It needs to be said

In regards to the new hotfix.  I can not take credit for the following post which was posted on another site but it does sort of hit the nail on the head:

Did this hotfix...

"Resolved issue where crewless Plunderbeacons continued to fire while unmanned ?
Resolved issue where the Parrot was taking up a valuable equipment slot ?
Resolved issue where the tracking function was still unreliable ?
Resolved issue where Dread Pirate corpses were disappearing after dying ?
Resolved issue where too much sea spawn was preventing ship movement ?
Resolved issue where Plunderbeacon crew member corpses could not be looted because they now block ship movement which other corpses never did prior to this publish ?
Resolved issue where many graphicsglitches (EC) are still game breaking ?"

Nope fixing bamboo tiles that angers a significant part of the playerbase takes precident.  

While in the most part I strongly support our dev team I do find some of their actions odd.

Comments

• Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited March 2019
    I'm not defending NOT fixing those issues but obviously the two issues resolved were quick and easy and relevant enough to hot-fix immediately.

There's almost always a series of hot-fixes after a publish to finish it.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    I'm not experiencing ANY of those issues. so maybe they did..

as for "Resolved issue where the Parrot was taking up a valuable equipment slot ?"
    I don't think that is a bug at all, it's a deco piece just for when you're role playing. And taking up a robe slot is hardly a big deal, i say robe, some may say epaulette - shoulder- parrot - shoulder - Beuller? 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Mervyn said:
    I'm not experiencing ANY of those issues. so maybe they did..

as for "Resolved issue where the Parrot was taking up a valuable equipment slot ?"
    I don't think that is a bug at all, it's a deco piece just for when you're role playing. And taking up a robe slot is hardly a big deal, i say robe, some may say epaulette - shoulder- parrot - shoulder - Beuller? 

Except for the fact that while Role playing , I now have to take off my We Are Pirates robe, so I can put my parrot on. But I feel ya..
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Next they'll add an eye patch which takes up the pirate hat slot.  LOL.
  • If you play the EC, you can select a face with an eye patch on your character, not sure if its visible to players who play the CC.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,798
    Sounds like you need "We are Pirates" shirt or the parrot needs to switch to the shirt slot if possible.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    LOL yu would think anyone that actually played the game would know not to take up an equipment slot with fluff...

Maybe they will switch it to earring slot

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    If you play the EC, you can select a face with an eye patch on your character, not sure if its visible to players who play the CC.
    CC players cant see that...
    nor the vampire look
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    I wish they would make an eye patch & glasses use the earrings slot (for humans & elves)
    Mrs Claus can't wear a Krampus hat, cause she needs her glasses to read her recipes...
    and I would love to have an eye patch to use with the pirates hat
  • Thing is pirates need eye patches, pirate hats and dangly earrings.  AND a parrot.  Hehe.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Issue with earrings is, currently they only come as pairs, has anyone tried using scissors on them? :P
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 786
    I wish they would make an eye patch & glasses use the earrings slot (for humans & elves)
    Mrs Claus can't wear a Krampus hat, cause she needs her glasses to read her recipes...
    and I would love to have an eye patch to use with the pirates hat
    If it can be made to look well, I'm hoping eye patches might come along too. Yep! I'd for sure rather it didn't take up the head slot. I'd like to be able to wear a bandana or hat at the same time. Earrings slot? Maybe. But then it won't really do much other than be for looks. Neck would be even better. 

It would be nice to not always have to wear a gorget. I've never really understood why more hasn't been done with gear for the neck. Necklaces that offer similar attributes to gorgets would be awesome.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Drkraven said:
    Nope fixing bamboo tiles that angers a significant part of the playerbase takes precident.
    So the FEW people on here whining about it is a significant part of the player base.  We must have a lot less players then we all thought.  TYVM EA/BS/DAoC/UO for keeping our game going with so few players.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I would like a new style of hat, similar to Barbossas...great big gnarly pirate hat.

You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.