The Blundercannon

@Kyronix
Will this new cannon do more damage on Orc ships the way regular cannons do ? 
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    All cannons, regardless of size, do the same base damage.  The only damage mod is what you get from the Orc Ship.  This applies to the blundercannon as well.  Any new ship cannons are purely cosmetic options, because who doesn't wanna pimp their ship?  Plus it's easier to balance that way!
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Oh, so damage will still be the same ? Because it's advertised as the most formidable cannon....assuming it's more powerful, if it's just cosmetic, cool..thank you.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,946
    edited March 2019
    Kyronix said:
    All cannons, regardless of size, do the same base damage.  The only damage mod is what you get from the Orc Ship.  This applies to the blundercannon as well.  Any new ship cannons are purely cosmetic options, because who doesn't wanna pimp their ship?  Plus it's easier to balance that way!

Will we ever get the chance to craft the flame and frost cannonballs ?

Receiving only 1 as a Reward for apprehending a Drea Pirate Captain is too little to make their use effective or significative in Ship combat....

It is easy to burn like 15 if not 20 cannonballs in 1 single combat and wanting to use flame/frost cannonballs simply makes it not effective.... collecting these many of them through the capture alive of Dread Pirates' Captains takes simply ay too much time to then shoot them...

So, they basically sit in one's own secures, unused.... a wasted reward, to my viewing....

Furthermore, since there is a difference in the type and amount of damage which the regular and the grapeshot ammunitions do, can we also assume that the flame and frost cannonballs also do a different type and amount of damage ?

Their description only states, generically, that they respectively do fire and cold "area" damage but does not get into details in terms of how it affects the characters on a Ship...

Can we please let to know exactly what type of a different damage and how many points do these different cannonballs do ?

For example, "how effective" are fire and frost cannonballs to actually kill the Orcs on the side Ships of a Plunderbeacon ?

"IF" you made these particular and scarce rewards for apprehending a Dread Pirate Captain to be damn effective to KILL the 8 Orcs manning the 2 side Ships of a Plunderbeacon (but only a small number of these special cannonballs should be needed for the task as they are VERY time consuming to get...), then it would nicely link the content related to capturing Dread Pirates alive with fighting a PlunderBeacon...

I'd say, though, that no more then 1 or 2 of these special cannonballs should be needed to kill ALL 4 Orcs on 1 of the side Ships....

Perhaps you could make it as 3 of them special cannonballs as needed.... that is, 1 shot would reduce health of the 4 Orcs on the side Ship on which they are stationed that was shot at, say 60% AND, in addition to that, ALSO damage the 4 Orcs on the Ship to the other side, say 30%. A second shot with one of these special cannonballs would then kill the 4 Orcs on the side Ship on which they are stationed which was "directly" shot at, PLUS do a further 30% damage to the 4 Orcs on the other side Ship.

At that point, firing a 3rd shot with one of these special cannonballs, would kill all Orcs on that other side Ship thus opening up the way to shoot at the Plunder Beacon....

And it would take 3 shots with flame/frost cannonballs to get rid of all 8 Orcs....

Of course, the fire/cold "area" damage done by these special cannonballs should absolutely prevent the Orcs from self healing them back or it would be pointless to use these special area damage cannonballs in the first place or would take too many of them to be used to make them effective, given how a scarce reward they are for apprehending a Dread Pirate alive.....

It is sufficiently time consuming, I think, to apprehend 3 Dread Captains alive in order to get 3 of these special cannonballs and making it necessary to fire more, to kill the Orcs to the sides of the Plunder Beacon, would make it way too time intensive, I think...... anyways.... think about it.........

Thanks.
    Of course, there is always the other alternative where you increase the number of these special cannonballs offered by the Officer as a reward for capturing a Dread Pirate at which point, if it was easier for you to make it so that X of the fire/frost cannonballs would kill the 4 Orcs on each of the side Ships of a Plunder Beacon you could balance their number needed to be shot per Pulnder beacon to get rid of all of the 8 Orcs with the number of fire/frost cannonballs which you'd make the Officer give in reward to apprehending a dread Pirate....

Say that you want 2 or 3 Dread Pirates' captures to award the X numbr of fire/frost cannonballs needed to kill the 8 Orcs on both ships on the sides of a Punder Beacon, you make each reward for capturing a Dread Pirate award X fire or frost cannonballs, accordingly.....
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    Is there an answer that won’t result in any more additional questions? 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Popps, please...

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,095
    Players waste fuses to kill orcs?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    I don't use cannons on the orcs or the lighthouse, just on ships.  
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Pawain said:
    Players waste fuses to kill orcs?
    I have to, all of my characters are too weak to kill the orcs any other way. <span>:wink:</span>
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    That is a lot of supplies to kill orcs. Don't you have a tamer or mystic?

Arron said:

What could a Mystic or a Tamer do in particular, if I may ask, to fight Orcs on a Plunder Beacon ?
    If you're not using RCs to kill the orcs, you're doing it the hard way.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,095
    edited March 2019
    popps said:
    Arron said:

What could a Mystic or a Tamer do in particular, if I may ask, to fight Orcs on a Plunder Beacon ?

Magery spells kill them.  Bows kill them faster.  Summons can kill them.  Mysticism has spells.

But if you have that many fuses, go ahead.  We went through >130 cannon shots last night on beacons and 4 ships when there were no beacons in the area.

Edit : Didnt you say you are a thrower?  I think the answers were correct. Your build is not right.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    popps said:
    Arron said:

The pets can target the orcs on the Blunder cannon, just park your ship on the right spot and tell your pet to kill and target the one you want to kill each in turn. Reposition as needed to reach all orcs. When you have killed them all target the Blunder cannon. (Lighthouse). I think a combo which includes a tamer is best because they usually target the pet which leaves the other character free to attack without too much damage.