Maritime Trade Cargo, City Loyalty and Trade Deals... is there any connection ?

I am trying to understand the utility of delivering any Maritime Trade Cargo to the Town it is meant to, rather then turning it in for Doubloons.

I understand that it raises the Treasury of the City and no monetary benefit goes to the character returning the Maritime Trade Cargo to the pertaining City but the character will raise the Loyalty to that City.

Now, having "more loyalty" with a given Town how exactly is going to benefit that character ?

Sure, that Town will have more gold in its Treasury and, thus, be able to finance Trade Deals which I understand cost 2mils per week per Trade Deal.

But what about the character making that donation of their Maritime Trade Cargo ?

What is going to be the beneficial side of doing that ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,459
    The loyalty doesn't benefit anything, other than letting your leave one city and join another one. 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,727
    A quick search would have answered this question.  https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/city-loyalty/

Make Google your homepage. Type whatever you want to learn about with UO at the end.

You can vote, buy titles, get city buffs, run for Governor, and buy banners at different levels.

I feel I have wasted this time because it seems you bounce all over the place and never actually do any of the things you ask about.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited April 2019
    If you use any of the town buffs, this is a great opportunity to help the city that you benefit from and earn a karma pixel cookie! Sure, most people are gonna donate most cargo to the Bucs Den fellow, but a few folks will enjoy the warm fuzzies. And the town governors will not have to worry about their city treasury for YEARS! Governors have been begging for help, and this event is definitely good for that.
  • poppspopps Posts: 4,007
    Tanager said:
    If you use any of the town buffs, this is a great opportunity to help the city that you benefit from and earn a karma pixel cookie! Sure, most people are gonna donate most cargo to the Bucs Den fellow, but a few folks will enjoy the warm fuzzies. And the town governors will not have to worry about their city treasury for YEARS! Governors have been begging for help, and this event is definitely good for that.
    I totally agree that this Event, FINALLY, is a blessing to Treasuries of the Sosaria's Towns though, I argue, I think that it would have been even further beneficial should have there been "more" benefits to those characters donating Martime Trade Cargo to their respective Towns other then a mere Loyalty raise...

As in regards to not worry about their City Treasury for "years", I will wait to be so optimistic... without a sound and effective benefit, the amount of characters donating for City Loyalty rather then for Doubloons I suspect will be quite marginal....
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,744
    Tanager said:
    does Siege get the same donations to their cities?
    I can't remember if I read that anywhere
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,744
    popps said:
    Tanager said:
    I totally agree that this Event, FINALLY, is a blessing to Treasuries of the Sosaria's Towns though, I argue, I think that it would have been even further beneficial should have there been "more" benefits to those characters donating Martime Trade Cargo to their respective Towns other then a mere Loyalty raise...

As in regards to not worry about their City Treasury for "years", I will wait to be so optimistic... without a sound and effective benefit, the amount of characters donating for City Loyalty rather then for Doubloons I suspect will be quite marginal....

I think that if you donate to a city, then that char should get a title "Maritime Trade Cargo Contributor or Benefactor" 

we can purchase titles for our city, but would be nice if the donations gave us a title to remember the event & as a thank you from the Minister of Trade

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    popps said:
    Tanager said:

I think that if you donate to a city, then that char should get a title "Maritime Trade Cargo Contributor or Benefactor" 

we can purchase titles for our city, but would be nice if the donations gave us a title to remember the event & as a thank you from the Minister of Trade

Nice Idea.I am not too into titles,but I am sure others would find it useful. 
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    popps said:
    I am trying to understand the utility of delivering any Maritime Trade Cargo to the Town it is meant to, rather then turning it in for Doubloons.

I understand that it raises the Treasury of the City and no monetary benefit goes to the character returning the Maritime Trade Cargo to the pertaining City but the character will raise the Loyalty to that City.

Now, having "more loyalty" with a given Town how exactly is going to benefit that character ?

Sure, that Town will have more gold in its Treasury and, thus, be able to finance Trade Deals which I understand cost 2mils per week per Trade Deal.

But what about the character making that donation of their Maritime Trade Cargo ?

What is going to be the beneficial side of doing that ?

Thanks.

You get to say you stuck it to Captain Hook!