Is anything from the Comunity Collections still usefull or are they all outdated by newer items ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,945
edited April 2019 in General Discussions
Is anything offered https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/npc-commercial-transactions/community-collections/community-rewards/ by the Comunity Collections https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/npc-commercial-transactions/community-collections/ still of any real use or have they all been outdated and become obsolete by the newer and more recent items that have been released over these Years ?

Comments

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    What is the point of this thread? Are you merely asking for opinions or do you have one to offer?
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Have you used any of them? What is your feeling on the things offered? have you sought out and found better items? *wonders* Any particular piece that appeals to you that you can or can't find a better replacement for?
  • Yes, the shields talismans and helms are still useful.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    He is just being @popps and sometimes I wounder if he isn't @Mervyn ;
  • Bilbo said:
    He is just being @ popps and sometimes I wounder if he isn't @ Mervyn 
    You said the M word, you know better than that. If it’s said in the same thread three times, he will be be unleashed on us all. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited April 2019
    LMAO  TYVM

beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice
    Image result for beetlejuice
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    I like to use the reading glasses for the 15 SDI..

Those tables in the wiki are quite a pain to read though..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • JollyJade said:
    I like to use the reading glasses for the 15 SDI..

Those tables in the wiki are quite a pain to read though..
    I see what you did there. 

• poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    Rorschach said:
    What is the point of this thread? Are you merely asking for opinions or do you have one to offer?
    Asking for opinions...
    Yes, the shields talismans and helms are still useful.
    You mean the Mace and Shield Reading GLASSES ?

What is this "Helm" that you mention ?
  • Yeah by helm I mean glasses.  I'm a crafter I think of everything in slots.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    The Birds of Britannia talisman is handy for tamers.
    Margrette said:
    The Birds of Britannia talisman is handy for tamers.
    I am surprised to hear that....

Considering how heavily I seem to understand that Tamers rely on Masteries, and that Masteries need "real" skill as much as possible to function better, a Talisman that only adds +5 Taming and +5 Animal lore seems to me pretty much a waste....

The Taming Mastery would not use those points and there is better Talismans out there to occupy that slot, it looks to me....
  • The taming mastery still works fine @115.  Good for newer players to get pets and stable slots sooner as well.  Skills are hard to stack up so every little bit can count.  Look how expensive marks of travesty can be.  I myself use bloodwood spirits on a couple suits.  Doesn't look great but fits well in the right setting.
    #1 Try playing the game before saying anything, go ck your stable slots with and without it and
    #2 Please tell us what is a better tally for a tamer old wise you.

Why do you ask questions then attack the person giving you an answer, you like asking question that it appears that you already have an answer to but you just what want to start something.  Even the MOD asked you why and guess what most of us all ready know what to expect when answering your questions.
    Bilbo said:
    #1 Try playing the game before saying anything, go ck your stable slots with and without it and
    #2 Please tell us what is a better tally for a tamer old wise you.

Why do you ask questions then attack the person giving you an answer, you like asking question that it appears that you already have an answer to but you just what want to start something.  Even the MOD asked you why and guess what most of us all ready know what to expect when answering your questions.
    Since when debating an argument is attacking someone ?

I just expressed my surprise at hearing that a given (old) item could still be considered usefull with all of the newer items and mechanics changed since that older item came out....

Ultima Online, that I know of, is an "itemized" game, that is, MUCH depending on items most of everything else....

And since, with Comunity Collections we are talking, for the most part, of items from an UO of quite many Years ago, I was expecting pretty much none of those items to any longer have any practical and usefull use, when compared to newer items and newer, changed mechanics...
    If you are going to debate, then lead with something. Tell us your plan or ideas or improvements. If you are trolling for arguments then this is not that forum.
  • Popps, not trying to be rude here, but the  way most of your posts go is you ask for an opinion or ask a question, then when someone answers you immediately tell them how they are wrong and then write a couple of paragraphs about your opinion on the matter.  why not cut out the middle man here and just tell us what you think about it and move on. 

edited April 2019
    Aint nothen changed from Stratics.  4 months and 73 discussions, that is almost 20 a month, do you even play UO or just think of topics to post and IN MY OPINION REMARKS.  If you want to know what everybody is wearing then just ask for help or better yet look at people in game and when someone gives you help just say TY instead of wanting a book written for you as to why.  If you haven't learned what you need to know after 73 discussions then maybe UO is not the game for you.  @Mariah and @Petra_Fyde have provided so outstanding information in the UO Wiki and I am sure that you could find all your Stratics posts to refresh your memory if need be and read all their guides.  IMHO it appears alls you want is for people to hold your hand, at some point you need to try for yourself.

I apologize to the UO community.  Finished lunch back to playing UO.
    Popps. I am going to lock this thread. I do not want it to turn into something it is not. Feel free to reopen this thread with your take on this issue and some positive and thoughtful suggestions. Thank you.  
This discussion has been closed.