(EM Fiction)A Buc's Den Mission

EM EchoEM Echo Posts: 165Event Moderator
Taryn turned her face up to the sun and laughed at the observation by Joanna that she had begun to think the sun had taken a holiday and forgotten to return. 

"Pardon me," Taryn said politely as she was jostled by a small, stooped man who's hat was pulled down low over his face. She started slightly when she felt him slip a note into her hand before moving quickly into the crowds and disappearing.

Taryn put her arm through Joanna's and turned to look for a quiet spot to read the missive. Slipping in beside a stall displaying all manner of brightly colored cloth, Joanna pretended to examine the offerings closely while shielding Taryn from passersby.

Taryn looked around to confirm no one was watching her and opened the note. She frowned as she worked to decipher the barely legible, smudged writing.

"Miss Sullivan, I'm told you are a close follower of the virtues and a friend to many. I know you tried to save that silly boy Jared Culpepper when he stole the power source for the tinker's clock and set off the contamination so I believe you are no stranger to Buc's Den. I could use a bit of help meself getting out of Buc's. If you can assist, I would be most grateful. I will be waiting behind the pirate's den two nights from now. Your assistance would be most appreciated. I suggest you bring friends."

The signature on the note was almost unreadable but appeared to be signed "Budo".

Taryn slipped the note into her pocket and stepped close to Joanna sighing, "It appears our market day will be cut short."
---------------------------------------
Join Taryn Sullivan on Thursday, March 28th at 8 pm Eastern at Yew Abbey. Gates will be provided from Luna 15 to 20 minutes prior.