Crafting still being neglected as a vital part of the game?

Whats the deal with crafting be so non essential these days? 

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Age of Shadows and loot upgrades
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    It not essential as you can get the same results from legendary Loot.
    Some say better but I say you can get just as good stuff making it yourself.

I like the control of picking exactly what my gear has on it. So I mainly make my stuff, but thats just me.

With imbuing and reforging you can get to all the caps but it takes more different effort than just going out and killing a boss for legendary loot.  :)

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2019
    I have many platinum, and 4 out of 6 armour pieces on my main char I reforged and imbued.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    It's still vital. Still need it to make a luck suit. Still need it for PvM weapons. I think it nicely complements the loot system. The balance between crafted and looted gear is better in UO than in most other MMOs.
  • Crafting still has its uses along with bulk orders for super tools.    we lost a great deal of players over the years to war monger Dev team's of the past. Tp them a crafter had little use. Mesanna and her people have been working on making it more player useful
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210

Mesanna and her people have been working on making it more player useful
    To a degree. Every bone thrown to a crafter has been met with a whole graveyard being tossed to the grinders.
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    I know  its not fair but they scream the loudest