Death in EC ...

JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
So ... I'm finally at the end of my rope. Last year - sometime between April and July of 2018 - there was a publish that messed EC up when a person dies in game.

Seriously ... do you understand how difficult it is to get out of a dungeon and find a wandering healer with this? Or how to find a guild mate for a res?

Please, please, please fix this because I canNOT go back to playing in Classic ...
~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    This doesn’t happen to me on EC. Have you tried checking the “perform full file check” on the game launch update screen?
    Also, Is that pinco’s UI or default UI?

If performing file check doesn’t work, my next step would be up make sure my graphics card driver is up to date. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Default UI. I use no third party programs.

I do a “perform full file check” once a month when loading the patch program. And all drivers are up to date.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
    edited March 2019
    Try in game user settings/Graphics, uncheck "Enable hardware death effect"
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

looking at your log, you died to a hydra. But did you also crash and have to log in again? As it says reconnecting...

(I’m not suggesting this is connected but you did say you use default ui and no 3rd party programs but your log says you’ve installed the uocartographer mod...)

• JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    edited March 2019
    -- I guess I never considered UOCartographer a third party app ... I was in a guild a year ago that used it ... when someone says "third party app", I think of Razor, Steam, or UOAssist ...

I unchecked the box next to "Enable hardware death effect" and it fixed the problem ... but if that being checked would cause the problem in the picture, why have it as an option?

Also, where I die and immediately log out and reconnect is to save my swamp dragon from getting killed by spawn ...
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

edited March 2019
    where I die and immediately log out and reconnect is to save my swamp dragon from getting killed by spawn ...
    Hold me back, hold me back!

if you disclosed first that you were an exploit abuser I would not have assisted.

• JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    edited March 2019
    I didn’t realize it was an exploit. I’ve always been told to do that to save a pet from dying ... and now that I have been informed not to, I won’t.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

edited March 2019
    You are just doing what the game allows, I can’t blame the users, carry on.

The devs don’t care that we abuse a system designed to prevent pets from disappearing to prevent them from dying and to save charges on pet summoning balls, and to summon them to areas where pet summoning is forbidden.

• Well, I do try to play within all allowed parameters ... and when I’m informed something isn’t exactly on the up-and-up, I don’t do it. 
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited March 2019
    Well, I do try to play within all allowed parameters ... and when I’m informed something isn’t exactly on the up-and-up, I don’t do it. 
    It is very on the up and up and is totally %100 allowed by UO, you are not an exploiter.