Pixel Artists for UO

Just curious if anyone out there is familiar with this art style? Talked with Andrea about it recently, she does some great stuff. 

Comments

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at but I do like the house design. I like that stairway with the arch under it a lot.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Wasn't that done by the lady that was offered a job on UO but she already had one at Ubisoft? There was a big thread on the 'other' forum about her work last year.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    do you mean uostratics? There's no free speech issues on this site unlike there.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    @Kyronix @Mesanna any chance the client will get a pixel polish? This would be the coolest
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    @jaytin she told me she almost worked for UO, but i didnt ask more. Perhaps that was the reason.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I think she had been a popular choice of players for an artist job but by the time the powers that be actually asked her/needed an artist it was a bit too late and she stayed loyal to her employer. Well that's what I took from the posts I read, it's a great shame as she clearly has a lot of talent and would have been such an asset. The project she is working on which makes the UO world in 3D is very interesting too.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    She would have been required to move also.
  • Gandalf69Gandalf69 Posts: 14
    There are many other shards out there ( which i'll not mention) with this kind  of polish with huge improvement in fps.
    But unfortunately on Osi all we get is an ugly EC client with horrible skins.
  • Gandalf69Gandalf69 Posts: 14
    For instance even a 8 years old kid would have done this path way better.

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited March 2019
    Gandalf69 said:
    For instance even a 8 years old kid would have done this path way better.

That the Eodon moongate area?  :D Feel ya bro. But it's still better they add their mediocre stuff where it can be easiely ignored instead of revamping good areas we all like into mediocre areas.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • I'm totally good with the CC art. Thanks
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I'm totally good with the CC art. Thanks
    I am in total agreement with you on this Captain Lucky. I also like the CC art.