Best examples of a good spawn design

I am saying this because I feel the need to bring a case to the dev team because of the trend that we are seeing in the new mobs in the past patches.

SA Abyssal and Undead spawn still remain the BEST spawn, in my PVM opinion, in terms of reasonable toughness. Both spawns are reasonably "tough and fun" - Definition of "tough and fun"? Mix of mobs that have strong magic/melee abilities, and any player would not dare to storm in, though any experienced sampires would still be able to handle it given some time.

Now, the new Khaldun spawn was unfortunately a missed opportunity. Mobs have new abilities to slow down your swings, lower your defense, disarm you, dismount you, and insta life drain... The nature of these mechanism is more of "game play dis-continuity" and griefing, rather than being "tough but also fun".

The boss' area "raining" effect with dismount - I dont mind it, simply because players are giving chance to avoid it - and it looks neat.

Same thing with Krampus - disarm/dismount. Those abilities simply do not contribute to the "Tough but also Fun" factor.

And here comes the new T-Rex from the new T-map patch. They still have these Fear ability, and they are able to spam it as often as they want. You simply freeze and die and freeze and die. That is not tough nor fun in terms of mob design. Same thing with some EM bosses that use the Slasher template; some will even un-dress you constantly -- but that is a lesser issue now that we have insta dress in CC.

That being said, I hope the devs can re-think when they make new mobs and perhaps choose a difference overall approach.

Thanks

Comments

• Radst said:
    and any player would not dare to storm in, though any experienced sampires would still be able to handle it
    Is this your issue with these mechanics?