RISING TIDE : what is the difference (if any), of doing it in Felucca vs. in Trammel ?

Aside from the PvP aspects of Felucca whereas players' Ships are able to attack fellow players' Ships, is there any real, significative difference of fighting NPCs' Ships, whether Pirates, Merchants or Orcs in PlunderBeacons in Felucca versus doing it in Trammel ?

And, if there is any difference, what is it ?

Thanks !

Comments

• i have not seen a difference yet. the same amount of boxes spawn in the holds/chests.  i get the same number of chests from the plunder-beacon (1 mythic)  the only thing it might affect, would be the frequency of pack drop boxes from killing mobs.  not sure if it affects that or not, not even sure how you would be able to tell unless they told us it was influenced by luck.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    popps said:
    Aside from the PvP aspects of Felucca whereas players' Ships are able to attack fellow players' Ships, is there any real, significative difference of fighting NPCs' Ships, whether Pirates, Merchants or Orcs in PlunderBeacons in Felucca versus doing it in Trammel ?

And, if there is any difference, what is it ?

Thanks !

Less traffic maybe?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    I read some dude killed tons of sea sepeants and didn't get any loot, first one we killed in fel i got a legend...ary, then was like 1 in 8 in fel dropped some sort of cargo. Fortunately for others, we've yet to encounter another ship.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,346
    Mervyn said:
    I read some dude killed tons of sea sepeants and didn't get any loot, first one we killed in fel i got a legend...ary, then was like 1 in 8 in fel dropped some sort of cargo. Fortunately for others, we've yet to encounter another ship.
    I believe that was a misunderstanding. Sea serpents raised from the depths by fishing are not part of the event, and therefore do not drop cargo. Only the surface spawn guarding the beacons are valid kills for these drops.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited March 2019
    Mervyn said:
    Fortunately for others, we've yet to encounter another ship.

*Readies the Fleet...*

Truthfully, we have not got into this game content yet, not sure if we will. There does not seem to be anything there for us as a guild or as individuals. No PvP content, no top end items to be used in PvP. Of course though, the whole content itself looks great, it's another great playstyle addition for players. On the plus side for us, whereas we've been quiet for a year, we are getting properly active again, fielding good numbers across Atlantic and Europa, we are trying to make an effort to come back to Europa more.

Having said that, I do expect us to do the content at some point, just to try it out, we have a lot players who just like to do stuff, and I'm pretty sure we would do it in Felucca.

edited March 2019
    I do wonder if ship access settings are void in Felucca, I do know you can blow someone else's ship up and sink it. (and by sink I mean skuttle before someone thinks they will lose their ship!)
  • Gidge said:
    I do wonder if ship access settings are void in Felucca, I do know you can blow someone else's ship up and sink it. (and by sink I mean skuttle before someone thinks they will lose their ship!)
    you have to scuttle the ship, then you can board a private ship and steal the contents of the hold. 

Gidge said:
    you have to scuttle the ship, then you can board a private ship and steal the contents of the hold. 

Thank you!
  • Gidge said:
    Awesome!  Imagine if we had to defend our houses too.  Could be fun.
    edited March 2019
    Gidge said:
    Awesome!  Imagine if we had to defend our houses too.  Could be fun.
    That would be a cool form of pvp, to do something like ESO style though. Build little towers and the destroy them take over the countryside! Though I would love to shoot arrows through an embrasure at people passing by!
    edited March 2019
    Cookie said:
    Mervyn said:

*Readies the Fleet...*

Truthfully, we have not got into this game content yet, not sure if we will. There does not seem to be anything there for us as a guild or as individuals. No PvP content, no top end items to be used in PvP. Of course though, the whole content itself looks great, it's another great playstyle addition for players. On the plus side for us, whereas we've been quiet for a year, we are getting properly active again, fielding good numbers across Atlantic and Europa, we are trying to make an effort to come back to Europa more.

Having said that, I do expect us to do the content at some point, just to try it out, we have a lot players who just like to do stuff, and I'm pretty sure we would do it in Felucca.

I think watch this space.

At the moment there are 3 deco rewards and they'll soon add more. They should probably only let mythical cargo be gotten in fel. It's quite unlikely to bump into another ship especially when I've been told ship tracking doesn't work vs player owned ships.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Mervyn said:
    Cookie said:
    Mervyn said:

*Readies the Fleet...*

I think watch this space.

At the moment there are 3 deco rewards and they'll soon add more. They should probably only let mythical cargo be gotten in fel. It's quite unlikely to bump into another ship especially when I've been told ship tracking doesn't work vs player owned ships.

• Tracking finds player ships better than it finds NPC Ships in my experience. 

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,981Moderator
    Tracking finds all ships within the range - at Highseas first launch it even found drydocked ships in player's houses, but I think that was fixed.
    I can’t see ANY advantage doing it in fel, there are less pirate ships and when you wanna log off, you need to unpack your ship as not safe to moor it anywhere. 

This is quite bad.