Castle/Keep placement question

Is it still possible to place with a tree/rock in the courtyard or are the foundations now solid? ie will a obstacle cause it to be improperly placed and not convertible to new designs? 

Comments

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    It is still possible to place, e.g., Keeps with trees in the unusable space (verified it myself a couple of days ago), but I doubt that this Keeps could be convertible...
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited April 2019
    you are not supposed to be able to place them with the rocks or trees in the indentation part any more...
    When they changed that, a fellow guild member had a keep that said it was improperly placed.
    He tried to resize it in the same spot & it would no longer go into the spot... Luckily he was allowed to build another in a different location, that he could convert.
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited April 2019

Yes you can still place castles with trees and rocks in the courtyard.  It will not be able to be  customized

Keeps can still be placed with trees and rocks inside the inaccessible areas inside the keep.  Again, it will not be able to be customized.  The indents on the sides and the rear can no longer have an impassable ground object within, however it WILL break the normal 1 tile rule and allow placement if the object is right next to the line.

The indent in the front can still have a tree or rock in it and in some cases it might even still be customized.  I placed one keep with a tree near the steps and was able to customize it.  The tree actually still sticks up through the steps.