Is City Loyalty supposed to decay ?

Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
Not that I was trying to keep them all in poor standing, but doing Slim the Fence trade deals, got me to Abhorred by all cities. I've done nothing since then, no donating, no good quests and i'm reviled in all cities now except one. I was under the impression that being hated in all cities would be helpful in acquiring the nearly impossible to receive Mempo, but with this decaying loyalty, I'm wondering if that has an impact on the rewards ?
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    edited April 2019
    — Yes, City Loyalty decays over time.

Positive loyalty requires trade deals, donations, or any of the things that help with city loyalty (like Champ Spawns) in order to stay high - so I would presume that Negative Loyalty would improve over time of you haven’t done anything “evil”.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    No it does not as per your login to UO states.  "The moons of Trammel and Felucca align to preserve your virtue status and city loyality."  Decay was turned off a long time ago.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    Yes it decayed very quickly so they turned decay off a looong time ago.  I hope it is not back on.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    My Imbuer has been at the castle from the begining of city loyality and has lost nothing
  • — That’s interesting, because I was Duchess in a couple cities on a few of my characters and am now down a few levels - and I don’t have negative karma or fame and have never done city trade deals in Fel for Slim the Fence.

So decay IS happening, just at a much slower rate than it used to.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
    — That’s interesting, because I was Duchess in a couple cities on a few of my characters and am now down a few levels - and I don’t have negative karma or fame and have never done city trade deals in Fel for Slim the Fence.

I have a Garg Imbuer that did city loyalty when it first came out using BODs he is adored an has never left my fel castle after becoming adored and still has the same city loyalty so you may be doing something.  Does doing stuff in other cities affect your city loyalty.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,684
    I have been Venerated in Minoc for over a year...
    I did Krampus continually with Britain & turned in one cargo to Britain & became venerated...
    I lost track of how many cargo I turned in Vesper...
    I am Venerated in Minoc, Britain & Vesper now
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    The loss of bad notoriety happened practically overnight, maybe Abhorred is just really hard to hold on to ? It took a long time for every city to reach that, and they all dropped down a level except Magincia, with no ingame work of any kind, just a log out and log in.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    — That’s interesting, because I was Duchess in a couple cities on a few of my characters and am now down a few levels - and I don’t have negative karma or fame and have never done city trade deals in Fel for Slim the Fence.

When you increase in a city you decrease a tiny amount in other cities.  They didn't want players to have max in all cities without putting in the work.

Otherwise it does not decay. My afk toons stay adored.
    Pawain said:

When you increase in a city you decrease a tiny amount in other cities.  They didn't want players to have max in all cities without putting in the work.

I"m not sure this is true, unless it's only for citizens. Garth on Siege is a member of no city, I was doing Slim runs for weeks, every city was listed as Abhorred by the time I got bored with doing it and it had produced no Mempo...a few days after that, every city dropped to Reviled except for New Mag, which has remained at Abhorred. I performed no good deeds for any city after stopping Slim, it just simply decayed on its own rather rapidly.

Pawain said:

I"m not sure this is true, unless it's only for citizens. Garth on Siege is a member of no city, I was doing Slim runs for weeks, every city was listed as Abhorred by the time I got bored with doing it and it had produced no Mempo...a few days after that, every city dropped to Reviled except for New Mag, which has remained at Abhorred. I performed no good deeds for any city after stopping Slim, it just simply decayed on its own rather rapidly.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/city-loyalty/

Reviled is a Tier 3 Negative

and this is from UOGuide http://www.uoguide.com/City_Loyalty
    : If you login once every 40 hours, the decay prevention will prevent cities' Love for you from decaying. Neutrality and Hatred values from cities will always decay.

@Mariah could we get this confirmed
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,981Moderator
    Found it.I will amend the wiki page

You are the best @Mariah ; TYVM
    edited April 2019
    I think the rating decrease was in effect during that event.  They did not want us to be able to get the banners for each city.  But UO players can do things the devs do not consider. And we complained about the loyalty drops from just being online.

It has been a long time so I just know mine do not drop.  All I did was drop in 4000 ingots so I could vote. I dont have loyalty in other cities on those toons.

I get the message saying my loyalty was preserved when I log in, even after 40 hours.

Someone that knows how the game is coded would be able to answer better than we can.

All I know is, each city sat on Reviled forever before changing to Abhorred, but overnight they all lost it, which is pretty lousy.

Sounds like a real bug and we decided to chime in about random kinda related things. 

Good Luck
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    The only way I've ever seen anyone lose city loyalty is by delivering trade orders to Slim the Fence in Fel. You can actually lose your governorship this way.

There is NO passive positive loyalty decay at all, as with Virtues. Only Fame decays passively (and actively).