Massive Niter Deposits showing up as clumsy deposits

DrkravenDrkraven Posts: 10
@kyronix As the title state.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    True Still happening. <span>:smiley:</span>  funny tho.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited March 2019
    They may say "clumsy" but you will see that some take a lot longer to go to the next lvl than others.  And I also think the gigantic ones are too.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,975Moderator
    This is merely a difference in the name, all sizes of deposit cycle through as expected.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Bilbo said:
    They may say "clumsy" but you will see that some take a lot longer to go to the next lvl than others.  And I also think the gigantic ones are too.

I tried to find the original post information, but when you are mining salt peter, there are a set number of swings for each one. The first one you pop can be in a range of swings. each swing nets you 1 2 3 4 or 0 piles of saltpeter from it. So there is a max and a minimum.

regarding the word clumsy....
    The clumsy is the round one. I always though of it as a joke to the seven dwarves mining. :D or maybe we need to be on the lookout for smurfs?
    edited March 2019
    @Gidge I have been mining a long time and I have had Clumsy take a long time like they are Gigantic then Massive and others take a shorter time like they are only Massive.  Has anybody seen a Massive lately?
    Bilbo said:
    @ Gidge I have been mining a long time and I have had Clumsy take a long time like they are Gigantic then Massive and others take a shorter time like they are only Massive.  Has anybody seen a Massive lately?

I am a mining fool myself!  I'll check my next digging trip.
     B) 
    Bilbo said:
    @ Gidge I have been mining a long time and I have had Clumsy take a long time like they are Gigantic then Massive and others take a shorter time like they are only Massive.  Has anybody seen a Massive lately?

The massive was given a new name.  Clumsy

It has the same amount as before.  The gigantic lasts only a few swings.  The massive always lasted longer swings. Then the others have fewer swings.

Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:

It has the same amount as before.  The gigantic lasts only a few swings.  The massive always lasted longer swings. Then the others have fewer swings.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/mining/

saltpeter
    Saltpeter
    niter_small

A Small Niter Deposit

niter_large
    A Larger Niter Deposit
    niter_huge
    A Huge Niter Deposit
    niter_massive
    A Massive Niter Deposit
    niter_gigantic
    A Gigantic Niter Deposit

As you can see the CLUMSY Was given the Massive Graphics.  I have gotten a ton of these.

Prior to the Publish I use to get Massive and Gigantic deposit all the time and I know how long it takes to do both and how long it takes to get to Huge.  I do not know where you mined but I mine at sea and no Gigantics did not last just a few swings, sorry.

Now after Publish I am not getting Gigantic or Massive deposits but I am getting CLUMSY And some CLUMSY take the same amount of time to do Gigantic/Massive -> Huge while others take Massive-> Huge.
    edited March 2019
    Since Gidge is AWOL, I am mining now.  If they start at gigantic I have gotten a 160, 180,200,230.
    Just got a gigantic that went to clumsy in 1 hit. Yield was 154 total.

I got one that started Clumsy get 160,  Rest lower,

They have a range.
    edited March 2019
    Pawain said:
    Since Gidge is AWOL, I am mining now.  If they start at gigantic I have gotten a 160, 180,200,230.

I got one that started Clumsy get 160,  Rest lower,

They have a range.
    And I got 3 Clumsy that lasted forever and walked away with 1200+ saltpeter, those had to be Gigantic because that is what I usually got from Gigantic prior to Pub.  Yes the RNG loved me yesterday hitting a triple, I will never see that again.  The Clumsy are suppose to be Massive but IMHO I think they are both.
    Bilbo said:
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:

saltpeter
    Saltpeter
    niter_small

A Small Niter Deposit

niter_large
    A Larger Niter Deposit
    niter_huge
    A Huge Niter Deposit
    niter_massive
    A Massive Niter Deposit
    niter_gigantic
    A Gigantic Niter Deposit

As you can see the CLUMSY Was given the Massive Graphics.  I have gotten a ton of these.

Prior to the Publish I use to get Massive and Gigantic deposit all the time and I know how long it takes to do both and how long it takes to get to Huge.  I do not know where you mined but I mine at sea and no Gigantics did not last just a few swings, sorry.

Now after Publish I am not getting Gigantic or Massive deposits but I am getting CLUMSY And some CLUMSY take the same amount of time to do Gigantic/Massive -> Huge while others take Massive-> Huge.

Sorry got a gigantic as mentioned above, It lasted 1 swing.  Thats as few as it can go.
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:

saltpeter
    Saltpeter
    niter_small

A Small Niter Deposit

niter_large
    A Larger Niter Deposit
    niter_huge
    A Huge Niter Deposit
    niter_massive
    A Massive Niter Deposit
    niter_gigantic
    A Gigantic Niter Deposit

Sorry got a gigantic as mentioned above, It lasted 1 swing.  Thats as few as it can go.
    So Gigantics are still spawning with the correct graphics.  Man the RNG must have loved the dog out of me yesterday to get all that from Clumsy deposits, keep up the good work UO.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,121Dev
    This sounds like an issue with the names, no changes to niter mining were made in Rising Tide other than the luck bonus while mining in Fel.
    edited March 2019
    Kyronix said:
    This sounds like an issue with the names, no changes to niter mining were made in Rising Tide other than the luck bonus while mining in Fel.
    So was Massive->Clumsy the only name change.  Does Gigantic still spawn?  Also could you update the names in the UO Wiki
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,121Dev
    It’s a bug that will be resolved in a future publish.
  • DrkravenDrkraven Posts: 10
    Bilbo said:
    Kyronix said:
    So was Massive->Clumsy the only name change.  Does Gigantic still spawn?  Also could you update the names in the UO Wiki
    Gigantic does spawn.  As a matter of fact with the exception of a few clumsys I tend to only get gigantic (3500+ luck)
    Drkraven said:
    Bilbo said:
    Kyronix said:
    Gigantic does spawn.  As a matter of fact with the exception of a few clumsys I tend to only get gigantic (3500+ luck)

I think some non luck suit wearers wondered in.  1200 luck gave me the ones I posted above in two trips from Spirituality from shrine to rats twice and shrine to skeles.

5 Gigantic 3 clumsy.
    Kyronix said:

Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.  Trying to get me to walk into a red gate huh... >:)
    TYVM everyone.
    @Gidge @Pawain I am using a Human with 2000 without luck statue bonus and I also have an Elf with Mining.  What type of char are you 2 using and do you think it makes a difference?
    edited March 2019
    Human 1200 luck on suit.  I dont use statue cause I forget.  That is enough to get you the Gigantics.

I use Ilsh.  Watch the message, sometimes the Niter is on the mountain and you can not see it without cntr/shift.  But it seems they have put more of them away from the mountain now.

Never find anything smaller than clumsy.  Without luck you find more smaller sizes.  You dont get more Niter finds, you get larger.
    I mine from a boat which I understand to be the same as Ilsh and caves.
    human 1928 luck. I don't use my statue either. (I don't have any stinky elves)
    I usually always pop the Gigantics. I usually mine in Ilshnar, but my last trip out I popped only clumsies on the ship deck in T2A. I'll go out in a little see what I dig up in my normal spot.
    with luck. Clumsy, Clumsy, Gigantic, Gigantic, Gigantic, Gigantic, Clumsy, Clumsy(in the mountain) = 1376 saltpeter, 1 hour and 30 minutes

without luck. Clumsy, Gigantic, Clumsy, Clumsy, Gigantic, Clumsy = 884 1 hour and 30 minutes
    TYVM @Gidge So it looks like maybe Ilish is a better place to go then ship mining.
    Bilbo said:
    TYVM @ Gidge So it looks like maybe Ilish is a better place to go then ship mining.
    They are different:  

Dungeon Mining

For dungeon mining, once an 8x8 area has been checked for saltpeter, it won't be checked again for 5 minutes. In other words, the same location can be checked for niter deposits every 5 minutes, regardless of the success of the previous try.

GM Miners will discover a niter deposit inside a dungeon on their first strike, provided that there is one within an 8x8 tile location.

Boat Mining

For boat mining, the chance of finding a deposit is checked for each swing of the pickaxe, but the chance to find a niter deposit and the niter deposit sizes are a lot less than dungeon mining (roughly one third of the chance for dungeon mining). It is reported that a GM Miner with 750 luck has 1.25% chance to find a niter deposit from a boat per mining attempt.

http://www.uoguide.com/Saltpeter

Ilsh counts as a dungeon.

I mined the cave before going into the CUs with an elf and a human with the same luck suit 1620 and got a lot more deposits with my Human miner and also mined where the gypsy camp Ilsh Mint is and in less than an hour got over 1000 in less than an hour, nice.  Boat mining I have gotten multi deposits off the same spot, not very often but it has happened.  So I guess Human Ilsh for a change but also ship Tram because I get about the same at the end of the day.
    You can mine the mountains on the way to the cave.  Dont have to be in a dungeon in Ilsh.

Also you collect less ingots when you just hit 1 time.
     B)