Waxing Nostalgic With the new Splash Screen

I was there when Lord British died while addressing the masses because he did not have his invulnerability on. I have been playing since beta and I just wanted to list my fondest memories. Please, by all means, add to the list!

A time before Tram.
GM Armor being the best in the game.
The Katana being the best weapon in game.
Killing Nobles in Moonglow and going red.
Having a Thatched Roof Cottage on the top of my Large Tower.
Recalling into castle courtyards.
Owning a house inside the gates of Moonglow.
Killing miners for fun.
8x8
Smurfs.
Becoming GM Tailor.
Monthly spawning rares.
An Spyglass.
Going to log into my shard but it being too full to enter.
People en mass.
Having to ID magical items.
Prebuying expansions at Gamestop to get bonus items.
Game CD and packages with cool swag.
Friends.
Power Hour.
The pomp and circumstance of joining a guild and having to touch the stone and swear fealty.
Developer meetups at Texas Renaissance Festival. (I got my cloth map signed there!)
Having to refresh your house.
Having to get friends refresh your house if you went on vacation or something.

ICQ 568300481

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,096
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM1Mw-LXPic

It needs the big red button. 

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 492
    "The pomp and circumstance of joining a guild and having to touch the stone and swear fealty."

It really is the little things sometimes.  Man I remember this so much.

I'll add the Lich in Moonglow Cemetary is something I've always missed.  And the young tickets for Ranger armor.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    I sorely miss my Silver Vanquishing Katana!!!
    Named it Wind - because "breaking wind" was impossible!  :D
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Posts: 112
    Training in Brit cemetery and running down to the blacksmiths and asking one of MANY players there to fix my gear. Ahhh the good old chime of power hour  o:)

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Stepping in and out of moongates waiting for the moons or whatever to align so you knew where you would come out at.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    Down in hythloth killing balrons on my bard (before los) meeting some cool ppl down there and killing pks that tried to kill me/us there.  Balrons loved killing them for me.  lol

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2018
    - Being able to buy at last, after months of night play (56K - or less - modem) the first Small Dragon Boat, because Houses were way too costly (1997 or 98) to be affordable.
    - Miming "unspeakable acts" with other player's char on Lord British Throne.
    - Traveling around an almost empty (houses-wise) Britannia Europa Shard on horse and with said Boat, to explore for the fun of it.
    - Exploting the infamous "boat cargo" bug to "rummage" in other people boats cargoes.
    - Finding in those voyages by chanche a big unattended IDOC (way before the term was "officially" widely used, at least on Europa Shard) on the coast of Hythloth Island.
    - Stuffing the boat cargo with the items recovered from that IDOC: wondeful stuff like charged earrings (some I still have for sale now - https://forum.uo.com/discussion/185/earrings-sahes-capes-rings-maces-armors-wands-etc-with-charges ) and be forced to leave behind the big part of the loot because said cargo was full.
    - Anchoring the boat near Btitain city and spooling to Britain Second Bank to store the most wonderful items (for these times).
    - Being out of the game for a couple of months and, returning, discovering the boat decayed and the remaining loot stored gone (Karma stinks... :) ).
    - Stop playing form personal reasons, about 2000.
    - Returning a first time after years in 2006 or 07, with a new account because unable to find old one credentials.
    - Beginning Bard career on a deserted Haven (just after the Counselors affair, I believe) pitting Ettings one against the other.
    - Find Credentials of old account and descovering old chars unchanged.
    - Buying a Small Workshop on eBay.
    - Deco galore of aformetioned SW.
    - Becoming, at last, GM Beggar (last .3% with first pinkies, if I remeber well) with original Char fron 1997/98.
    - Stopping playing again, about 2008.
    - Coming back last month.