Just snagged a 18x18 lot on Great Lakes shard, 4 floors of goodness.

I managed to get 18x18 lot on the Great Lakes Shard. I actually found two but the other one was a higher mobile area that would not be friendly to my crafters. I also found a 17x16 lot that was a nice hunting area but went with the 18x18. So the laying down was like 100+ $K but that is just to lay down the lot. Right now its just a cube with floors and walls, then I got $sticker Shock. Laying down the lot and adding walls cost about $730K. I got a feeling I am going to put a lot of money into this house. Surprisingly there seems to be some nice lots on the Great Lake shards. Wanted something rally close to gate but my place is not that far from one.

Comments

• PenNPaperPenNPaper Posts: 97
    Hi how do you take a screen shop in game. I read prnt-screen but where does the picture store to?
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    When you hit "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, a snapshop of your entire desktop is in memory. Open Windows Paint, then "control-v" (paste) to get the picture there. Then, you can save the image as a .jpg.

To display your picture, you can upload it to a free image hosting service (imgur.com is good) then get the url of the image to display here in the forum. 
    :)

For more advanced image manipulation, you can download the open source GIMP (an image editing program similar to Photoshop).

Hope this helps.
    edited March 2018
    Kirthag said:
    When you hit "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, a snapshop of your entire desktop is in memory. Open Windows Paint, then "control-v" (paste) to get the picture there. Then, you can save the image as a .jpg.

To display your picture, you can upload it to a free image hosting service (imgur.com is good) then get the url of the image to display here in the forum. 
    :)

For more advanced image manipulation, you can download the open source GIMP (an image editing program similar to Photoshop).

Hope this helps.
      Thank you Kirthag, I have used Gimp for a couple decades, and also for the picture share.

Edit Noticed there is a drop thing on the forum?
    My Pad so far. Just a box with walls.

Thinking of making a ground floor small shop, currently thinking of a 9x9 shop or do you think I should make a smaller shop. I also think I can make a stall with some of the editing tiles but the pack animals supposedly will stay in it. 
    My first Mod of my house inspired by Kirthag's design.

I might have to rearrange the support pillars for the door and bump it one over.
     Front door all fixed up.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    In EC you don't need to paste the screen print into anywhere. The image is saved as file (screenshot_000.bmp) here: Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\Screen Shot

Spent a couple days designing the interior and came up with this so far.

Third floor with living quarters

First floor

second floor stairway. Will be a small library on this floor.

Spent a lot of time on the third floor design now have to lay out the first and second floors, any suggestions.

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Nice! Don't forget to put a milk saucer on the patio for the cat (?) that is observing your works near the entrance stairs... ;)
    I.
    Work on first and third floors so far. Second floor needs a lot of work. I am having a lot of problems with putting down chairs to go a certain direction and might rearrange the bar. Second floor will have a vault room and a small library when I figure out how to lay it out so it works.

:The fireplace idea came from a Ultima Online custom house google image search

Any design suggestions greatly appreciated.

Might be selling this house at the end of the month.

• ButcherButcher Posts: 28
    Very good progress from the cubic box, but why dirt floor tiles everywhere?
    Butcher said:
    Very good progress from the cubic box, but why dirt floor tiles everywhere?

Going to work on the floors later on trying to figure out how to make hardwood floors.
  • ColdrenColdren Posts: 12
    Nice snag, and nice design! Keep us in the loop!
    Parquet floors are awesome in UO! use some of the edge pieces in different ways. Kinda wish I could do this in my castles.
    Here's a design I'm tinkering with on TC for a friend.
    Is all Corner Pieces, just alternating placement.

oh, get yourself a deco tool at any the Architects (same place you got the house placement tool). it looks like a paint pallet with a brush, is called "interior decorator" costs about 10k gold. you use that to turn, raise and lower locked/secure items. 
    that should help you with your chair problem. 
    :wink: