Bulk Order Deeds' BOOKS : Are there good chances that their item count will be reduced to 1 ?

2»

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    NONE
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    popps said:
    dvvid said:
    popps said:
    dvvid said:
    People who save tons of BODS, are you keeping the small ones that aren't part of the large ones?  If so, thats definitely an issue.  I usually do those and bank the points*.  No point in hanging onto them.

This being said, my bank box on my crafter is funny.  It has 10 items in it, 4 of which are BOD books.  I struggle to put things in my bank box now.  I know I need to bring them to my house, but just wanted to mention how easy it is to fill the bank box when you have BOD books.

*Slight tangent, but I'm starting to wonder if banking the points is worth it.  I hear you lose all of your points when you claim a reward and will not receive any left over points.  Is that true?  If so, wow thats messed up.  
    "People who save tons of BODS, are you keeping the small ones that aren't part of the large ones?  If so, thats definitely an issue.  I usually do those and bank the points*.  No point in hanging onto them."

To the contrary, to my viewing there is ALL POINTS in hanging onto them....

Why so ?

Because one never knows when a Large BOD REQUIRING those smalls would come in....

Without accumulating ANY and ALL small BODs one would preclude to oneself the ability to fill those Larges as they come in....

Therefore, there is hardly any other alternative BUT to stock up them ALL and this, takes up item count too much, as many have lamented.

So much, that eventually one might have to stop playing for lack of any storage space....
    Not all smalls are included in the larges.  This is actually something that is really annoying to me.  But regardless of that, this means you do not need to save ALL of the BODs you get...because you actually do know which ones you need and which ones you don't based on what is online:

Example: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/blacksmithing/blacksmith-bulk-orders/
    Whatever isn't listed in the large BODs is not worth hanging onto.
    On the contrary, one NEEDS to stock up all of the BODs one gets....

Even for those larges which one does not want the Reward, since a Large BOD gives 20% Banking points versus the mere 2% of small BODs Banking points, it goes without saying that if one uses complete Large BODs towards getting banking points it would expedite reaching the total points as using only small BODs, and quite a faster track considering it is 20% vs. 2% banking points....

So, EVEN IF some Larges are of no interest to the crafter, nonetheless, waiting to have all of the Smalls to do that large BOD and use it to Bank points would grant a 20% Banking points progress as compared to a mere 2% Banking points progress thus STILL prompting the crafter to stock up any and all Bulk Order Deeds....

At least, that is the way I see it.
    I don't know if you are seeing my point.  I'm saying that you don't need to save all of the smalls because some smalls are not included in larges.  For example, there are no large shield BODs, so hanging onto any small shield BODs is pointless.  I just do them and turn them in to get another BOD since I won't need them in the future.

Also, yeah you can put BODs in a book in any state...empty, partial, full. Hope this cuts down on space for you if you were not aware.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    @dvvid a lot of shield bods are worth doing to get new bods or for PoF as they can be bribed up.  Just because a BOD does not go to a LBOD does not mean it is worthless
  • As of now we have no idea who is doing the work on the bod books.  That being said there are only a handful of people under Mesanna she can hand this off to. Misk is Q&A so he is out of the running as well.   That leaves Kyronix and Bleak.  Btw if one is reading this. the New book covers are having an issue of not marking the book for its type ie: Cooking, Inscription etc,
    I do love the colors, oh and you cant put a bag of them on a vendor (container).
    Ikeelu  we who work the bulk order need the books turned into what they should have been in the first place.  One item count no matter where its at.   House lockdowns, Vendors taking up space and creating lag,  the actual working on the things!   
    I can attest to working on them a lot and its very frustrating to juggle the damn books to do just one large bod. As Popps said you have to hunt and peck for matches to the larges in a lot of other books.. this would all end if they were 1 item count.  To be honest the horde of bods I have would shrink greatly if I could get them all on my crafter to sort and fill the larges with what I got ...  omg that is a dream but  we need that dream. 
  • In the past I am sure the books were duped big time as some of those val and verite bod parts and jarges went for mills.  
    Now... I get a val large or part every few days... they upped the rate of all bod types to drop.    
    I use a spread sheet to keep this info and the copy of the dev wiki sheets on bulk orders. 
    This is so I can work off line on the plans to work the next day.   
    On Atlantic a lot of bod sellers have quit selling there is no money in it now.  This I was told by a player who once had a thriving bod business that is now down to handful of books that are slowly shrinking to nothing.   
    Ikeelu  we tend to lump the past and present dev teams together so its not unheard of for you to put things on this team that actually got started by another who had very different thoughts of how things go in UO.   Mesanna's only concern is the duping of the books if made 1 item.  I can see it if the high end items were still so very hardtop get. But this new set up of bod rewards has made it more conducive to getting the bods you need by way of working the NPC turning in bods for higher ones.  Believe me all those small that don't have a use  really do.  Doing them has made turning in them a gateway to the ones I want. 
    Someone asked me why do I bother doing the bods? 
    I enjoy it and the items sell reasonably well so I can buy the junk in the game I want.  Now I will admit looking at the large amount of bods I own on multi shards does look like a mess and a hording issue. Only the explanation is very simple and any true crafter will tell you the same it can take a book full to get 1 6 part bod done with others needing part to boot.  in less then 2 weeks I can have a set of books filled in each skill and that's not joking and I bet you I might be able to fill from that pull of bods 2 to 5 larges.  I need the books to be like the others 1 item count and able to have my crafters work at them  not scrambling over my vendors searching for parts. ITs wasting my time and play.  The other factor  the dev need to consider is this hastle is costing them players when the frustration sets in.
  • OK back to the subject at hand. Meaning stop the cuts and bleeds.  
    now back to the post at hand.....
    I talked to a few people I know on about 6 shards and most of them agree we need the books to be 1 item count. Most do not understand why they were not this way to begin with. They also said that the idea of a way to see the recipes we don't have in our context menu on the tools accented  with the red *  was a great thing if the dev can do it.  
    Friends on Catskills of which many are in hopes that who ever is doing this is listening. 
     @Kyronix @Bleak ; can you see who ever is doing it gives what we have said in both posts considers this stuff.   A way to get the recipe's that are missing too would be a big help.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Anyone who serves their country deserves respect in my opinion. As for the BOD book being one lockdown, I have crafters but no where near the amount as most here but if the BOD Books only took 1 lockdown then I would be very tempted to collect and do more BOD'S.
  • See …  many think exactly this way. 
    Bods will give hubby's or the lady's a way to lock in a wife or hubby who likes puzzles and connect the dot stuff to try playing UO.. no I am not kidding.  
    Over the years I made that query to some male friends who's mates were complaining of them spending time in the game and not doing something else.  It worked.
    My nephew got me hooked by fishing!  
    Bods keep idol fingers busy till a hunting party is ready to entice them to play. 
    A whole guild on Napa left for a private shard  because the Then in charge Dev didn't listen to them on crafting.  Over 300 people left... poof in under a few months. My lady is the last member of that guild!  
    Which goes to show you the power of the craft.