Question: Numeric Keyboard

Why isn´t it possible to use the Numeric part of the Keyboard to setup makros in Classic Client?
Everytime I set them up, I loose them when relog.

I am using that keys for sailing with the ships.

In the past I did not care to much, cause I was only occassionly on a fishing or SOS bottles tour.
But now with that pirate hunting.. Its really annoying to set them up every time again.

I would really appreciate, if we can have that fixed.
Thank you.

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799

I have had no problems with macros that use the keyboard as their trigger.  For example <ctrl> 8 is "say forward" and <ctrl> 4 is "say left"

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    I'm not sure whether the number pad info on this old page is still relevant, but it may help to look at it? https://uo2.stratics.com/technical-information/macros2d-txt/#4
    TimSt said:

I have had no problems with macros that use the keyboard as their trigger.  For example <ctrl> 8 is "say forward" and <ctrl> 4 is "say left"

That should be keypad not keyboard.  I hate autocomplete.
  • edited April 2019
    @TimSt: I am not talking about the normal keyboard keys, those working fine.... - I mean that numeric block to the right... where the numbers are.

@Petra_Fyde: You are "AWESOME". - It´s working... why haven´t I talked to you before....

You are getting a free link to the hub on Siege for your house..!! (*rummages in the chests and grabbing a set of teleporter out).....

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,105
    My toon says the command but nothing happens.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited April 2019
    Not to turn the thread into a EvC but you should really give the EC a chance. You can fill your screen with macros that are all only a single click away. By the way I've got 6 sets of rechargeable telly tiles I'll sell ya :)
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • You own a non English os system. They store the return value in the os language in the macro file. That's sad. Instead of storing num values...
    @I_was_there_recently that is what I was also referring to.  I have my num-lock on by default in the computer's bios because I enter numbers faster using the numeric keypad then I do the number keys above the letters.  Is your num-lock on or off?  That might be affecting your macros.