A makeover on the tillerman (Pilot) is needed

I love to see a proper weapon in the hand, like a cutlass, not a hammer, a decent outfit with a Tri hat and a Parrot, surely something can be added to do this someday?
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,736
    And let us rename them!
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Do you often ride around looking at your pilots paperdoll ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,736
    Do you often ride around looking at your pilots paperdoll ?
    nope but it would be cool
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • I may be wrong but I believe there is more pressing business to take care of...
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,345
    I don't see how renaming would be possible. Every time you dry dock your ship and then launch it again a new pilot is generated.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    I would assume the name would be remembered like the name of the ship and contents of cannons are.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,074
    Mine would be naked and named NOOB.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    Mine would be drunk and singing a shanty while driving in circles. All the while named pancakes. 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 777
    Pawain said:
    Mine would be naked and named NOOB.
    LOL! I think you just explained to me why I can't play paper dolls with the tillerman! Too funny.
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    The ability to customize the tillerperson would be a nice addition to the HS ships. It'd be nice to make them a little more sailory. 

There could be a lot of convenience upgrades that could be added to a ship which could be earned various ways that wouldn't necessitate new ship art.
    • Upgrade the tillerperson to be able to resurrect a number of times per day.
    • "Fast travel" ability to predetermined locations via whirlpool or manipulation of serpent pillar magics.
    • Faster movement rate.
    • Longer refresh periods.
    • Ship titles (Privateer, Merchant, etc.)
    • Dark ship paints (non-neon, non-pastel)
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,684
    The ability to customize the tillerperson would be a nice addition to the HS ships. It'd be nice to make them a little more sailory. 

There could be a lot of convenience upgrades that could be added to a ship which could be earned various ways that wouldn't necessitate new ship art.
    • "Fast travel" ability to predetermined locations via whirlpool or manipulation of serpent pillar magics.
    • Faster movement rate.
    would love black paint
  • The ability to customize the tillerperson would be a nice addition to the HS ships. It'd be nice to make them a little more sailory. 

• Faster movement rate.
    would love black paint
    If you paint a ship with enough of the grey paints, it turns black. I think it’s 5 or six paints to get black. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Hrm, didn't know that. I was kind of hoping for new ship paints but multiple layers sounds like by design....

@Kyronix ; can you confirm ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,978Moderator
    Hrm, didn't know that. I was kind of hoping for new ship paints but multiple layers sounds like by design....

@ Kyronix  can you confirm ?
    From the ship's guide:

Customizing

Having named your ship, you may also decide to give it a coat of paint, or two, or even three. Boat paint is bought from a boat painter, found on Sea Market. Each tub of paint will cover the boat once, subsequent tubs will deepen the color, up to a maximum of three. The grey paint being the exception. Five coats of this can be applied, giving an almost black boat. The boat painter also sells paint remover if you are unhappy with the results. Sea air is harsh and causes paint to fade (by one shade). You will need to re-apply every 2 weeks to maintain your ship’s chosen color. To apply the paint double click the paint tub and target the main mast.