Requesting No PvP Shard

2»

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited February 2019

@ikeelu - originally I came into this thread to say no issues, have your Trammel shard. I'd also like the same for Feluccan's, note we are limited in our gameplay far more than you are. I'm a blue anti pk by the way in Felucca. I dominate champ spawns when I want to, the reds have lost the battle on our shard when we play. :)

Then this other guy came in, moaning about moderators, saying how we are scared for this idea to happen, and how Runescape is such a great game compared to this, because it has no pvp…

a. Not scared of the idea, no issues with it, I've pushed the same thing myself.

b. I'm one of the most heavily moderated guys on both Stratics and UO.Com, and I have no issues with either forums fairness.

c. He was using such incorrect data relating to Runescape, pvp and the reasons for its success, I had to correct him, can't let such false arguments be used.

There you go.

• Canceled_SubCanceled_Sub Posts: 32
    edited February 2019
    You have not refuted anything I said.  Runescape is hugely successful, they put PvP on the back burner when they switched to their Enhanced Client. 

You are a troll, who is afraid of losing his/her ability to cause grief to others.  We are just asking for a solution because we have years of time and nostalgia with this game.  I think a lot of us are shocked the pvp lasted this long.  That’s why we are posting.  It’s a broken game mechanic, driving many of us away.

We have provided a simple solution.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

@Canceled_Sub - Thanks for continuing to call me a troll because my opinion differs and you cannot comprehend how anyone could have a different opinion to your own. I don't cause grief to anyone to be fair, so again, you are making baseless assumptions.

I read that Runescape put PvP on the backburner, because they were trying to combat the effect of RMT sites, and the fact players were buying the best equipment for RL cash to PvP with... Nothing to do with the fact PvP was not popular, but keep on spinning your yarns.

You are shocked players are having fun? I can understand, seeing your delicate viewpoints.

And as you say, I'd love them to create an Easymode game shard for you and all of your kind to clear off to.

Would you be kind enough to support an all Felucca style facet in return, or are you too scared it would be too popular, and no-one would actually go to your stale Trammel server?

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    @Cookie what does he care he quit like a little cry baby because he died in FEL, alls he is trying to do is bring down UO anyway he can.
  • IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    If they created shards Vice and Virtue one being a fel ruleset shard and one being a tram ruleset shard with no xfers in or out, I think they would appeal to their player base. 

A player can dream.

I have nothing further to contribute 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    Ikeelu said:
    If they created shards Vice and Virtue one being a fel ruleset shard and one being a tram ruleset shard with no xfers in or out, I think they would appeal to their player base. 

A player can dream.

I have nothing further to contribute 
    I thought in a Tram only rule set shard there would be no player killing so how would VvV work?
  • Canceled_SubCanceled_Sub Posts: 32
    edited February 2019
    my account will end in a couple of days and I will only consider a resub if they make a trammel shard with all content.  Or something else that’s equally good for people that don’t want to be griefed day after day when they get off work.

I expect to read about the game ending, but I hope the developers come to their senses.

Good luck all.
    LMAO You go to FEL and die and you call that griefing, what a joke.  Easy fix stay out of FEL and stop whining like a little baby.
  • Bilbo said:
    LMAO You go to FEL and die and you call that griefing, what a joke.  Easy fix stay out of FEL and stop whining like a little baby.
    Mods?  Come on.  Lol.  This is the UO experience in a nutshell.   Good luck all.
  • IkeeluIkeelu Posts: 134
    @Bilbo first, there is no non-consensual pvp in Tram so there would be no VvV. Second, you still fail to understand the issue. There are people that want to farm powerscrolls, not to sell but to level pets. They are killed by PKs often. Content blocked. Sadly the system is broken, it's easier on Atlantic to farm other items to sell and buy scrolls but on smaller population shards this is not an option. It just takes one ruthless PK to block content to a whole small shard. This is sad. I have even stated that I can kill this PK on my shard but he just runs and runs and runs and runs... from a PvM temp. It’s the principal, a PK with honor would realize he has nothing to gain and would leave it be but he continues to just troll. Do you get it yet Bilbo? Do you see the circle jerk here? Why do you think people cheat? Should I cheat to grief this griefer? Should I just RMT powerscrolls? Give me a solid soloution. I’ll try whatever, I have till the end of the month paid. 
    esdxWhere is the bank? 
    @Ikeelu I understand the situation %100.  The OP went to FEL and died while trying to farm PSs so he came on here like a 2 year old stomping his little feet and even went so far as to make a char here Canceled_Sub to throw his little fit.  I have been here for 20+ years and yes I played pre-Tram and have died many times and have been very vocal about a consensual PvP switch but I know it does not exist ATM.  No way would I come on here after going to FEL where I know that I will die and stomp my feet like a 2 year old for being killed in FEL and cancel my accounts.  I have PvM and Crafters and I have all my chars scrolled out to 120s, I know I can not do champ spawns so I get gold and buy my PSs but if I did decide to try and go to FEL I would not be a whiney little baby about it.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Cookie said:

I'll agree the "forcing" thing can be an issue.

I feel forced into Trammel, for such things as town buffs, to experience all the new style facets, 99% of events, 90% of all the other artefact drops, all new content.

Must be real hard with all the carebears camping the city stones waiting to kill you.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    edited February 2019
    Ikeelu said:
    @ Cookie sadly you can’t debate here, you can simply state your opinion and leave or the thread is locked.

However, If you pvp fine, keep it up. If you pk fine, keep it up. If you want to live out your UO days in Fel fine, keep on keepin on. But please tell me why you are in this thread? The only responses should have been voices for this idea. You lose nothing if something like this were implemented, or do you?
    Oh but they do. They do have quite a lot to loose, which is why the opposition is so vicious. If the bulk of PvMers leave to this shard, what do you think will happen to the PS prices? That's the most lucrative income source in the game that PvPers already feel entitled to. And not just that, Where will they find easy targets to keep themselves entertained? Fighting other PvPers gets old fast (see the fate of any open world PvP game), and you are threatening to take the easy kills away form them. Separating the victims from the predators takes away both a very good source of income and a very fun (for them) playstyle.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Ikeelu said:
    Do you see the circle jerk here? Why do you think people cheat? Should I cheat to grief this griefer? Should I just RMT powerscrolls? Give me a solid soloution. I’ll try whatever, I have till the end of the month paid. 

I have a few solutions. 1) Transfer to a dead shard. Scout them for days to see who's on when you play. Farm until your bank is full and transfer back. I know lots of people that do this. 2) If you keep being raided by one lone person you need to pick another spawn besides despise. No single person is going to scout every single spawn during your time every single day. 3) Invest in a friend. Strength in numbers but you'll have to split the rewards.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Ikeelu said:
    Simple as that. No transfers in or out. Please let us play all game content on easy mode on a shard that is in a vacuum. Housing rules still apply. 

Thoughts
    Regarding the original topic, it seems the main reason is to give players a shard that they can get PS without worrying about PKs. This is the main, underlying reason right?

I don't think it is necessary. I don't play dominate the champ spawns and I still get enough PS for my pets. PS is such a small subset of the entire game and I dont think there is a need for another newbie-only shard.

If anyone thinks otherwise, other games are better because of no PVP etc and so, please go play other games. I think you posted on the wrong forum. 

There are many reasons for players quitting over the years. If you don't have any survey feedback on the majority of their reasons, dont try to play smart and pretend you know better. 

Personally I left UO 2 times not because I died and whine about getting PKed in Fel while trying to get the PS. It was for other reasons like work and being busy and other priorities in life.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Sliss said:
    Ikeelu said:
    @ Cookie sadly you can’t debate here, you can simply state your opinion and leave or the thread is locked.

However, If you pvp fine, keep it up. If you pk fine, keep it up. If you want to live out your UO days in Fel fine, keep on keepin on. But please tell me why you are in this thread? The only responses should have been voices for this idea. You lose nothing if something like this were implemented, or do you?
    Oh but they do. They do have quite a lot to loose, which is why the opposition is so vicious. If the bulk of PvMers leave to this shard, what do you think will happen to the PS prices? That's the most lucrative income source in the game that PvP'ers already feel entitled to. And not just that, Where will they find easy targets to keep themselves entertained? Fighting other PvPers gets old fast (see the fate of any open world PvP game), and you are threatening to take the easy kills away form them. Separating the victims from the predators takes away both a very good source of income and a very fun (for them) playstyle.
    I don't agree with the fact about getting killed to try to earn some power scrolls but I know that it is part of the game and is needed. If tram had unlimited access to PS what would be the challenge or fun, it would be boring. The red players are restricted to fel and they do not have any of our areas to farm for things like artifacts like we do in fel so they protect their source of income. We may not like it or want to admit it but i believe the game needs both. We would be diminished as a whole if we lost one side or the other. Plus think about it this way if the situation was reversed how would we feel?
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    That is a nice note to end this contentious thread on. Please keep the Terms of Service in mind when posting here, please. Many posts in this thread are of a personal nature. I am certain this topic will be brought up again. I will see you then.
This discussion has been closed.