Lighthouse on Beacon fails to make black smoke after all 8 guardians are dead

DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,739
Message we kept getting the lighthouse cannot be harmed.  Tonight a archer/mage/spell weaver and a tamer/mage sought action against the beacons.  After several close calls with pirate orc ships we finally manage to move into a good position to fight the guardians, and after taking out all eight of them we waiting for the black smoke, but alas there was no smoke and any attacks cannot harm the lighthouse.  Yes Both there sent a help request in but after waiting 25 min's decide to call its quits tonight.  Good Night.
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    So presumably the beacon is still there? Can you provide the shard, facet, and latitude/longitude?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,739
    edited March 2019
    Sonoma, Tok.  I will have to log in to get the Coors, is there a timer to how long they remain before spawning new locations?  I can tell you we left the Zento dock going due south crossing the server line and at the tail hook of the long island there we were on the west side of the southern tip of that island.  Here a picture from last night

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 230
    We had this happen 2 days ago. 2 Plunderbeacons spawned right next to each other (a little more than a ship's width gap between them). We cleared the first beacon of crew and the lighthouse did not go vulnerable.

We moved on to beacon 2, clearing the first side (closest to the other beacon), and once we did, the lighthouse on the beacon 1 suddenly went vulnerable and we destroyed it. We then moved back to beacon 2, cleared the other side of crew, and it correctly went vulnerable as well.

So it would appear that, at least in my case, the spawning of 2 beacons near each other incorrectly tagged the orcish crew as guardians for the other beacon. (Something similar can happen at Blackthorn captains, sometimes killing 1 group of Guardians will make several captains vulnerable).

Was there another beacon close by that you remember?
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,739
    edited March 2019
    Yes very close by just to the east with three orc pirate ships also so did not even try for it as we took damage from one pirate while moving thru the area.

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    @Kyronix thought the beacons still firing once the crew was dead and they were close to land was fixed?

I have had two today that are close to land with dead crew still firing on my boat.  Time is Fri 29th 6.41pm aest.  Whatever was supposed to be fixed isn't. 

FYI.

Cheers.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    The issue related to getting the mythical crate drop was resolved.  The firing issue is still eluding us, so we are still collecting info and investigating.  
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    I just killed another beacon close to land that kept firing on me with 3 chars taking it in turns to fire the cannon, and NONE of the chars got a mythic crate.  So it appears that problem is not fixed either.  

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,087
    edited March 2019
    Gonna be tough to fix.  We had some close ones like this and they all have worked.  We killed them for 6 hours tonight and everybody got cargo each time.  Had to go ashore to kill the orcs.

Lots O fun!   I didnt know the white cloth dye tub pops in your backpack from this.

Maybe it is certain shores.  I have only been doing it in this area since the fix.  Zento Docks to Beetlescape area.
    temp.png 596.1K
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    I just had this happen on Cats. Was doing one beacon and a second spawned not even a ship length away to the SE. First beacon remained invulnerable until the crew on the north side of the second beacon was killed.