How do I take on Irk in Twisted Weald?

How do I take on Irk in Twisted Weald? I am trying to get his brain so I can take on Dread Horn but I constantly die in less than 30 seconds and only do a max of 18% damage.

My template is
magery 120
eval int: 120
resist spells: 100
meditation: 100
hiding: 90
stealth: 90

My armor and jewels provide
70 on all resists
LMC: 40
LRC: 100
SDI: 41
FCR: 0
FC: 1
Luck: 100
HPR: 8
SR: 10
MR: 13
RPD: 0
DCI: 0

Other than the hiding and stealth this same combo I was able to survive an hour of fighting Krampus by myself without dying.

A named changeling should not be that hard to fight.

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Thanks.  That only confirmed that his attacks are physical.  I was looking more for advice like parry mage with a high RPD and DCI and throw potions at him.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    I understand your logic but i’m not sure putting a load of useless skill on a char with no FC/FCR is the answer to killing a mirror form.

It goes down easy on tamer. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Hiding and an RC works for me. Sometimes it's a pain, but works..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I use a tamer currently, but with that hiding and stealth, maybe try to toss on protection and reactive armour and toss out something that will follow you (earthies?) and let them take the heat then toss ev's as they die and then invis and have an ethy handy to hop on before casting directly so you can run as needed. I use the cast and hide method or I can get out a spell, invis through a spell hit, stealth or away from a magic reveal and get back close before invis wears off. take some orange petals with you to try to help with the poison.

I would try to get some fc/fcr because with all the spell damage in the world, it won't help if you can't cast your defensive spells fast enough or get interrupted.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    If you don't have access to a tamer, lob EVs and hide.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    Easiest way is a bard. I farm keys on a provo toon then hand off to my warrior.

Irk has low energy so attack/lure some Cu’s into his area then provo them on him. He dies pretty fast. You’ll fail often so inviso, wait 7 secs, then provo again till it hits. Rinse & Repeat.
  • I use two characters for farming brains from Irk. My Stealth Archer, which lures Guile and Spite into a corner, then lures Irk to my Discord/Tamer. My Discord/Tamer has a 100% Energy Damage Platinum Drake with Chiv+AI. As soon as i see Irk with him, i tell my pet to follow Irk (so the pet doesn't come back to me if Irk invises), then tell my pet to kill Irk from 11+ tiles away, while trying to discord him. Irk won't transform into you if you're 11 tiles or more away from him. He becomes harder to kill if he transforms, plus he'll start targeting you then.
  • KronalKronal Posts: 84
    Honestly I've found a sampire with double axe with hll (fire) works well.  Little slow but almost never die.
  • XareXare Posts: 124

WHY?!

Other than that glaring question, try lobbing EVs or earth elementals at it all day?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited March 2019
    Xare said:

WHY?!

Other than that glaring question, try lobbing EVs or earth elementals at it all day?
    I see 720 skills.  What is on your jewelry TimSt?

Your build could be hindering you.  I use Protection so I can have FC = 0  But you need FCR.  You may be getting killed because you can not cast quick enough after the previous spell. Or, if you do not use Protection you need Both.  Invis is what we rely on when we get too close to the action. 

You have hiding and stealth why are you getting hit?  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    edited March 2019
    I haven't done DH or any other ML peerless since the Pet Revamp.

But, a wammie using an undead slayer AI weapon & talisman, destroys changlings once they turn into you, cause they become vulnerable to the undead slayer.

It would be nice to break the monotony and do something like that, but the loot causes it to be a huge waste of time, especially when things like Shadowguard, Shadowlord & Exodus exist it just sucks doing the same things over and over because they're the only things that consistently drop high-end items.   

How much longer are we expected to wait for a rebalance in loot quality between bosses/peerless'?
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

My jewelry is:
    Ring:
    Intel Bonus 10
    MI: 5
    MR: 3
    SDI: 18
    LMC: 10

Bracelet
    MI: 5
    MR: 3
    Luck: 100
    SDI: 18
    PR: 15

Up till now I have not noticed a slowness in my casting. But since I started trying to kill Irk my casting has gotten slow.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited March 2019
    Ok.  You are getting Man regen, LMC, +mana from your jewelry.

You could get those from your armor. 

As soon as the spell target comes up you could recast with FCR. At 5 Im too slow at clicking to notice any recovery time delay.  You should use protection with FC only 1.  You may take a hit but you can remove aggro and hope the mobs goes to an EV.  I have a pet holder that does not have much FC and he has to wait between casts.

You could reforge a leather suit with those stats.  MR, LMC, +Mana, + Int. LRC

Choose Mystic and Of Wizardry  Caps are MR 4, LMC 10, Mana 10, Intel 5, LRC 25 
    You wont get all caps But a 4int  8Mana  8 LMC 20 LRC MR 3 is pretty easy to get.

Start with 2 Mage skill Legendaries with high resists (25 LRC) and craft the rest.  Mage skill armor is very abundant.  (the game is stingy with dex armor)

I Find a suit and Imbue rings to get what is missing. Usually skills and SDI are on my rings with FCR as needed.

I feel the FCR could help you a lot.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.