Why SALTPETER price to purchase from NPCs has been set so CHEAP ?

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,084
    I bought 500 sp from one NPC for 132g each, I then sold it back to the other NPC who was selling it at 170, and he only buys it back for 124. 
    Ill buy then for 270 GP up to 5M on LS. :)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    popps said:
    Considering how time consuming an activity it is, to mine for Saltpeter in the quantities needed to craft any decent amount of Charges and Fuse Cords, I find that the price set with NPCs to purchase it and, thus, save a whole bunch of time (and Mining skill/Luck suit necessary), is way too low.

For what it cost to buy it from NPCs, and compared to how much time one needs to invest in mining it, WHY BOTHER to mine it at all ?

I do not get it....

In order to have the 2 ways to get Saltpeter be balanced out with one another, eIther mining for Slatpeter should be much less time consuming OR the price for purchasing Saltpeter from NPCs should be a LOT higher.... I think....
    Oh wow. "Note to self" I need to go buy Saltpeter before the price goes up.I do too many Plunder Beacons. Hehe.
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    It's not rocket science to mine up saltpeter...  Petra has it right 30 minutes to 45 and you got 1k of it.  I will not buy it from an npc… when I can mine it easy
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I do a lot of other content in the game from house deco, spawns,crafting ,and resource gathering to name a few, so I don't always have time to mine saltpeter. Most of the stuff you get from attacking and killing Pirates there crew or from scuttling merchant ships, I have noticed that the amount of Powder charges per ship is lower than the other items for cannons in the ships hold. I have mined some saltpeter and also boought some as well so I can have a ready supply of ingredients to make Powder charges and Fuse cords. The reason I sometimes run low is because I do a lot of Plunder Becons which do not give supplies only trade cargo.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Popps said :
    With some 1,000 Luck, in about an hour of Dungeon Mining and at GM Miner using the +5 Mining gloves, "on average" one can mine about 500 Saltpeter.

I have no luck at all, it's 0, I get about 1000 saltpeter in an hour or so. Depends if anyone else has been around the area right before me, if it seems they have I come back later.