own posts. 

Are Exodus Zealots broken?

Has anyone else been stealing from zealots lately?
    Thieves
    You might also try adding luck to your attempts, in the link Pawain posted it says:
    Hoping that her caress of the statue at home would bring her the luck it promised

@Petra_Fyde

Thanks for the kind help, appreciated.

I cannot understand why those links did not come out on my searches....

By the way, did you "also" find anything in reference to what would be the minimal "lockpicking skill" required to actually still be able to pick the locks of the Hidden Chests in the Exodus Dungeon?

Also, in reference to the Luck worn on the suit for better results, do you by any chance know (or have found out) whether it needs to be "as high as possible" or whether there is a sufficient amount beyond which it is irrelevant to go because the benefits obtained would not be comparable with the extraordinary effort done ?

I mean, one thing is to put together a 500 Luck suit, another is to put together a 1,500 Luck suit or 2,500+ Luck suit....

Of course, the higher the Luck the more difficult and expensive it is to put together such a suit and, this, usually comes at the expense of other modifiers also very important to have....

So, I would imagine, it is of the outmost importance to figure out what is that "Luck Line" which is not advisable to cross since the extra Luck, coming at the expense of other modifiers which would need to be sacrificed for it, would not bring that "much" bigger benefit...

What I am trying to say is, that if to receive a certain bonus 1,000 Luck on a suit is sufficient, why then force 2,500+ Luck on a suit which would of course come at the sacrifice of other, important modifiers, to then NOT receive a much significant higher bonus as compared to that 1,000 Luck suit but with other important modifiers, also ?

So, is it known for the Exodus content "how much" Luck is sufficient to get all of the special items that Luck would "trigger" ?

Also, other then from Luck affecting the stealing from the Exodus Zealots, do you happen to know whether is "also" affects the contents of the Hidden chests in the Exodus Dungeon ?

And, if so, what would be the "sufficient" Luck threshold to reach on one's own suit in order to still get the "good stuff" from those Hidden Chests ?

Thanks again for the kind help !
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,347
    Sorry, I don't play as 'technical' as you do. My thief was already GM lockpick when the zealots were added, my luck suit is 1180 and consists of crafted, reforged pieces, the Bleue set from clean up, leurocian's mempo and soles of providence, both of which I got myself. I usually get a fair assortment of items. Rest of the suit is resists, 100% lrc and 12 hpr.