The Mage Mariah - Prequel to next week

EM EchoEM Echo Posts: 165Event Moderator

Taryn pulled off her cloak and hung it on the worn wooden peg next to the door. She hurried over to the fire stretching out her hands to feel the welcomed warmth. Taryn loved all seasons but she had to admit, she was truly ready for warmer weather and blooming plants. She smiled softly to herself thinking about that Brother Andrew would be pleased to hear of the success of his potion in reversing the effects of the decay that had devastated several areas a few short weeks ago. As of now, everything seemed to be recovering nicely with no sign of lasting damage.

Taryn turned at the soft knock on the door. Crossing the room, she opened the door to a girl not much older than she dressed in the garb of a mage in training.

“Mistress, I come from my teacher Mariah. She bids you to send someone to her as soon as possible,” the girl said emphatically. “There are strange things happening in Lost Hope Bay. Strange sightings. It may be connected to the Runes. People need to know what happened before.”

Taryn jerked her head, startled, “The Runes? After all this time?”

The girl handed Taryn a rolled parchment sealed with the insignia that those teaching at the Lycaeum in Moonglow. Taryn quickly scanned the writing and nodded to the girl, “Tell Mariah I will ask someone to attend her as soon as possible.”

Seek out and speak to Mariah in the Lycaeum in Moonglow starting tonight, February 21st. You have a week to talk to her. This is for background information related to next week’s event. Start by saying “Hello” and then she will guide you through the rest of the information she has to tell. You will not lose anything if you choose not to talk to her but the hope is this will enhance the story and event for next week.