Rising Tide : Did I understand it wrongly that Sea Monsters would have had Maritime Trade Cargo ?

While fishing, I have been bugged and had to kill tons of Sea Serpents of any kind.

I understood that since the Rising Tide publish, they would have had Maritime Trade Cargo in their loot.

Did I understand it as wrong ?

I killed TONS of them and have yet to get 1......

Comments

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    I got a few of the maritime trade cargo from water elementals while at sea on Origin last week.  Have not yet gotten any on Sonoma this week.  Have not gotten any of the cargo from sea serpents or krakens on either shard.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    popps said:
    While fishing, I have been bugged and had to kill tons of Sea Serpents of any kind.

I understood that since the Rising Tide publish, they would have had Maritime Trade Cargo in their loot.

It's not in their "loot", it's a drop in your backpack when you kill them. 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    edited March 2019
    KHAN said:
    Yeah, you definitely know when you have one in your backpack.  They're hard to miss.

• To my understanding, it is the ones that spawn around the plunder beacon, i am not sure the ones you fish up will have them in their loot table. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• poppspopps Posts: 3,946
    KHAN said:
    popps said:

Well, I have been killing TONS during fishing and no drop so far....

And when I say tons, I mean like 30-50+ since Rising Tide was published... all Sea Serpents though...
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 230
    popps said:
    KHAN said:
    popps said:

And when I say tons, I mean like 30-50+ since Rising Tide was published... all Sea Serpents though...

I can confirm you get them from Sea Serpents, Deep Sea Serpents, Water Elementals, and Kraken that are already spawned on the water, as I have received lots from these while fighting pirates and beacons, even if a beacon wasn't nearby. However, as @Victim_Of_Siege pointed out, it's possible the ones fished up do not have the same loot table. 
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

To my understanding, it is the ones that spawn around the plunder beacon, i am not sure the ones you fish up will have them in their loot table. 
    That matches what I've seen so far, i.e., they come from spawn near the plunder beacons.
    Khyro said:
    popps said:
    KHAN said:
    popps said:

I can confirm you get them from Sea Serpents, Deep Sea Serpents, Water Elementals, and Kraken that are already spawned on the water, as I have received lots from these while fighting pirates and beacons, even if a beacon wasn't nearby. However, as @ Victim_Of_Siege pointed out, it's possible the ones fished up do not have the same loot table. 
    I suspect that, if you have gotten yours killing Sea Monsters that spawned while fighing Pirates and Merchants, while I have been killing those spawning when fishing, that those spawning when fishing do NOT have the same loot table as those that spawn when fighting Merchand and Pirate Ships.

Otherwise, I would not understand why you got Maritime Trade Cargo drops and I got none.
    To my understanding, it is the ones that spawn around the plunder beacon, i am not sure the ones you fish up will have them in their loot table. 
    My experience, so far, tells that you might be right.

It should not be like that, though.

ALL Sea Monsters spawning should get them as drop, whether near the Plunder beacons or when fishing.....
  • popps said:

ALL Sea Monsters spawning should get them as drop, whether near the Plunder beacons or when fishing.....
    If you feel this is wrong or in error, then submit a bug report and also suggest to Kyronix to add the maritime chests to the fished up sea monster loot table. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

popps said:

If you feel this is wrong or in error, then submit a bug report and also suggest to Kyronix to add the maritime chests to the fished up sea monster loot table. 
    @Kyronix , could we please get a comment on this issue ?

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    The cargo is available from creatures on/near the plunderbeacons, the plunderbeacon lighthouse, merchant ships/pirate ships and their crew.
    Kyronix said:
    The cargo is available from creatures on/near the plunderbeacons, the plunderbeacon lighthouse, merchant ships/pirate ships and their crew.
    Thank you very much for the clarification.

It would be nice, though, if also those Serpents pulled off from fishing could get the Maritime Trade Cargo....

Could you please consider such an addition ?