Moving a Jewelry box (How)

Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
edited February 2019 in General Discussions
So how can you move the jewelry box?

It will not fit in my backpack or into a pack animal's backback. 

it has 350 jewels in it.  I need to move it from one house to another.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I imagine you'll need to decant 200 jewels :S
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• I have a feeling it's counting every jewel so it's obviously going to be over the 125 item limit of 99.9999% of all containers in the game.  Dumb, dumb, dumb!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited February 2019
    Oh it was worse.  If you had say 100 spare spots in your house and put a jewelry box down and put those 300 items in it to store.  You then decide to unlock it to move it.  You could not lock it back down until you cleared 200 space in your house!!!  That caused a lot of issues.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I swear my 14 yr old kid could do better QA.
  • It was meant to be so...I think     
    If you do not need to use a gate and can walk to the new house just carry it. I know its a total pain in the tush.   I found out the hard way when I went to move it when I gave away my Europa castle I can tell you I sifted through all them to end up splitting it in to 3 jewelry boxes and into 3 new made char banks!  not what I wanted.... 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited February 2019
    Should have been coded so that once its in your backpack, regardless if it has 1 item or 10k, you can't open it while its in your pack so no chance of being an exploitable item,  that's got to be an easy code fix.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited February 2019
    Just like the powerscroll book, if it has to locked down & secured, then it can't be used when in your pack.  Counting as all the items was poorly thought out.

What's weird is on the house storage menu, it only uses 1 lockdown and none of the items inside are added to "used by secure containers" total.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    It's the same as container weight. Unlimited if locked down if not you have to get creative. 
  • In all my years in the game the Dev (every team have done this)  has a thing about if they give you something they need to make it near impossible to be simple use item and they take away something you would expect it to have. No one said the dev team has common sense. The jewelry box is not perfect and we should have not expected it to be  it was rushed out to please the masses.  We pay for that rush.
    It can be moved with the moving crate. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Yes but if you need to move it  say to a second house …. or different shard   a whole other ball game
    edited February 2019
    But that is true for any heavy container that isn’t comprised of commodities. This thread is making a mountain out of a molehill.

• its not weight of the box.   its that the box holds 500 pieces but it does not show it on the house lockdowns menu. IT does show up when you unlock it.   and to relock it you much match the amount of contents of the box to do so. If you move the box must have the contents lowers to place it in a packie or secure to move.  That is the trouble its 1 item count till then.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    In all my years in the game the Dev (every team have done this)  has a thing about if they give you something they need to make it near impossible to be simple use item and they take away something you would expect it to have. No one said the dev team has common sense. The jewelry box is not perfect and we should have not expected it to be  it was rushed out to please the masses.  We pay for that rush.
    Rushed out after 20 years of asking for one.   I don't consider that a rush, just seriously POOR DESIGN.

One would think after such a long time of requests that the thing would of functioned perfectly instead it is less useful than a regular chest.  Not only that it never went via test centre so there was absolutely zero feedback on this much requested item before it was dumped on us.  Sad thing is with stuff like this once it makes it into the game it could be ten years or more .... generally more or never, that it gets fixed.  It was a problem that was identified the first second it was in game and it has not improved since.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • ummmmmm     What part of multi dev teams didn't you get?  
    I remember giving Garret an idea in '97 he said would fit in and was going to do it a few weeks later he was out of the game publishing. His whole dev team was let go in one go... in 21 years this game has had a lot of LP's and dev teams. Each with their own ideas of how to run the game....  I give you AOS as example one....with that idiot artist cartoons geesh give me a break... 
    Now the idea of them fixing it   might get done  with a bug or two in their list  it depends on the time and ease of it.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited February 2019
    ummmmm,,,,, .....  Nothing to do with multi dev teams, this has been an issue for years and years and on the want list for years and years. People were talking about how useful one would be back in 2003 and have continued to raise it as a highly sort after item over and over every year since then. 

The current dev team have been in place for a LONG time now, not just a few months, certainly since broadsword came around 2014 wasn't it?  4-5 yrs ago, and  Mesanna has been part of  UO for years and years prior to that, so not sure what part of multi dev teams I am supposed to get

I think that is a seriously patronizing statement to be honest. 

Some people have changed over the years but Mesanna has been around for at least 10-15 yrs or so in one position or another, so I would NOT call the jewelry box a 'rush job' by any stretch of the imagination. They have had this on the list of known 'want' items for yrs.  I so not believe that it was a rush job pushed out to please the masses as you claimed, if it came out 20 yrs ago when people started clamoring for it then yes, then it may be claimed it was rushed out to please the masses way back then, not now though.

It was basically poor design made with little care as to what the needs were in providing such an item. They needed to give us a gift and someone said 'oh let's give em a jewelry box' that they have been crying about for a decade or so and they just slapped one together and shoved it out without so much as thinking if it was suitable for purpose, in fact it has no purpose other than  to reduce the lockdown count. 

My work around is I just don't use it :).   Doesn't mean that I can't give my opinion of it. If you don't give feedback then nothing ever changes.  If you are happy with it as some people seem to be (mainly as it reduces lockdowns) all good.  If you are not, like me, then you have every right to say so.  

I just don't believe 'we are paying for the rush' when in fact there was NO rush, they had ample time to make sure the item was fit for purpose, Davies locker deeds up with all the maps in it, the new repair chest deeds up with all the deeds in it, the seedbox moves ok, there is no reason this jewelry box couldn't be moved in one go with all the jewelry in it and class itself as 1 item, not 501 items when moving it. Same as there is no reason it shouldn't have a search function a topic of that other thread.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited February 2019
    If Mesanna did read this, she would probably laugh how people keep believing she tried to to something for the players instead of just cutting some QA time. Fortunately, she doesnt.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Don't be so sure on that ….    Mesanna has on occasion droped in.  
    So true MissE, and change only comes from true honest talk.  I just don't remember a request for a jewelry box in 97 is all
  • .  I just don't remember a request for a jewelry box in 97 is all
    97, surely not.  But, 2003, AoS, after itemization and all the crazy mods on jewels IS when I first strarted thinking and hearing about a jewelry box.  It's been 16 years on the back-burner.
  • Now that I do recall     I was just in my oldest home and was amazed I still had bags full of the jewels from back then.