Anyone use a VM?

I probably don't have the technical knowhow on how to use a VM.

What I wanted to do was just take a screenshot of all of the default settings in UO from a fresh install, (Both EC and CC) so i could perhaps suggest some changes to the defaults so new players don't start on the back foot.
(I think uo hide's some settings in the windows registry it's why uninstalling wouldn't help)
So i'm asking if anyone who has access to VMs can help out?
OR even if someone simply has a new real machine and hasn't imported any settings yet.
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited February 2019
    I've tried with a couple of them under MacOs (Parallel and VirtualBox, with W7, W8 & W10) but haven't been able to have neither CC nor EC running for the official UO Shards.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I had no luck with a Windows 7 VM running in Oracle's VM Virtual Box environment.  I kept getting an error about not being able to create a game renderer and that I should check that if my video card supported it and if I was using the latest video card drivers.  The host computer is my main computer for playing UO so I know that is not the issue.