Crew can move your ship

Ok why is it necessary for Crew to move the ship?  Firing cannons yes, moving my ship NO!  I had to remove crew status of one that was moving my ship without my permission, I made them a passenger.  I think they need to reset this to Officers and Captains only being able to move the ship
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• keelhauling the offender usually solves this issue.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    So when you go afk and a beacon spawns next to the ship, the crew can move it.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    maybe adjust it so the highest ranker can move the ship, or assign a helmsman (or woman) as the only person with ability to steer.... i think that can be added in, yes @Kyronix ?

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,739
    Pawain said:
    So when you go afk and a beacon spawns next to the ship, the crew can move it.

I have very trusted people I made officers/Capts, (Elders of the guild and family)  Besides I was not AFK, I had left the shard telling that one and only one person on mine ship that I was leaving and we could not hunt beacons anymore, last I heard was "I see one" and my words to that person "no we done recall off the ship".

This is what I found when I returned an hour later.  Took me 20 minutes to get to the nearest shore line due to damage and fighting the sea spawn.

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    I guess he wasn't as trusted as you thought.

You should have waited for him to recall away and set your ship to deny. Or just set the ship to Deny before you logged off.  This only cost you 20 mins and some wood cloth and ingots.  You are lucky the cannons were not destroyed.

I do not feel the menu needs changed for one player leaving his ship and leaving others on board without setting the ship to deny before they left.  Deny does change the Access list.

We have a guy who falls asleep and he will be on board while I'm ready to dock.  But I can not, so I set the the ship to deny because when he talks he has the ship commands on letters.  When I can tell he is writing a long sentence I take myself off the wheel and watch the ship move around.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    ahh, misplaced trust causes many a mutiny
  • Kirthag said:
    ahh, misplaced trust causes many a mutiny
    And kicked arses 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo