After 20 years maybe it s time for an option for individual loot in a group

title say all... most people like to hunt in group but near the end on a boss everyone drop party to get personnal loot... so im wondering why devs not allowing us to choose an option to roll individual loot ive seen this in many others mmo people like this option.

ty

Comments

  • GidgeGidge Posts: 395
    I really like this idea! We can choose to let the party loot or not loot us, so why not choose to share or not share loot! :) I hunt in party sometimes and we just keep the same loot box and we deal with it, or one of us just yell, take it, but it would be nice to have the party bar (for CC, yeah I know EC has fancybars) and buffs all the way through the end of the fight.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,032
    edited April 2019
    In a MMO loot should be party based as in the bigger the party the better the loot and everybody gets an equal share.
  • Bilbo said:
    In a MMO loot should be party based as in the bigger the party the better the loot and everybody gets an equal share.
    The first half is already true here.  Loot is generated off of # of party members and luck... Just up to the party to figure out how to split it up 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,032
    Bilbo said:
    In a MMO loot should be party based as in the bigger the party the better the loot and everybody gets an equal share.
    The first half is already true here.  Loot is generated off of # of party members and luck... Just up to the party to figure out how to split it up 
    But if you drop party like the OP said doesn't that take away the party boost?
  • Bilbo said:
    Bilbo said:
    In a MMO loot should be party based as in the bigger the party the better the loot and everybody gets an equal share.
    The first half is already true here.  Loot is generated off of # of party members and luck... Just up to the party to figure out how to split it up 
    But if you drop party like the OP said doesn't that take away the party boost?
    Yep yep
  • @Bilbo

    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/loot-generation/

    About half way down under "how it works" confirmed by @Kyronix iirc
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 303
    Bilbo said:
    But if you drop party like the OP said doesn't that take away the party boost?
      Dropping party has no effect on the amount of items generated, that's based on how many players earn looting rights... (also based on the mob/boss)*   All dropping party does is allow each player to open different instances of the same corpse, so they're not seeing the same items.

    *Anything that was added as part of a 'Dungeon Revamp' does not generate any additional loot based on 'party size'.

     Once the corpse goes public all the remaining items that haven't been looted are combined into to the same corpse.  - the OP is asking for an option to stay in a party, but also keeping the loot split individually between the players with looting rights.  so players aren't competing to loot the best items the fastest.... cause a script will win most of the time.  -So many things always come down to cheating in this game.




     

    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,032
    CovenantX said:
    Bilbo said:
    But if you drop party like the OP said doesn't that take away the party boost?
      Dropping party has no effect on the amount of items generated, that's based on how many players earn looting rights... (also based on the mob/boss)*   All dropping party does is allow each player to open different instances of the same corpse, so they're not seeing the same items.

    *Anything that was added as part of a 'Dungeon Revamp' does not generate any additional loot based on 'party size'.

     Once the corpse goes public all the remaining items that haven't been looted are combined into to the same corpse.  - the OP is asking for an option to stay in a party, but also keeping the loot split individually between the players with looting rights.  so players aren't competing to loot the best items the fastest.... cause a script will win most of the time.  -So many things always come down to cheating in this game.




     

    So why did @WornOutYourTool ; say  Loot is generated off of # of party members and luck
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 101
    Iv'e tested also if you stay in a group of 2 exemple and kill Lady mel, without dropping party you get exemple 50 items in corpse . If you drop party individually , each player will get about 35 items. So something is definitly  weird about number of items generated and party/individual .
  • Might be worth asking devs again, but last I saw when it was brought up it was said that the generation of loot can go up to accomodate parties quantity and quality (luck dependant).  It's still rng so would have to run hundreds of tests.  Materials and odd items is a different matter, that's generated differently than armor/weps.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 303
    Well, as long as one player in party earns looting rights everyone in that players party can open & loot the corpse, But it doesn't mean everyone has earned looting rights... say for example a Bard running peacemaking songs, won't earn rights unless they either deal damage, take damage, or heal enough damage taken by pets/players.  So once the mob dies, anyone without individual looting rights can open & loot, until they've been removed from party... then they're no longer able to loot the corpse until it's open to public (~2mins after it's killed)

    luck can also play a role in how many items are generated... but it's unclear how it affects other party members loot since there's so much RNG involved some of this is difficult to test in short order..  

    in the link posted earlier it says the luck of the killer is used.

    Regardless if players are in party or not, assuming multiple players earn looting rights on the same target.  If the 'luck' adds a bonus to the quantity of items, does everyone that earned looting rights receive the same amount of items, or only the killer?
    if 'luck' adds a bonus to item quality, does it benefit everyone that earned rights, or only the killer?   There's a lot of RNG involved so it'll take a ton of testing to reach an accurate conclusion especially on the quality of loot.

    If the luck bonus to the quantity of loot only affects the killer's loot, that'll explain why a 2 player party wouldn't get the same amount of items.   because the killer (if luck procs) would have X% more loot than the other party member, where as it would splint evenly if the players weren't in party when the mob is killed.



    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 164
    CovenantX said:
    Bilbo said:
    But if you drop party like the OP said doesn't that take away the party boost?
      Dropping party has no effect on the amount of items generated, that's based on how many players earn looting rights... (also based on the mob/boss)*   All dropping party does is allow each player to open different instances of the same corpse, so they're not seeing the same items.

    *Anything that was added as part of a 'Dungeon Revamp' does not generate any additional loot based on 'party size'.

     Once the corpse goes public all the remaining items that haven't been looted are combined into to the same corpse.  - the OP is asking for an option to stay in a party, but also keeping the loot split individually between the players with looting rights.  so players aren't competing to loot the best items the fastest.... cause a script will win most of the time.  -So many things always come down to cheating in this game.




     

    This was actually very false. I am not sure  if it is still true or not. But at one point(when loot went global) you could fight a monster that normally had ~25 items on it with a party of 10, break party before it died, wait out the corpse to become global and there would be 80+ items on it. BUT the intensity of those items would drop drastically. Think of Balron to Earth elemental quality.  So players who were breaking party were getting more Loot, but getting shit on for the intensity during that time. 

    I think they "fixed" that issue at one point though. I haven't tested it in probably a year. 


  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 303
    edited April 2019
    King_Greg said:

    This was actually very false. I am not sure  if it is still true or not. But at one point(when loot went global) you could fight a monster that normally had ~25 items on it with a party of 10, break party before it died, wait out the corpse to become global and there would be 80+ items on it. BUT the intensity of those items would drop drastically. Think of Balron to Earth elemental quality.  So players who were breaking party were getting more Loot, but getting shit on for the intensity during that time. 

    I think they "fixed" that issue at one point though. I haven't tested it in probably a year.
       
        What part is false?

        if you drop party you get about +~100% more loot per player with looting rights... it would be the same if those same players earned looting rights without ever have been in a party.

       It hasn't changed, but the over-loading of corpses due to too many items being generated was mentioned in a newsletter, referring to player's client hanging/crashing when trying to open an EM Event boss' corpse.  unless it's specific to EM Event mobs, nothing has changed.

       

    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 164
    CovenantX said:
      Dropping party has no effect on the amount of items generated, that's based on how many players earn looting rights... (also based on the mob/boss)*  

    All dropping party does is allow each player to open different instances of the same corpse, so they're not seeing the same items.

    if you drop party you get about +~100% more loot per player with looting rights... it would be the same if those same players earned looting rights without ever have been in a party.

     
    Monster drops 25 items when killed Solo. 

    How many items do you think it drops in a party of 10 that Stays in party? Loot intensity?

    How many items do you think it drops total when they break party before it dies? Loot intensity?

    How many items do you think it would have total if they were never in a party? Loot Intensity?

  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 303
    edited May 2019
    King_Greg said:
    CovenantX said:
      Dropping party has no effect on the amount of items generated, that's based on how many players earn looting rights... (also based on the mob/boss)*  

    All dropping party does is allow each player to open different instances of the same corpse, so they're not seeing the same items.

    if you drop party you get about +~100% more loot per player with looting rights... it would be the same if those same players earned looting rights without ever have been in a party.

     
    Monster drops 25 items when killed Solo. 

    How many items do you think it drops in a party of 10 that Stays in party? Loot intensity?

    How many items do you think it drops total when they break party before it dies? Loot intensity?

    How many items do you think it would have total if they were never in a party? Loot Intensity?


      1)  in a party of 10, it depends on how many people earned rights, but if they stay in party it's completely based on whether or not luck procs on the Quantity of items.

      2) if all 10 players earn looting rights, it'll drop roughly 250 items once all loot instances are combined.   minimum & maximum item drop quantities do apply for each player, luck also plays a role in item quantity, but to lesser extent, this is why it's estimated. ~+100%/player with rights.  

      3) Depends on how many players earn rights.    the only thing that matters is that players are not in party when the mob is killed.     as far as the loot multiplier.    the intensity of the loot is so random it may be good for some and bad for others.  based on my experience it has been this way since this loot system went global,  but only with mobs/bosses that were not added with a Dungeon Revamp, I'm pretty sure all SA peerless' loot doesn't multiply based on 'party size' either.


     Intensity, doesn't seem to be based on how many players earn rights tbh.   that seems to be totally reliant on RNG, which is why most people only farm shadowguard or shadowlord for high-end loot, because those places consistently drop Legendaries, even if you don't wear a high luck suit.

    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 164
    CovenantX said:
    King_Greg said:
     
    Monster drops 25 items when killed Solo. 

    How many items do you think it drops in a party of 10 that Stays in party? Loot intensity?

    How many items do you think it drops total when they break party before it dies? Loot intensity?

    How many items do you think it would have total if they were never in a party? Loot Intensity?


      1)  in a party of 10, it depends on how many people earned rights, but if they stay in party it's completely based on whether or not luck procs on the Quantity of items.

    IF everyone earns rights. 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 303
    King_Greg said:
    CovenantX said:
    King_Greg said:
     
    Monster drops 25 items when killed Solo. 

    How many items do you think it drops in a party of 10 that Stays in party? Loot intensity?

    How many items do you think it drops total when they break party before it dies? Loot intensity?

    How many items do you think it would have total if they were never in a party? Loot Intensity?


      1)  in a party of 10, it depends on how many people earned rights, but if they stay in party it's completely based on whether or not luck procs on the Quantity of items.

    IF everyone earns rights. 
      if all 10 players are in party while the mob is killed it would drop ~25 + X bonus items added if luck procs for an item quantity increase.

     out of party it would be roughly 250 total items. assuming each one of those ten players earned looting rights.

    Based on my experience, item intensity (quality) is completely unaffected based on party size (players with rights). That being said, it's usually the most beneficial to be out of party so you have more chances of high-end items to be generated.  


    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
Sign In or Register to comment.