Static vs Random Resources once more
As I was told at the last Meet and Greet this topic has to be discussed further, I will try to start this here. First I will try to sum up the pros and cons of these
older threads and one from statics and give my two cents to discuss.
Con Static Resources:
- Higher end resources get monopolized, no chance for average player
- More fun/relaxing because you can gather where you want with a chance for high end resources
- Harder for scripters to get high end resources
Pro Static Resources:
- Get the resources you are looking for
- Get more than a few ingots or wood of high end resources doing one hour of mining or lumber
- Getting high end resources mainly by mining or lumber instead other means
- Bring a some PvP for resources to Felucca
- Way bigger help for honest miners/lumberjacks compared to advantages for scripters
- More high end resources available hurt scripters
- Easiest solution to help honest miners/lumber with smallest developer time
Scripters already got the monopol of the high end resources. And I think static resources wont really help them. Would it make any difference if they have 5 million high end resources or 20 million? I dont think so. Maybe it would even hurt them with more high end resources availabe, the prices could drop and they could lose interest.
Even with scripters around, honest miners/lumber will get more resources they are aiming for in the same time as now, even the high end resources. Land masses got bigger, resource scripters probably got fewer. So i dont think they can cover all the spots all the time. With Prospectors tool and Gargoyle Pickaxe Veins can be bumped to high end ones. Wood is a bit different. Everyone agrees Heartwood/Bloodwood and Frostwood need a bumb in their commonness. Maybe something like a Prospectors Tool and Gargoyle Pickaxe for wood would be good too. So monopolizing could be prevented too. And there is always Ilshenar and Eodon where scripters dont go, cause they cant recall (at least not everywhere to). Maybe make the high end resources more common there to work against scripters.
Honest mining/lumbering is close to death, because its not worth. You barely get what you are aiming for and for surely not enough of it, which you should when you are GM Miner/Lumber. As a Artisan Festival Bod crafter I would like to fill for example 20 Exc Plate Valorite Large Bods. These require about 2k Valo ingots. Donating in the Vesper Museum or Britain Library takes about 14k Valorite or Frostwood for a 800k reward which arent even that good anymore, but thats another story. How many years would it take if you mine one hour a day? Switching back would be a big help for us Artisan Festival helpers.
This all being said, in my eyes the easiest and best solution without taking too much developer time would be reverting to static resources. Maybe bring some additional anti scripters help like bumping the commonness of high end resources in Ilshenar and Eodon or whatever people come up with.