Castle Conversion Questions

A couple things. My place is packed. If I convert my masonry is going to put me way over on storage. What happens then?

Also is there a place to see all the new castles? I've seen pictures here and there and I'm not sure if they're keeps or castles or what.

Are there any major issues? Like someone said you had to clear the first floor?

I'm hoping someone has been through this by now and can help me figure it out :)
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies

Comments

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    All Deeded Items have to be removed before converting to your new Castle design, that includes but not limited to Rugs, trophies and containers like fountains for bandages,some furniture that is also used for storage storage, Rugs, curtains and such. All lockdown items will be placed in the moving crate.
  • I really like Camelot but why have a staircase in the middle of the room on the first floor? *sigh*
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,930Moderator
    If you scroll to just past the classic house pictures on this page https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/houses-placing-a-house/ you will find links to the winning entries of the 3 contests.

• Mariah said:
    If you scroll to just past the classic house pictures on this page https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/houses-placing-a-house/ you will find links to the winning entries of the 3 contests.

Okay so I'm guessing I want the 'Customize this house" button and if it's grayed out then the house isn't ready yet? Just a by the by thing. In the Wiki there's a Trinsic Keep in with the Castles and I assume it's a keep. But the description should clearly state if it's a castle or a keep or what. It's hard for me to count those little tiles to be sure lol
    It's a keep, as it is titled. In the first contest both keeps and castles were included, but only one keep among the winners. The two subsequent contests have been one for keeps and one for castles.
  • Mariah said:
    It's a keep, as it is titled. In the first contest both keeps and castles were included, but only one keep among the winners. The two subsequent contests have been one for keeps and one for castles.

Okay, just saying it can be a little confusing. BUT my real question is I want to be 100% sure which button I click to change my old castle to a new design. A wrong click and things can go horribly wrong lol. Anyone?
  • I'm beginning to wonder if anyone actually understands how to do this lol
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,659
    edited March 2019
    look at the list of castles or keeps and be sure to look at the name of the design you like...
    then look for it on the list to convert...
    if after you decide you don't like it, you just wait til the next day and you can change it to something else, you will just pay the difference between the two designs... and if its cheaper, you get refunded the difference...

=======================
    to change to the new design...
    go to customize
    securely replace this house
    then pick the design you want from the list
    ==============================

all vendors, stewards, pavers, walls, goza, grass, snow, sand tiles must be removed (can be in containers)... and deeded items like fountains of life, fire painting, wall safes, boiling cauldron, etc must be in deed form.... 
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    *renting storage space for tiles, goza, walls, and deeded items*   :D
    when I changed mine, I actually had to place a keep & still ran out of space to put it all
  • *renting storage space for tiles, goza, walls, and deeded items*   :D
    I don't have any gozas. I think I can spread most of the granite over my other 2 places and it won't break my heart to lose some floor tiles. All considered I like the Camelot design over the ones available so I shouldn't need as much granite. My OCD is up a few clicks over a big stairwell in the middle of the main floor, and if you walk around with transparency on you can see different floor tiles under the steps and all. So I won't do that lol. I'll try to ignore that the fencing doesn't reach the walls and all. Custom castle plots please! I'm still not sure which button I click for sure not to have my stuff laying all over the ground. I guess no one at BS can tell me which button customizes the house FOR SURE. Something I want to be FOR SURE about lol
  • In a normal game "customize this house" would do it but this game is so screwed up I really don't know.

• look at the list of castles or keeps and be sure to look at the name of the design you like...
    then look for it on the list to convert...
    if after you decide you don't like it, you just wait til the next day and you can change it to something else, you will just pay the difference between the two designs... and if its cheaper, you get refunded the difference...

=======================
    to change to the new design...
    go to customize
    securely replace this house
    then pick the design you want from the list
    ==============================

all vendors, stewards, pavers, walls, goza, grass, snow, sand tiles must be removed (can be in containers)... and deeded items like fountains of life, fire painting, wall safes, boiling cauldron, etc must be in deed form.... 
    Yes I'm working on boxing stuff up. Probably be a few days. *sigh* And that is easy compared to putting it all back.
    I am adding a short paragraph and the following image to the page I linked. I hope that will help people in future.

• DramoraDramora Posts: 14
    I didn't think the new designs were on the list yet. I thought I had another week before they were in production shards.

I have so much work to do before I can customize mine.
    Dramora said:
    I didn't think the new designs were on the list yet. I thought I had another week before they were in production shards.

I have so much work to do before I can customize mine.
    the list in the pic, are already on the tool... the list of keeps
    the list will only show what you are trying to convert... 
    the new ones are castles, so they would only show on the castle list
  • @Mariah is there any way we can get pictures of each design added to the wiki? Preferably outside and inside on each level?

Since the newest additions are the only ones on test center it makes it difficult for us to see which design we would like to pick.
  • Mariah said:
    I am adding a short paragraph and the following image to the page I linked. I hope that will help people in future.

Thank you :)
  • So I'm all ready to go as far as I can tell. But Camelot isn't on the list yet *cries* My castle is trashed lol *sigh*
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    *soon*  

• *soon*  

Yeah looks like the 19th. Gotta look at this mess for a week
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    You can also go on the test site and look for a castle spot.  Then use the tool to place one to see what it looks like.
    @ Mariah is there any way we can get pictures of each design added to the wiki? Preferably outside and inside on each level?

Since the newest additions are the only ones on test center it makes it difficult for us to see which design we would like to pick.
    If you care to follow the link, and information, I gave in post 4 of this thread you will find images of all winning entries, all levels. Each picture can be clicked to give a larger, full size, version
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    ZekeTerra said:
    You can also go on the test site and look for a castle spot.  Then use the tool to place one to see what it looks like.
    Only if you have the money to place it! I tried and since we only have like 2 million gold there and the castles need like 40+ million.

:( I would be afraid to put money into the transfer choice to go to test when we copy ourselves over. Maybe I will test 5 gold to see. :D

edited March 2019
    That option has already been explored and posted about. I will find it and edit a link into this post

and here's the link

• Yeah I walked around Camelot on test and it has real potential. It's not even close to what I would design if we had Free Will here. But I can live with it for now. I will hold out hope that we put an end to this nonsense and let us design our own homes. The current situation is just nuts. Camelot is a lot more "borg cube" than I would have designed but it's what I'm forced into, all considered. Now my castle is pretty much in boxes I just might start over from the ground up with the classic castle and put my six bags of stone back in with a better design lol
  • People just need to be aware that most the keeps and castles AFTER you change the classic design to the new ones, will make you new house go IMPROPERLY Placed and you can NOT revert back to classic or any other style unless you RESIZE your house again
  • People just need to be aware that most the keeps and castles AFTER you change the classic design to the new ones, will make you new house go IMPROPERLY Placed and you can NOT revert back to classic or any other style unless you RESIZE your house again

Good to know. I think I'll be sticking with this one until we can finally we get a customizable plot. I just gotta believe that rational thinking will win the day at some point. Being on Legends it really isn't a problem to even drop a house and put another up. Well other than finding a place for all the stuff. The chance of losing your spot is pretty small. I really can't imagine my castle going improper. THere's nothing there but grass. But it'll be interesting to see what happens.
  • This is Just 1 of the 100 of examples!
    this castle is current Properly placed, nothing inside or outside blocking. Classic Design!

as soon as you go into the menu and change from Classic to any other New design, castle will go IMPROPERLY placed and the only way you can change back is by Resizing the whole castle again! and than you ask WHY of that?  bc the new designs "takes 1 extra tile" on every direction 

so after you change, this little space here will be blocked and you can pass thru

on some Keeps that have a Tree on front of the property (1 tile between tree and Keep) after you change the keep to new design, that tree will b right on front of the step, making the keep now Improperly placed!

I think the simple way to answer will be the Old Keep (Classic) is 24x24 tiles and the new ones are now 25x25 after you convert!

same goes for Castles , from 31x31 Classic, to 32X32 After.

• Well you got me. That's my castle spot on Legends lol