Upcoming changes to Treasure Hunting : Suggestions for a LUCK Treasure Hunters' suit ?

Considering the upcoming changes to Treasure Hunting, what would be a good suit to have for a Treasure Hunter ?

With what modifiers on ?

- Luck, of course, and I guess the more the better...
- 100% LRC for those invisos, summons etc. etc.

but what other modifiers would be considered a must ?

Also, considering that it would be advisable to always have the Protection spell on, I imagine that it would be preferable to have Physical Resistance be 85% (is it possible to push it so high with Reforging and Refinements ? How ?) to compensate the -15% reduction to Physical Resistance from the Protection Spell (-10% should one have also 100.0 Inscription on the Template...in such case, it would be enough to raise Physical Resistance "only" up to 80%)

- +35% Resisting Spells on items (+30% if one has 100.0 Inscription on the Template) to compensate, again, for the Resisting Spells debuff due to the use of the Protection Spell

Unfortunately, the -2 Faster Casting Speed debuff that comes from the use of the Protection Spell I understand is NOT possible to be compensated because, this Faster Casting modifier Debuff is applied after the cap takes effect, so, is my understanding, additional Faster Casting on items above the cap will not counteract the negative effect of this spell.

Is that so ?

What other modifiers would be a "must" have and could be made to fit on such a suit ?

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Can only boost with refinement to 75 each or select resistances, 80 energy for elf.  And yes the FC penalty from protection can't be compensated for as it lowers the cap.

Eaters if you expect damage, HP is always good same with str for max HP.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    Can only boost with refinement to 75 each or select resistances, 80 energy for elf.  And yes the FC penalty from protection can't be compensated for as it lowers the cap.

Eaters if you expect damage, HP is always good same with str for max HP.
    @WornOutYourTool

"Can only boost with refinement to 75 each or select resistances, 80 energy for elf."

Are you 100% that in no way it is possible to have Resistances over 75% ?

I am asking, because, I am not 100% sure, but I seem to recall reading players' Posts mentioning their Templates having like 80 or 85 in some resistances....

If there is a way to push a Resistance up there, I'd like to know how...
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    They don't actually have 80 or more resistance, they have whatever their cap is - but when they are affected by a spell which should reduce their resistance, the extra comes into play, maintaining the cap.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    They don't actually have 80 or more resistance, they have whatever their cap is - but when they are affected by a spell which should reduce their resistance, the extra comes into play, maintaining the cap.
    so it is possible to raise a resistance up to 85, even 90% ?

Sure, the CAP would still be 70, but when a debuff will hit, then, as you say, the "extra" resistance will come into play and bring that template resistances back up again to 70% compensating for the debuff ?

If this is the case, "how" then one can push resistances to 80, 85, 90% ?
  • popps said:
    so it is possible to raise a resistance up to 85, even 90% ?

Sure, the CAP would still be 70, but when a debuff will hit, then, as you say, the "extra" resistance will come into play and bring that template resistances back up again to 70% compensating for the debuff ?

If this is the case, "how" then one can push resistances to 80, 85, 90% ?
    I touched on this in the thread about maximizing resist.  

You CAN over cap to compensate for debuffs like say vampire forms -fire resist.  If it just lowers your resist you can do that by just adding more resistances to pieces to go over that cap and normalize your resists.

However, things like corpse skin that lower your maximum resist cannot be compensated for other than refining.  And even then that's only 5% of its -15%.