More High Seas ideas.

@Kyronix
Thanks for Rising Tide!  Lots of fun so far!

I have not fought these two since the publish, so if already done thanks.

Can you make Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer and Corgul the Soulbinder Drop the Mythical cargo like Beacons do?  Those are fun for community hunts.

I cant annoy others with my parrot sounds.  Can you make it so others hear it?

Thanks
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    We have some loot enhancement plans for boss level mobs in Forsaken Foes, as for the parrot sounds - that’s a no from me dog :)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,083
    Thank You.  Having fun with Rising Tide!

:'(  My poor silent Birdy.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Do I have to upgrade my account to play the new content. My account has been high seas since it came out years ago.

I have been working every day for a month so I have not played much. I took my boat out for a little while but not sure if i have the new content.

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Do you have, or can you get on one of the big new ships that has spots for cannons? If so then yes you have it. :D
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 526
    edited March 2019
    Kyronix said:
    We have some loot enhancement plans for boss level mobs in Forsaken Foes, as for the parrot sounds - that’s a no from me dog :)
    Hey Kyronix, is there any particular reason why Plunder Beacons are completely immune to Energy damage? Since the Plunder Beacon can't be meleed (so Chiv+AI pets don't work on it), I had hoped that my Magery Mastery Serpentine Dragon would finally be useful, since he has the highest ranged damage output of any pet (which still doesn't begin to compare against Chiv+AI damage output in melee), but nope. He'll just start channeling Death Ray (which is Energy Damage), and do absolutely no damage to the Plunder Beacon :( .
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    It's a lighthouse made of stone and wood, which is a naturally non-conductive, hence no energy damage.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Is there anything other than cannons that can damage the lighthouse? If we follow @Kyronix's logic, Earthquake should be devastating :D
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 228
    Sliss said:
    Is there anything other than cannons that can damage the lighthouse? If we follow @ Kyronix's logic, Earthquake should be devastating :D
    Ever since the massive Earthquakes felt during the Titan invasion, Sosarian engineers have made groundbreaking progress in structural reinforcements to prevent buildings collapsing due to earthquakes. Also the beacon is on water, so...

But a more serious answer, Arrows, Fireballs, Flamestrikes, etc. work fine. I haven't tested other schools of magic, but probably Bombard as well.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• VioletViolet Posts: 371
    Hey Kyronix, is there any particular reason why Plunder Beacons are completely immune to Energy damage? Since the Plunder Beacon can't be meleed (so Chiv+AI pets don't work on it), I had hoped that my Magery Mastery Serpentine Dragon would finally be useful, since he has the highest ranged damage output of any pet (which still doesn't begin to compare against Chiv+AI damage output in melee), but nope. He'll just start channeling Death Ray (which is Energy Damage), and do absolutely no damage to the Plunder Beacon :( .
    Sounds like a change in tactics is in order.
    Khyro said:
    Sliss said:
    Is there anything other than cannons that can damage the lighthouse? If we follow @ Kyronix's logic, Earthquake should be devastating :D
    Ever since the massive Earthquakes felt during the Titan invasion, Sosarian engineers have made groundbreaking progress in structural reinforcements to prevent buildings collapsing due to earthquakes. Also the beacon is on water, so...

Surely, at the very least it should cause a tsunami in Jhelom.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 371
    Sliss said:
    Surely, at the very least it should cause a tsunami in Jhelom.
    Oh on Chesapeake we could only hope. Darn Goblins have overtaken that city.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    edited March 2019
    Im disappointed the parrot doesn't look more like the new Phoenix. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,083
    I hope others are Inviting groups to go on the high seas.  

One player we had along refused to use the cannon. They are a mage with 2 vollums, they got crates from things they killed and beacon. They soloed a beacon without cannons in 45 minutes.

We split up the cannon shots between the crew. Base it on 10 shots and let the first shoot x times then switch. Also if a player is using arrows or spells they can do enough damage for a crate if you stay close. 

I almost built a skree with lots of mana and would leave magic as is. It should work against all things in the sea.

WoD does not work on beacon and I can't tell that armor ignore does more damage. You can pull up a bar on the beacon. EoO makes it orange.

Call out in chat or grab a NOOB and take some others out on the high seas to help defeat these nefarious  Orcs and Pirates!

Thanks for Making this a rewarding group effort.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    Khyro said:
    Sliss said:

But a more serious answer, Arrows, Fireballs, Flamestrikes, etc. work fine. I haven't tested other schools of magic, but probably Bombard as well.

Interesting.  I tried meteor storm tonight and the spell never finishes casting like it had no target even thou I targeted the both the light house and its health bar.  At legendary I have should have 100% success rate.
  • The plunder beacon that I took out was absolutely not worth it for the one drop I got. My ship was scuttled and cannons destroyed in the process making it more trouble than it was worth. I do enjoy taking out the pirate ships and merchant ships with the new cannon process though.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,347
    The plunder beacon that I took out was absolutely not worth it for the one drop I got. My ship was scuttled and cannons destroyed in the process making it more trouble than it was worth. I do enjoy taking out the pirate ships and merchant ships with the new cannon process though.
    You need to re-think your tactics. It is possible to do them without your ship being scuttled, though it will take some damage.

I have taken out 3 beacons without my ship taking any damage so far today . It would have been 4 but another beacon spawned right next to me while I was fighting an already spawned beacon and hit me with a 4 cannon strike before I had time to react.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    TimSt said:

I have taken out 3 beacons without my ship taking any damage so far today . It would have been 4 but another beacon spawned right next to me while I was fighting an already spawned beacon and hit me with a 4 cannon strike before I had time to react.

"I have taken out 3 beacons without my ship taking any damage so far today . "

May I ask how you were able to avoid getting hit ?

Hit and run tactics ?

Spoiler

I come in from the corners where the beacon's cannons can not hit me I then cast chain lightning spells on to the orcs while holding an orc slayer spell book. After doing that at all four corners I sail out a little bit, line up my one cannon with the beacon, tell the tiller to move toward the beacon, then I cast invisibility on myself.  The ship stops when it touches the beacon.  I prep the cannon, fire, then cast invisibility asap. Repeat the last three things until the beacon is taken out.

• ZamotZamot Posts: 55
    If The orcs are all dead, I am assuming you are just going invisible  to keep from getting that reflect damage.

Before I started going invisible my ship was getting damaged as if the cannons that point east or west were getting fired by an automated defense mechanism.

TimSt said:

Spoiler

I come in from the corners where the beacon's cannons can not hit me I then cast chain lightning spells on to the orcs while holding an orc slayer spell book.

I tried doing the same with the Hail Storm and Nether Cyclone and they only hit one orc at a time. I thought maybe they disabled AoE on the lighthouses.
  • Violet said:
    Sounds like a change in tactics is in order.
    Yeah, i had already determined that my Thrower works a lot better than my Disco/Tamer for the High Seas content. Didn't know at the time though that Cannons actually worked against the Plunder Beacons, i had fired my cannons at one a few times before and didn't do any damage. Must not have been lined up right.

Pawain said:
    I hope others are Inviting groups to go on the high seas.  

One player we had along refused to use the cannon. They are a mage with 2 vollums, they got crates from things they killed and beacon. They soloed a beacon without cannons in 45 minutes.

My Thrower can solo Plunder Beacons in like 20-25 mins. I keep EoO, Divine Fury and Con Wep up at GM Chiv, and i do 110-130 damage per throw. 200+ when i use Called Shot. Elemental Fury procs add 80-100 damage, and once the Beacon get's below 30% Health, the "Bane" property on my Soul Glaive will start triggering for about 70-90 damage initially, but increases up to about 300 damage per proc when the Beacon is red lined. Man i wish Throwers got a wep with Double Shot.
    Did three more beacons without going invisible.  Did not get fired on.  Maybe I was hitting a glitch in the system.

edited March 2019
    TimSt said:
    Did three more beacons without going invisible.  Did not get fired on.  Maybe I was hitting a glitch in the system.

Nice Job @TimSt. I did a bit of sailing today but did not find any beacons, I did find a blue merchant ship but don't usually attack blues. By the way what would happen if I attacked a Blue Merchant Ship in tram?
    Arron said:
    TimSt said:

Nice Job @ TimSt. I did a bit of sailing today but did not find any beacons, I did find a blue merchant ship but don't usually attack blues. By the way what would happen if I attacked a Blue Merchant Ship in tram?

Attacking the ship is recommended! The crew although don't take too kindly to monsters, carry insurance and they get paid regardless if you skuttle their ship and loot it dry. They turn a blind eye to your actions.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    Arron said:
    TimSt said:

Nice Job @ TimSt. I did a bit of sailing today but did not find any beacons, I did find a blue merchant ship but don't usually attack blues. By the way what would happen if I attacked a Blue Merchant Ship in tram?
    I did a bit of sailing today but did not find any beacons, "

Aside from asking the Tillerman to Track, is there any particular way to identify the Location of the spawn for Plunder Beacons ?

Like, for example, do Harbour Masters or any other NPC at Docks give out their coordinates and Locations ?

Or is it a mere matter of bumping into one while sailing the Seas ?
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    popps said:
    Arron said:
    TimSt said:

I did a bit of sailing today but did not find any beacons, "

Aside from asking the Tillerman to Track, is there any particular way to identify the Location of the spawn for Plunder Beacons ?

Like, for example, do Harbour Masters or any other NPC at Docks give out their coordinates and Locations ?

Or is it a mere matter of bumping into one while sailing the Seas ?
    Not to my knowledge. Just saying "start tracking" works for me. Now, keep in mind, it does seem like it STOPS tracking after 3-5 minutes (I haven't timed it) but then I just say start tracking again, if I haven't found something to fight.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    KHAN said:
    Not to my knowledge. Just saying "start tracking" works for me. Now, keep in mind, it does seem like it STOPS tracking after 3-5 minutes (I haven't timed it) but then I just say start tracking again, if I haven't found something to fight.
    yeah, it has a time limit. It seems my tiller is hard of hearing and I have to say it 3-5 times before anything pops up. Since it covers a range of 200 tiles, you can kind of get a nice swath of area before moving to a new place. It won't pick up a new thing on the other side of a server line, but if you have something already showing an arrow and cross a server line, it will continue to track it.