Can someone please explain to me the Jewelry Box ?

2»

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Cute house
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Mervyn said:
    Cute house
    Many thanks! :)

"Parva, sed apta mihi", as they say...

You can see it here in all its "Moonglowing" spelndor: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/351/my-little-house-on-moonglow#latest
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,957
    I still have the issue that I cannot read the jewelry pieces while being inside of the box....

Hovering on them with the mounse pointer brings up no description and left clicking on them ejects them from the box....

And I cannot seem to find the WHY I cannot seem to get the pieces description while being in the box....

Is this like a personal bug only occurring to my client that noone else experienced it ?

Oh, and ABSOLUTELY, a SEARCH function for the Jewelry Box is a MUST to be done, I think, as well as the possibility to "sort out" the pieces by wanted stats....

I mean, with a capacity of 500 pieces it is a fundamental need to save up countless time when having to find the "right" piece among them all, me thinks....
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited February 2019
    popps said:
    (...)

Oh, and ABSOLUTELY, a SEARCH function for the Jewelry Box is a MUST to be done, I think, as well as the possibility to "sort out" the pieces by wanted stats....

I mean, with a capacity of 500 pieces it is a fundamental need to save up countless time when having to find the "right" piece among them all, me thinks....
    On this I totally agree: some sort of Search is absolutely a MUST for containers of a type like the JB! :)
    edited February 2019
    hmm Strange bug, have you tried logging in on a different char (or account) if you have one? And hovering over the jewels. 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    I love the jewelry box... 

to make it easier to find the talisman I want for each of my crafting... I dyed each jewelry box the color of the BOD and placed in the area of the crafting... And imbuing I placed in my blacksmith area... And when someone asks for a alchemy talisman, I go straight to it & can tell them in a few seconds that I have what they need...

As for the separate Mods on jewelry, I do have a separate JB for mana regen. 
    Until they do add a search, maybe it would be easier if you made a JB just for your items that do sell... maybe put one on top of it, that shows what you have inside.... 

I've been thinking about doing one just for LRC & placing a LRC piece on top... And when I mouse over it, I would instantly know that's my lrc box...

I don't use EC that often cause it hurts my eyes. And I never could get Pinco's to work. So instead I come up with other ways to be creative with the JB's...

I love having the JB. It has saved me so much space & love having them where I can find them.
    I love the Jewelry Boxes. 500 items for 1 lockdown. Nice. Plus I can sort by jewelry type. I have see others state that when they hover their mouse pointer over the jewel that they get no info on the jewelery. I get all the info on the jewelry piece as if it was in my main pack. And it does not take any time for the info to be displayed either.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Arron said:

to make it easier to find the talisman I want for each of my crafting... I dyed each jewelry box the color of the BOD and placed in the area of the crafting... And imbuing I placed in my blacksmith area... And when someone asks for a alchemy talisman, I go straight to it & can tell them in a few seconds that I have what they need...

Until they do add a search, maybe it would be easier if you made a JB just for your items that do sell... maybe put one on top of it, that shows what you have inside.... 

I've been thinking about doing one just for LRC & placing a LRC piece on top... And when I mouse over it, I would instantly know that's my lrc box...

I don't use EC that often cause it hurts my eyes. And I never could get Pinco's to work. So instead I come up with other ways to be creative with the JB's...

I love having the JB. It has saved me so much space & love having them where I can find them.
    I love the Jewelry Boxes. 500 items for 1 lockdown. Nice. Plus I can sort by jewelry type. I have see others state that when they hover their mouse pointer over the jewel that they get no info on the jewelery. I get all the info on the jewelry piece as if it was in my main pack. And it does not take any time for the info to be displayed either.
    Is the Jewelry Box Locked down or is it Secured???

Mervyn said:
    hmm Strange bug, have you tried logging in on a different char (or account) if you have one? And hovering over the jewels. 

Yes, I also tried with other characters in the account and they all seem not to bring up the jewelry piece description while it is in the box....

If I pull it out of the Box and have it in the backpack or in another container I can see the description by LEFT CLICKING on it.

Problem is, that I cannot left click on the piece while it is in the jewelry box because by doing so, the piece gets ejected out of the jewelry box and into my backback....

I frankly do not understand how to find a fix to this....
    Arron said:
    Arron said:

Is the Jewelry Box Locked down or is it Secured???
    Mine says "LOCKED DOWN & SECURE".....
    Although I do not like to play in the Enhanced Client, I logged in using the EC and tried hovering over jewelry pieces while they are in the Jewelry Box and, strangely enough, in the Enhanced Client i do get their description pop up while hover with the mouse over them....

So, it is a problem related strictly to the Classic Client for me....

Question is, how to fix it now ?

Anyone has any ideas?
    @popps, you should never need to click on an item to view the properties, you just need to hover over it.
    Check yourself before you wreck yourself, options should look like this:

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,690
    @Mervyn thank you for the pics... mine was set at 1000.
    I've been wondering why I have trouble loading some stuff
  • Set your Item properties display mode to "mouse over".
    Mervyn said:
    @ popps, you should never need to click on an item to view the properties, you just need to hover over it.
    Check yourself before you wreck yourself, options should look like this:

That DID IT !!

Thank you SO much for the kind help !!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,125
    @ Mervyn thank you for the pics... mine was set at 1000.
    I've been wondering why I have trouble loading some stuff

Thanks @Mervyn !!!         A patch must have put all of my accounts at 5000!  One day I noticed I could not view my buffs for 5 secs. And the ones on timers would just flash.  Thought I just got an unlucky bug.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.