TRIBAL BERRIES : What is the point of having it so much time consuming to get ?

I frankly do not understand why it might be so much time consuming to get Tribal Berries....

I had a Cooking Bulk Order Deed requiring 20 Savage Kin Paints and, of course, since the place to find them is on Savages, I HAD TO go kill Savages to get them....

Well, in order to get 20 Tribal Berries I had to spend time to kill some 130+ Savages....

Like an average of 1 in 6 or even 7 kills to find a Tribal Berry....

Of course, this took considerable time.

Since there is basically no real use for Tribal Berries other the a pretty much useless Savage Kin Paint and the "I think I Overate" Quest from Pepta the Royal Tastetester which gives a pretty much useless Satiety Cure potion, I wonder what is the point of maintaining it so much time consuming to get Tribal Berries that are needed for Cooking Bulk Order Deeds...

Perhaps it is possible to make them 1 Kill = 1 Tribal Berry ?

And also, perhaps, create a Plant which players can grow which actually produces Tribal Berries ?

Comments

• Just need to make sure you’re killing the female savages or shaman - then you’re pretty much at a high enough drop rate to get 30+ in 20 minutes. 
    Farm mine in the shaman hut in the Ilshenar Savage Camp, up to three spawn and can take down within 10 seconds. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,346
    The drop rate was actually increased in publish 96, they're also used in cooking to make blue lobster pie.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,684
    the drop rate was increased and the last time I did it with a friend, we got around 100 in about half an hour...

if you don't like getting them, then you can always trade the BOD to other people. Or place them on a vendor...

And I believe the last time we did do this, every female we killed, had 1 tribal berry on them
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    the drop rate was increased and the last time I did it with a friend, we got around 100 in about half an hour...

if you don't like getting them, then you can always trade the BOD to other people. Or place them on a vendor...

And I believe the last time we did do this, every female we killed, had 1 tribal berry on them
    "if you don't like getting them, then you can always trade the BOD to other people. Or place them on a vendor..."

That's not my point....

My point is that I do not understand the logic behind making Tribal Berries so much time consuming to get....

I mean, they are nowhere near overpowering or giving any edge to players at all....

The biggest thing they are used to make is Tribal Kin Paint which hardly anyone uses.....

Even the blue lobster pie mentioned by @Petra_Fyde is hardly used by players considering the much limited buff that it gives to a character (it absorbs, to my understanding, a "whopping" only 5 points of Cold damage for 5 minutes....).

Therefore, if Tribal berries do not give anything of any significant power at all, "why" make them so much time consuming to get as if they were to give who knows what boost ??

This is what I do not understand.... it does not look balanced out in what Tribal Berries "give" and how much time they take to be found....
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,684
    they already increased the drop rate... before they did that I had dozens of the deeds needing filled. I filled all of those and still have 380 of the tribal berries. the drop rate is good as is... if you are in the right location, the females are the ones that have the berries. it doesn't take that long to fill these deeds.
    they already increased the drop rate... before they did that I had dozens of the deeds needing filled. I filled all of those and still have 380 of the tribal berries. the drop rate is good as is... if you are in the right location, the females are the ones that have the berries. it doesn't take that long to fill these deeds.
    Is there a specific place that has more female Savages then, where would could go to in order to increase the Tribal berries drop rate ?
  • popps said:
    Is there a specific place that has more female Savages then, where would could go to in order to increase the Tribal berries drop rate ?
    the tribal camp that is due south of where King Blacthorns castle was in Ilshenar.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

popps said:
    the tribal camp that is due south of where King Blacthorns castle was in Ilshenar.
    Hmmm... that's where I went to hunt Savages for Tribal Berries....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,346
    I prefer the area further west, opposite the ridgeback ponds. If you stay close to the mountain on the west the male warriors are further east and only the ridgeback riders don't give berries.
  • As Petra said they up'ed the spawn rate but I still have a hell of a time getting as many as I need. My cook cant fight, and the time it takes to get enough is too much for most players. I think if the dev could sprinkle a few berry trees in ish  and say let you pick off 10 per find of the tree and once it has been picked it wont spawn more for an hour... sounds fair to me   we still can hunt savages and it gives us another way to get them.  Remember you can recall so you really do need to walk to find the trees.... 
    As Petra said they up'ed the spawn rate but I still have a hell of a time getting as many as I need. My cook cant fight, and the time it takes to get enough is too much for most players. I think if the dev could sprinkle a few berry trees in ish  and say let you pick off 10 per find of the tree and once it has been picked it wont spawn more for an hour... sounds fair to me   we still can hunt savages and it gives us another way to get them.  Remember you can recall so you really do need to walk to find the trees.... 
    That's my point....

Tribal Berries are not such an overpowering item that requires exceptional scarcity....

They are mostly used for Cooking BODs now that Savage Kin Paint is not much used any longer....

So, why not make Tribal Berries more common ?
  • I did ask that a tree be a reward of some sort.  It would be nice to see.