New Mailbox bug

flag doesnt go down when empty.  as you can see, the flag on my mailbox is up, but contents have been removed.



Comments

  • SmootSmoot Posts: 295
    ok maybe you as you cant see.  doesnt seem to want to upload a gif.  should be in the link tho
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    How are these actually supposed to work? I placed one and a guild friend told me they couldn’t place any items in it, so I set access to anyone but then anyone can take the stuff out right?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

    Breaking in the young since 2002


  • SmootSmoot Posts: 295
    edited February 2019
    yeah dont set access to anyone.  if set to anyone anyone can take stuff out.   set to owner only, anyone can drop stuff in, but only you can take out.

    private house i dont think anyone can put in (not sure tho all my houses are public).  endless journey cant use them.

    also worth noting is i know the flag thing isnt like a real mailbox, where the flag goes up when you want a posman to take something, but down when he puts mail in.  but for UO purposes having the flag up whenever something is in it is how there supposed to work (and have always worked except for this bug i found)
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,027
    private houses, they have to be friended or granted access, to be able to drop stuff in...

    I have my mailboxes set to co-owner. And sometimes when I take stuff out, the actual owner has to log in, for the flag to go down.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 295
    private houses, they have to be friended or granted access, to be able to drop stuff in...

    I have my mailboxes set to co-owner. And sometimes when I take stuff out, the actual owner has to log in, for the flag to go down.
    thanks, maybe its just buggy or will reset after server or something.  i did take the item out with actual owner of the house.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 295
    nevermind i fixed it.  i guess maybe theyve always been a bit buggy and ive never noticed.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 398
    Also you may find it acts wonky on house steps. I had to put mine up on the pad for it to work properly.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Smoot said:
    yeah dont set access to anyone.  if set to anyone anyone can take stuff out.   set to owner only, anyone can drop stuff in, but only you can take out.

    private house i dont think anyone can put in (not sure tho all my houses are public).  endless journey cant use them.

    also worth noting is i know the flag thing isnt like a real mailbox, where the flag goes up when you want a posman to take something, but down when he puts mail in.  but for UO purposes having the flag up whenever something is in it is how there supposed to work (and have always worked except for this bug i found)
    Is it Lockedown or is it secured?

  • SmootSmoot Posts: 295
    secured.  putting things in and taking them out (a few times, didnt work at first) ended up getting the flag working again.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I think if it is secured then anyone can put stuff in but only persons that have the correct levle access can remove items from it. If I am wrong can someone please let me know. 

  • MariahMariah Posts: 1,390Moderator

    Arron said:
    I think if it is secured then anyone can put stuff in but only persons that have the correct levle access can remove items from it. If I am wrong can someone please let me know. 

    You are correct. https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/mailbox/

  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Mariah said:

    Arron said:
    I think if it is secured then anyone can put stuff in but only persons that have the correct levle access can remove items from it. If I am wrong can someone please let me know. 

    You are correct. https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/mailbox/

    Okay cool. Thanks for the information and letting me know.
Sign In or Register to comment.