Luck Suit for Tamer

2»

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2020
    I try to get perfection on my tamer, i roll with 55 bush, enough to hit lightning strike which gives max hci, and i use a mage weap.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    Kronal said:
    Mempo for neck - 300
    Etoli Set- 400
    Armor of fortune - 200
    6 pieces at 190 (Head/Arms/Gloves/Legs/Shield/1H weapon) - 1140
    Minax Sandals - 150
    Luck Robe -140
    Lucky Charm - 150

Total Luck - 2480 Luck.

After that you can add to your luck with the combination of Luck Statue (200 luck plus 50 luck bonus for each year your account is active), Fel Bonus (1000 Bonus in luck) and perfection bonus (1000 Max) bringing your absolute total possible luck bonus to 5680 When hunting in fel.

HOWEVER

3982 is the amount of luck needed to increase the amount of loot AND the quality of loot to 100% of the time.
    And how exactly does a Tamer go about getting the Perfection bonus to luck ?
    Forget about Perfection, 2480 + 1000 Fel + 1000 Statue is already beyond the cap
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited September 2020
    I still don't believe in the Feluccan luck bonus. Now if my status bar jumped to 1000 upon entering, and returned to normal when back in Trammel, I'd believe it, but it doesn't. Same for Perfection, what happens if you fail perfection right at that split second that the enemy drops, did you lose that 1000 because of poor timing ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited September 2020
    I still don't believe in the Feluccan luck bonus. Now if my status bar jumped to 1000 upon entering, and returned to normal when back in Trammel, I'd believe it, but it doesn't. Same for Perfection, what happens if you fail perfection right at that split second that the enemy drops, did you lose that 1000 because of poor timing ?
    For Fel it's documented in the official document (https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/player/stats/luck/) so you can only believe it because at least it is in the design spec. If it's not working then it should be considered a bug. (by the way the editor of the Luck page is actually the "UO Dev Team", which gives another credibility to the information written there) 

For perfection according to this https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/bushido/

Perfection grants 100 Luck per level achieved. For a Samurai of 50 skill, each step is a 5% damage bonus and a 50 luck bonus to the target he honored, with a Samurai in training receiving a 1% damage increase and 10 Luck increase to each level of Perfection per 10 full skill points gained, up to 100 Bushido. A missed hit results in a loss of 3 levels of Perfection. At the defeat of your opponent, you also gain back some health, stamina, and mana based on the final level of Perfection you have achieved.

So a miss at the last moment will be a 300 luck lost but you still have 700 luck accumulated from perfection apply to the loot generation
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I still don't believe in the Feluccan luck bonus. Now if my status bar jumped to 1000 upon entering, and returned to normal when back in Trammel, I'd believe it, but it doesn't. Same for Perfection,
    There is an open bug report for there being no mention of luck on the perfection buff description.

However I’m unable to open a bug ticket to request a boost of 1000 luck on your status when entering fel because it’s only loot that you get a 1000 luck bonus for, and not for other systems that are affected by luck. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    edited September 2020
    McDougle said:
    why do people not like the bracelet of primal consumption ? with 200 luck and 20 in every resistance i use on all my luck suits who wants crappy resistance?? 

Main reason I don't use that or Compassion Eye on my tamer is because the FC/FCR combo from them both is 0/0 which to me isn't worth the extra 50 luck when you are able to achieve all 70's resists on your suit without it. (I use the FC/FCR for healing the pet or invising or WoD)

@Kronal is 100% on point with their post (which is also often overlooked) in that 3982 is the max luck you need for 100% chance of loot impact (anything more is a waste). Given that my suit is almost 2500 and most things can be hunted in Fel that puts me at ~3500. I only need another 500ish for max luck which is easily attained by using the luck statue. 

I was going to try to maximize my luck suit a few months ago and rework my template to include Bushido for perfection but once I worked out the numbers (plus not being totally convinced 3982 luck actually gives better loot than ~2.5-3k luck) it didn't seem like it was worth it for my tamer.

That said, I have started to put a warrior luck suit together that includes the Compassion Eye / Consumption bracelet out of boredom; not sure how useful it will be in combat though.