What if

TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
What if during a non-consensual PvP encounter the armor of the attacker(s) is nerfed to the base non-enhanced properties.  Would that make PvP more interesting since the attackee can now, in theory, significantly hurt the attacker(s)?  Risk versus reward.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2019
    Define the “attacker”.
    i turn up to a spawn when the champ is up. And start casting explode flamestrike, pretty sure the dude who was working the spawn would get irked if he suffered any kind of penalty for trying to get the first hit in to disturb my combo.

Also, most people have about 100 of each resist anyway so don’t even bother enhancing armour. 

Also, define non consensual pvp. If you mean blues being attacked, people troll by playing on blue and casting walls etc to block players in and is aggressive even without flagging in combat. There is no non consensual pvp in uo, if blues didn’t want to be attacked they would either not goto fel or not leave the guardzone.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    That would be VERY UNBALANCED and a total NERF to a play style.  So what you are asking for is to be able to do PSs Spawns and if attacked, the attacker is basically stripped down to naked status so they can't kill you.
    I’m pretty sure I could kill spawners naked.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    They would not be naked.  They would still have the resists that comes with the base armor they are wearing. But instead of 100 with reflect damage they would just have 65 and no reflect damage.
    Their weapons would not be nerfed. So if you want to splinter and bleed my mage you would still be able to.

And @Mervyn being in Fel is not automatic consent to PvP. It is similar to a woman walking alone at night is not giving automatic consent to be assaulted.
    depends what they’re wearing.

• PaithanPaithan Posts: 120
    In short... really bad idea.
    TimSt said:
    And @ Mervyn being in Fel is not automatic consent to PvP. It is similar to a woman walking alone at night is not giving automatic consent to be assaulted.
    Yes it does because you are given a warning before you enter FEL so yes you do give your consent to be attacked at any time.

Bilbo said:
    TimSt said:
    And @ Mervyn being in Fel is not automatic consent to PvP. It is similar to a woman walking alone at night is not giving automatic consent to be assaulted.
    Yes it does because you are given a warning before you enter FEL so yes you do give your consent to be attacked at any time.

Interesting because I do not get a warning before entering Fel through moon gates or recall rune stones,  I do get a warning if I am entering an active VvV zone.  Which is annoying since my keep is in a VvV zone.
    TimSt said:

Bilbo said:
    TimSt said:

Interesting because I do not get a warning before entering Fel through moon gates or recall rune stones,  I do get a warning if I am entering an active VvV zone.  Which is annoying since my keep is in a VvV zone.

Then you have turned off the warning.
    edited February 2019

On all 13 characters across 2 accounts? Where do I turn it back on then so I get the warning?

<-- edit -->
    Just tried it on a 14th character on a different shard who has never been to Fel. And I still did not get a warning when the character moongated to Fel.

@Mariah can you answer @TimSt question.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I'm sorry, I can't find this setting
    I still get the warning on my teleport tiles so I am wondering if saying yes to that affects your entire account not just that char.  I thought you got that warning for red gates and the moon gate as well, will need to go ck.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    you get that warning for each char on the same account, when you step onto a teleport tile that takes you to fel. the only time you get a warning in fel, is when a town is VvV, it will ask you if you want to go to the nearest moongate...
    edited February 2019
    @Cinderella if you tell it to stop the warning does that affect just that char or the account.  If I am not mistaken the question is getting to FEL not after you are already there.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    @Bilbo my main char doesn't see the warning any more but others on that account still does.
    I just got the warning just yesterday, when using the teleporter to go to my fel castle, on a char on the same account...
    TY TY TY @Cinderella
  • You get the warning on teleporters and casted moongates, not the static moongates. You’ve never got them on static moongates.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    edited February 2019

I swear it was under options.

EDIT: To turn on left click yourself and enable pvp warning. This works for player moongates.

To disable you need to find a house teleporter that goes to fel and when the gump asks, you click proceed and do not ask me again.

Urge said:

I swear it was under options.

EDIT: To turn on left click yourself and enable pvp warning. This works for player moongates.

To disable you need to find a house teleporter that goes to fel and when the gump asks, you click proceed and do not ask me again.

Borderline post of the month award.