Revenants/Vengeful spirit loses target on teleporter/sparkle

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
Both clients Revenants/Vengeful spirits until very recently would track their target through internal teleporters in dungeons (so long as they were on the same server). Now when a target goes through a sparkle/teleporter the revenant will no longer follow.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    This sounds more like an exploit that got fixed.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2019
    There are no other curses that are remedied by moving through a teleported in a dungeon. 

They also shouldn’t lose a target when the target changes server, again, no other curse is remedied by crossing a server line. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "This issue has been resolved in an unpublished hotfix sometime between now and time of posting, many thanks"-+-
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    "in the last 48 hours revenenants have stopped teleporting to follow player targets, (can provide video evidence if required) @Bleak "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited March 2021
    fixed again thank you!
    edited August 2021
    "This is not working again, target stepped onto teleporter that takes you to terra keep (same server) revenant (pictured) stopped following. Target did not have stealth/hiding nor was target in any form. "

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,305
    Great.  Still remember first time I met one it recalled home with me, followed me into the house and killed me there.
    edited August 2021
    “Okay interestingly, the revenants do remain on the target if the target moves through a server boundary (enters/exits) a dungeon on a different server to the interior/exterior. It is just internal teleporters on the same sub server they’re losing their quarry

This may explain why it seemed as though the issue was fixed, then not fixed, then fixed…”