Event Tips please

i have done several events and i need some tips..because i want to feel all upset, but im not going to let it get the better of me. I never ever get the drop, the prize, the shiny...and i dont see what the point is to go and waste my insurance gold and reboot my client to some strange crash every time.
I have asked point blank where these drops are and nothing, like im asking a dumb question.. In my mind they are on the final hard to kill monster that is under 300 dead bodies that you cant loot because no way have i ever figured out how to  isolate a dead corpse under that lagged out mess. i use the EC client and i was setup perfect to run this event arc.. but ill im gonna get is disappointment after disappointment. i want to stay positive so maybe you guys have some ideas or tips that can help me and others like me .

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Could just be luck, but I almost always get an event item drop.

I’m normally in a party of 10 people and several members of my party receive a drop. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

Something I learned during the Halloween event is to not be timid when attacking the boss. I was getting all up in Khal's business lobbing spells at him up close and got a lot of drops. Accept that your character may die. I even got drops when I was a ghost after khal killed me  . And I had only 140 luck.

• DerajDeraj Posts: 85
    I might be misinterpreting your post but it sounds to me like you're unsure how distribution works, so here is a description, and apologies if you already knew. Basically if you do enough damage/mitigation/healing to get looting rights on the boss, you will have a chance to have a reward appear directly in your backpack - there is no looting of the body required.

Are you getting looting rights on the boss after it dies? I know that you stated that you have some trouble finding bodies out of a pile, but finding out if you have looting rights is important to know if you had a chance at a drop or not.

Also what is your template?
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited March 2019
    Which boss are you referring to, and which event?

For the current High Seas thing, just find an orc or merchant ship and fire cannons at it until the ship stops moving. The cargo can drop in your pack sometimes, but the hold and crates on the dead ship always has some. Board the dead ship and loot the hold and various containers on the deck. We have also gotten pack drops from killing serpents and such, but have not found any on corpses. You take the cargo to an NPC at Buc's Den, near the mint, and he gives you points (doubloons) in a similar system as Halloween Treasures of X events. Instead of a 1:1 item:point ratio, however, the number of doubloons you earn varies by the quality and type of the cargo. Metal is worth more than cloth, legendary is worth more than grand master, etc. When you have enough doubloons (points) you can buy items from the same NPC. The beacons have higher level cargo drops which reward more points. The Devs have said they will add a new item on the NPC each month that this event is active.

Alternatively, you can deliver the plundered trade cargo to the city it was intended for. That city gets a nice gold boost for its treasury. You can also take the cargo to ANY city's minister of trade, but that city only gets half of the gold as the proper city would have.

For event bosses like the Khaldun champ or EM bosses - most bosses have pretty high fame. You will likely get a fame notification in your journal upon its death if you have earned loot rights. Those bosses typically have pack drops for the rare items. There are exceptions but a boss generally only offers a limited number of drops, so if 50 people are attacking it... well, not everyone gets a drop.
  • thank you everyone for leaving a comment, I have a better understanding now of where i am lacking in the mechanics. thanks again meow