Your spirit lacks the cohesion for gate travel at this time.

@Kyronix @Bleak

This is probably not an issue on Non Siege shards as they have recall and SJ, but on Siege it's more than just an annoyance. Can you look into why this is a thing here ? It happens on perfectly flat marked spots, it happens both going into a brand new gate, and returning through that same gate, or another quickly opened one. It's been an issue for quite a long time as well. I've tried eating food, making sure HPs are full, Meditating..I step away from the gate and click it, I wait for the sound to end. I've tried everything. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it doesn't. If you can't fix it, could you at least tell us what factor is in play that's messing with our cohesion ?

thank you
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,095
    We have to check a box.  I made the gate, of course I want to walk into it.

Get rid of that message and let us go into the gate!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:

Get rid of that message and let us go into the gate!
    Please Please Please Please Please.  Very annoying.

Should be an option to turn-off the annoying warnings if we want to.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I always thought of it as uo’s version of “error loading” but to be honest it has always worked for me if I just wait a second or two. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,095
    I thought it may be because I have always run activated.  But it is not consistent.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • It's hard to remember sometimes that far back but this goes back to 2002 or around there I think.

Had something to do with some change to gating that was made.  It might have been the fix that prevented you from dragging heaving objects thru a gate.  Don't remember exactly except that we didn't always have this annoyance.
  • I agree with Garth: very annoying and to my understanding also unnecessary.
    Same with the NPC vets not resurrecting your pet because it lacks cohesion...just annoying, doesn't serve any purpose I could think of
  • I agree with Garth: very annoying and to my understanding also unnecessary.
    Same with the NPC vets not resurrecting your pet because it lacks cohesion...just annoying, doesn't serve any purpose I could think of
    That one was actually requested by players. There was some outcry when they announced the change, that it would "kill player interaction" so they added the delay to give people time to find a Player tamer to rez.  which in my opinion is contradictory of the reason it was being put in, The fact no one could find a player tamer on a regular basis to rez a pet  :D
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Same with the NPC vets not resurrecting your pet because it lacks cohesion...just annoying, doesn't serve any purpose I could think of
    Last week once.  It took 30 attempts to rez my stupid pack llama at the NPC vet.  Extremely annoying!
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I can get through other people's gates easier than my own, it's really annoying having to try 6 or 7 times to go through a gate that you cast yourself. 
  • Same with the NPC vets not resurrecting your pet because it lacks cohesion...just annoying, doesn't serve any purpose I could think of
    Last week once.  It took 30 attempts to rez my stupid pack llama at the NPC vet.  Extremely annoying!
    It has about 15 minute or so timed delay before they will rez your pet.  

• Well that explains it.  I did not know that.  
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    Back in the day I would open a gate almost right on top of its destination and attempt to create a continuously gating loop. So maybe I am to blame for the "lacks the cohesion"
  • Would be nice if the message about rune books needing to be recharged would go away...again.
  • @ Kyronix @ Bleak

This is probably not an issue on Non Siege shards as they have recall and SJ, but on Siege it's more than just an annoyance. Can you look into why this is a thing here ? It happens on perfectly flat marked spots, it happens both going into a brand new gate, and returning through that same gate, or another quickly opened one. It's been an issue for quite a long time as well. I've tried eating food, making sure HPs are full, Meditating..I step away from the gate and click it, I wait for the sound to end. I've tried everything. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it doesn't. If you can't fix it, could you at least tell us what factor is in play that's messing with our cohesion ?

thank you
    — The simple fix is to stand two tiles away from all moongates and double click them. You won’t get the “lacks cohesion” message or the pop-up where you have to click “ok”.

It’s a 5 minute timer, not 15.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • @ Kyronix @ Bleak

thank you
    — The simple fix is to stand two tiles away from all moongates and double click them. You won’t get the “lacks cohesion” message or the pop-up where you have to click “ok”.

It’s a 5 minute timer, not 15.
    looks like it's 10 not 5 or 15. So we were both wrong

• I would really appreciate a developer explaining to us why this is necessary?

What causes it?  Can it be prevented or minimized?

Is Gate Travel working as intended?  Why do we need this?

Lately, it seems like this has been worse.  There have been times when I have attempted to go thru a gate so many times unsuccessfully that the gate times out.  It's ridiculous.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Thank you for bringing the thread back on track.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.