Can the Devs implement the smoothness of the Sallos Client for the Classic Client?

AtlanteanAngelAtlanteanAngel Posts: 53
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

It seems this Sallos Client is used for some UO private servers.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Devs could implement the smoothness of the Sallos Client (see video below) into the Classic Client?

It's like the best of both worlds : the smoothness of the EC and the graphics of the CC.

Comments

• fonsvitaefonsvitae Posts: 51
    edited March 2019
    You may call that smoothness.... I do not agree. At all.

It is like riding a parallel rail, more even and steady than natural movement... and I do not like it.

If BS incorporated this and gave an option in regards to its use, fine. If they changed the CC to mirror the EC's unnatural movement, that would be the end of my financial relationship w/ UO.

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I would hate that, I like Pinco's UI, I don't want those nasty little floating icons that never seem to form a straight line. No thanks.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    OMG That made me as sick as the EC does SORRY
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Way, way, way, way, way, way too spammy. 

That was also the dullest "promotional video" I've ever seen.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    fonsvitae said:
    You may call that smoothness.... I do not agree. At all.

It is like riding a parallel rail, more even and steady than natural movement... and I do not like it.

If BS incorporated this and gave an option in regards to its use, fine. If they changed the CC to mirror the EC's unnatural movement, that would be the end of my financial relationship w/ UO.
    That seems rather a very superficial reason to to either pick a game or leave one over. But that's just me.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited March 2019

It seems this Sallos Client is used for some UO private servers.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Devs could implement the smoothness of the Sallos Client (see video below) into the Classic Client?

It's like the best of both worlds : the smoothness of the EC and the graphics of the CC.

Look at the responses here. "proper FPS make me feel dizzy" LMAO. That's why lots of talented guys couldn't give rats about OSI and go forward doing the work themself. 
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Video removed - you may not promote private shards on these boards. If you are anxious that the development team  view that content please send it in an email to uo@broadsword.com
    JollyJade said:Look at the responses here. "proper FPS make me feel dizzy" LMAO. That's why lots of talented guys couldn't give rats about OSI and go forward doing the work themself. 
    Sometimes it seems that if you look at all the people who get a negative physiological reactions from a game, any game, 90% of them are UO CC users who tried to play EC. I seriously do not recall another game with so many headaches, nauseas, seizures, etc. It's a fascinating phenomenon that should be studied for the good of the science.
  • Sliss said:
    Sometimes it seems that if you look at all the people who get a negative physiological reactions from a game, any game, 90% of them are UO CC users who tried to play EC. I seriously do not recall another game with so many headaches, nauseas, seizures, etc. It's a fascinating phenomenon that should be studied for the good of the science.
    this! haha it really is incredible
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    @JollyJade and @Sliss that was hilarious!  :)
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Sliss said:
    JollyJade said:Look at the responses here. "proper FPS make me feel dizzy" LMAO. That's why lots of talented guys couldn't give rats about OSI and go forward doing the work themself. 

It's called Motion Sickness and studies have been done. I figured an intelligent person such as yourself would have known this already, or maybe I just figured wrong?

How many other games do you know that not only offer separate graphics, but forums for discussion about the difference as well?

I can't do EC. I also can't do CoD, RdR, GTA5, any first person view and some of the newer sports games, pc or console.

Yourself and the other two can put the EC pom poms down and realize there really are people that can't play with what you would call "better graphics".

Well said @Urge
    edited March 2019
    Urge said:
    It's called Motion Sickness and studies have been done. I figured an intelligent person such as yourself would have known this already, or maybe I just figured wrong?

How many other games do you know that not only offer separate graphics, but forums for discussion about the difference as well?

I can't do EC. I also can't do CoD, RdR, GTA5, any first person view and some of the newer sports games, pc or console. Yourself and the other two can put the EC pom poms down and realize there really are people that can't play with what you would call "better graphics".
    I have no doubt that motion sickness is real, that a number of people suffer form it, and that some of them cannot play video games. But I find it hard to believe how many are selectively affected by it only when playing EC.
    Edit: Just to be clear, I don't mean to belittle people with real conditions who can not tolerate EC, and my apologies if I caused offence. I just have a feeling, based on many a conversation that majority of EC's opponents simply can't be bothered to unlearn the patterns that they've been following for the past 20 years in CC. For such people, dizziness, headaches, etc, are merely a convenient excuse.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

Point taken but you also have to realize given how old UO is, some are exclusive to UO and have little to no experience to justify speaking on other games. Since this and Stratics are UO forums, possibly the rest are keeping the talk limited to this game and the choices they are given here.

Motion sickness from games can have varying triggers with different degrees of severity. It is very possible that just 1 piece of EC artwork could be a trigger to someone while your other modern games will lack that 1 piece. Determining the root cause in artwork is impossible with every person reacting differently.

But I think it's outstanding that we're given the option of two clients here.

Urge said:

But I think it's outstanding that we're given the option of two clients here.

Another thing we disagree on :). I think this is horrible and one of the 2 prime examples of how not to do things in MMO, another being shard shields. I have no visual preference between EC or CC (I use EC for functionality), but I think the game would have been much better off if there was a single client. Having two clients is probably the biggest reason neither is getting any development to speak of, not to mention sporting 10+ year old bugs.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Is there a point to another EC vs CC debate?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    Deleted 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Rorschach said:
    Is there a point to another EC vs CC debate?
    Same as it always is "LESS FILLING!! TASTES GREAT!!"

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

No debate.  CC users are fine with people playing the CC or EC but for some reason that courtesy is not given from thee EC users go figure.  I do not care which client anybody plays but quit trying to shove your choice down others throats.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Well said. EA has given us 2 choices. If for some reason one of those choices is removed then the persons affected will decide if we are going to quit or move to the other client.
    Bilbo said:
    No debate.  CC users are fine with people playing the CC or EC but for some reason that courtesy is not given from thee EC users go figure.  I do not care which client anybody plays but quit trying to shove your choice down others throats.
    Seriously? You never rabid fans demanding Devs add EC functionality to CC and abandon EC altogether?
    Sliss said:
    Bilbo said:
    Seriously? You never rabid fans demanding Devs add EC functionality to CC and abandon EC altogether?
    NO I have not.  What I have asked for MANY times along with others is that EC needs a setting for it graphics to display CC/EC/if possible KR graphics to see if we can go to a one client game but they also need to make UOAM/UOC work with the EC.
    I can not watch a modded 2D display like EC or any 3D display without getting a migraine and throwing up thanks to staring at green screens for 21 years and yes it is one of my disabilities listed with the VA so it is a very real condition regardless of what you may think.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    As this thread has, predictably, slipped into the usual rut I think it's time to call a halt.
This discussion has been closed.